Siel Character Creation Temporarily Locked

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

With today's launch (!!) and significant influx of players, we saw a disproportion number of character created on Siel. Therefore, to keep players reasonably balanced between servers, we have temporarily locked character creation on Siel. For the time being, we would recommend creating a character on Israphel. We will update this post once this lock has been lifted.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really unfortunate for locking it especially since I deleted my character to redo his looks before starting to level and now I can't even create my character again.  This has screwed me over on the launch day now. A lock should of been done a few hours after launch not right off the start.

This doesn't necessarily solve the issue. You're just going to have a bunch of players waiting for the lock to open back up... you're better off putting in a queue once players select their character and try to actually log in...

• Aion Team
1 minute ago, 66sCC171 said:

It's also unfortunate because we are hearing and seeing bots already ruining it for the actual players.

If you have any videos, imagery, or details to showcase this feel free to send them to AionCommunity@ncsoft.com so that I can review and share them with our Game Team. I know that they want to work seriously to combat these issues.

1 minute ago, Kibbelz said:

If you have any videos, imagery, or details to showcase this feel free to send them to AionCommunity@ncsoft.com so that I can review and share them with our Game Team. I know that they want to work seriously to combat these issues.

Not to sound rude, but you can see them running around with random names already in the starting zones. I can't send any videos or images due to not being able to get into the game due to your creation lock after I deleted my character.

1 minute ago, EvangeIion-KT said:

It would be nice if you consider to just keep us on queue instead of lock the character creation ... I'm not moving to another server,  I want to play with my friends 😥.

agreed. no1 is hopping servers because they're locked. they're literally just going to wait it out. so may as well open back up the queue.

Does this also apply to players with characters that already exist on the server? For example, if I want to remake one of my Asmos, will deleting the existing one lock me out of being able to recreate it?

1 minute ago, Guest Zew said:

Does this also apply to players with characters that already exist on the server? For example, if I want to remake one of my Asmos, will deleting the existing one lock me out of being able to recreate it?

Yes, I deleted my asmo, wanted to remake it. and now I can't.

1 minute ago, Guest Zew said:

Yes that literally just happened to me and Yissel that's what I originally. posted

• Aion Team
11 minutes ago, 66sCC171 said:

Not to sound rude, but you can see them running around with random names already in the starting zones. I can't send any videos or images due to not being able to get into the game due to your creation lock after I deleted my character.

I'm confused on how you're seeing them if you're not logged in. via Twitch? Is there a stream you can direct me to? Our Staff is very interested to hear details here, because they are actively engaged in tracking down bots. Please also share if there are any reports you/anyone may have submitted they can reference.

5 minutes ago, Guest stunkcuf said:

how long you think this lock will be?

I will update as soon as I have an any details but for now I have been told we do not have a projected time yet.

Just now, Kibbelz said:

I'm confused on how you're seeing them if you're not logged in. via Twitch? Is there a stream you can direct me to? Our Staff is very interested to hear details here, because they are actively engaged in tracking down bots. Please also share if there are any reports you/anyone may have submitted they can reference.

From people streaming on twitch and from people that are on the game in discord that didn't get cheated out of playing from remaking their character because of the lock.

Guest stunkcuf
3 minutes ago, Yisselx said:

YEAH! We demand answers!!!

no i just got friends playing and will wait patiently tell i can create character. i can wait 

Guest stunkcuf
2 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

I will update as soon as I have an any details but for now I have been told we do not have a projected time yet.

TY 🙂

• Aion Team
53 minutes ago, 66sCC171 said:

From people streaming on twitch and from people that are on the game in discord that didn't get cheated out of playing from remaking their character because of the lock.

@66sCC171Do you remember the channel you were watching so that I can send the team their VOD?

You also mentioned Discord, so I am asking in the largest Classic Discord channel I know of (Classic Network). Was this the channel you saw reports in?

iNNApEo.png

I need specifics or there's not much I can do since so far I have only seen two reports, yours and this one.

UPDATE: I have not received any further issues so far about bots, and the user above seems to be unable to provide me with a discord channel or Twitch channel where I can find further details. Let me know if this changes, or if anyone encounters anything. Thank you!

Archived