The only way to save Aion is:

Guest Xaw

1 Keep 15$ subscription.

2 Remove daeva pass and tiger candies.

3 Merge 2 servers in 1.

4 Contract 2 persons to instant ban gold sellers 24/7.

This game has great potential but the publisher seems to have 0 idea on how to monetize a game in a good way. If they dont do anything there is no way Aion survives more than 3 months and thats because the people who already bought 50$ pack, rip after that.

They prefer to get mass money in 3 months and close the servers than have a healthy game running for a long time.

This is not KR market, cya.

I'm personally quite content with the lower population on Israphel. It's nice not having to fight several hundred people over essence and aether nodes and it's already a chore trying to share most quest mobs (at least in Eltnen.) As for the rest though, not opposed at all!

1 Keep 15$ subscription.

3 Merge 2 servers in 1.

So i have to say I agree with number: 
1 - agree 100%

2 - I dont have daeva pass but I dont agree to remove it. I would drop price at 10-15$ so more ppl can buy it (there is nothing p2W anyway)

3. Definitely NO

4. Well this is good idea but what happens when some1 report legit player and he gets ban?

Guest Kaifin
16 hours ago, Guest Xaw said:

1 Keep 15$ subscription.

3 Merge 2 servers in 1.

This game has great potential but the publisher seems to have 0 idea on how to monetize a game in a good way. If they dont do anything there is no way Aion survives more than 3 months and thats because the people who already bought 50$ pack, rip after that.

They prefer to get mass money in 3 months and close the servers than have a healthy game running for a long time.

This is not KR market, cya.

with the exception of the third point, I agree with the rest, as there is no need to merge the servers, but yes open a third one, as at least in Siel, it's full!

16 hours ago, Guest Xaw said:

1 Keep 15$ subscription.

3 Merge 2 servers in 1.

Server merge is the dumbest thing I have heard all day, Siel is crowded, it's damn hard to do quests in Eltnen without other players all over the mobs you are after, or items you are trying to gather.  Heck, there are more people in the Artizans Hall crafting atm than I see on KT during a siege! If Israphel is short of players then leave Siel character creation locked until people get the message.

Guest Cambria

The candy issue isn't even bad. Just make it so it can't be used to sell in your personal shop. If a few players want to make kinah by waiting on their own then fine. Bot/gold sellers are the community destroying issue, especially taking over LFG. Keep a $15 dollar sub. Pay for a BP like in Destiny 2 it last longer, offers non game breaking rewards and nice cosmetics. The "ultimate rewards" and pay up for it now method is going to ruin the game. NC stands to make a lot of money long term on a potentially fantastic game. 

Um? Why would you suggest server merge.

Israphel has a good population. Siel is beyond over population with people.

Guest KoroBoy

And why exactly Aion Classic needs saving? Plenty of ppl playing, candy's are not that much of a deal, deava pass is fine , expensive but I assume there are ppl willing to pay the buck for it, merging seems not the wisest as other stated, too many ppl on siel anyways for questing and gathering. Can't really understand this need to save or fix something that is not broken, true that candies are the hottest topic but not very p2w anyways. All it did from my point of view is accelerate economy, paying ppl get kinah so they can move faster with crafting, non-paying players get some kinah from buying candies from whales and can afford what other ppl sell/craft. Why is it so bad ?

To all asking why i sugest a server merge. Its very simple.

The game is 5 days old and already 50% populated at peak times. 

The game going sub based in 2 days.

The population will decrease even more after that. 

I understand you feel happy with the actual population but it will go down so fast if they dont change anything. At the end they will merge the servers. KR servers running at 80% at any hour. Thats a healthy servers.

The problem is they have kept the same monetization KR has thinking it will succeed in NA/EU market but the truth is people tends less P2W here, except a few whales. 

If they remove daeva pass and tiger candies i can understand they can keep 2 servers alive at same time otherwise it's impossible.

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Merging of server? Why... we can't even make chars on Siel because it is overcrowded.

Hopefully after maintenance tomorrow when the free week finishes, they can get a better feel for the real numbers on each server. It's plenty hectic atm.

10 hours ago, Alvie said:

Server merge is the dumbest thing I have heard all day, Siel is crowded, it's damn hard to do quests in Eltnen without other players all over the mobs you are after, or items you are trying to gather.  Heck, there are more people in the Artizans Hall crafting atm than I see on KT during a siege! If Israphel is short of players then leave Siel character creation locked until people get the message.

Israphel has the same thing, just slightly less people, for the moment merging of servers is a bad idea.

We don't know who will all stay once the first months come and go from everyone buying the founder packs, but we are no where near those dates yet. Yes we will see some decrease once the trial is over, but if there is going to be a huge decrease, I suspect it would be more at the end of July than with June.

Guest ohtheyknow
On 6/28/2021 at 11:49 AM, Guest Xaw said:

but the publisher seems to have 0 idea on how to monetize a game in a good way.

They know exactly what they are doing and it is in a good way, for them.  I understand what you mean tho but other seem to be clueless in thinking these companies are smooth brains when it comes to monetizing stuff, they know exactly what they are doing know their customer base will fall for the low hanging tactics.

Guest Khallarion

Aion was and still is such a beautiful game.

It has so many potential, but I agree the marketing approach is its downfall.

In other words, they're taking a masterpiece and just abusing not only the game, but their player-base.

It's natural a company wants monetary return of their efforts, but there're several ways to do that.

What we see in Aion Classic is an attempt of little effort in order to recover from the bad choices they  previously made.

In other words, they want to use a 10 years old game and release it not only as something new, but aiming more profit.

Even so, if you play Aion Classic, you clearly see it was made for you to waste time, so you would keep paying for your subscription.

The grind in order to level up, the hours taken in order to level up a profession, the questing, all the Kinah needed in order to enchant a piece of gear etc.

Not only that, but before the drop was even worse, and people stayed months without getting their needed piece from dungeons.

It's an abusive and predatory system, that deludes the player, allowing them to think it's possible to fairly compete against others.

It's indeed possible, but you need to spend several hours, not only that, but several months, which would require you to keep your subscription, as stated.

They release new content, just re-shading and re-using what they already have, resetting the gear cap so you can waste more time and effort.

It clearly indicates they don't want to invest in the game, with new story and content, not like other mmos or companies do (with entire new lore and dialogues).

Instead, they keep trying to adopt different ways of abusing people, using an old and decayed system.

Now, they want to charge you for subscription, but also they want to offer you a faster way to progress within a system designed to trap your progress.

In the future, they'll probably add pay to win content, bit a bit, to the point people will start getting more and more advantage over others.

Enchantment stones, enchantment supplies, scroll reset entries, and everything that requires you to use real money in order to achieve your goals.

I mean, achieve your goals within a period of time acceptable in order to compete with other people.

That might work in other countries, specially countries where people aren't well-educated and unaware of those predatory practices.

But just look at EU and GameForge, and just look to retail Aion in Americas, and how they simply lost pretty all their player base.

Aion Classic is an indication that people still love the game, and returned glad their previous experience.

But as soon the Siel's Aura goes away, people won't bother much in buying an expensive subscription for an experience they already had previously.

Even people who bought 3 months subscription will just vanish, since there're different mmos in the market that offer more for less, and with quality.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but I'm against such predatory practices.

There're ways to keep the game alive and interesting, you just need to keep a good lore, good voice dialogues, improve the UI, improve player interaction and so on.

You might charge for subscription, and even charge for new content and expansion, but do it right, with quality.

Try to get people through competency, not through gambling.

We are all happy with Aion Classic, and we can clearly notice that not only based on players, but based even on people in NCWest Office.

It's like a rebirth, watching people coming and going from Verteron, Eltnen, all the life and movement.

NCSoft doesn't need to scam us, instead, it must respect its workers and players, giving Aion the value it has.

The only way to save Aion is:

1. stfu and stop complaining

Less than $60 on a game release is not the end of the world and nor are candies that equate to teleport money and are worth nothing but a minor buff, worse than other candies, a month from now.

Guest miser

Anything approaching $60 is already robbery for a rerelease of a 12 year old game, nevermind the fact people buying in for that are just forking out for the privilege of being whale punching bags at this point in time
You say it'll wash a month from now, what do people do in the interim? Stick it out, eat kinahsnowballed ganks, inflated economy and slowed progression with a side of shite?

Guest stopmeifyou'veheardthisone

Anything approaching $60 is already robbery for a rerelease of a 12 year old game, nevermind the fact people buying in for that are just forking out for the privilege of being whale punching bags at this point in time
You say it'll wash a month from now, what do people do in the interim? Stick it out, eat kinahsnowballed ganks, inflated economy and slowed progression with a side of shite?

On 6/28/2021 at 11:40 PM, Arazith said:

Why do you think we need to merge servers? I play on IS and it's hard enough already to compete with other players for quest mobs and gatherables, I imagine on Siel it's much worse. 

Have you heard about "Chaning Channel"? this is not super mario bros. it suppose to be competitive not an easy one bruh .

2 hours ago, Nuker said:

Have you heard about "Chaning Channel"? this is not super mario bros. it suppose to be competitive not an easy one bruh .

You can only change channel in Poeta, Verteron, and Theobomos. I'm not complaining about having to compete with others though, just pointing out that the server is populated enough to have it and that there is no need to merge servers.

12 hours ago, Nuker said:

What are you even talking about?  Elyos are supposed to compete with the Asmos, and vice versa.  The last I checked, I'm not leveling any Asmos in Eltnen.

In regard to server merges?  No.  I may want to play an Elyos, at some point.  I can't have both factions on the same server, and I shouldn't have to create another account because someone doesn't understand that point.  2 is the absolute minimum they can have.  I have a toon on Siel, but I haven't logged it in yet, too busy on Israphel, and I had to group up three times yesterday to prevent "competing" for quest mobs/objectives.  This is after the free trial ran out, so it seems like the population is pretty healthy right now.  The crafting hall was packed, at least in the Alchemy alcove, and none of my toons have reached 20 yet.  12, 12 and 16 so far.  I wonder what it's looking like in the higher level zones, since I started Classic way late, only got like 2 days of the trial.

Archived