Forums

Sanctus on IS-E is an actual nyerking embarrassment to the game, past and present

Darwen

I'm no stranger to sweaty autism in video games, because I am a sweaty autist. Having a full legion of no-lifers who are often on the game, extremely active, and frequently group and support each other isn't new to me, and I've participated in my fair share of such activities. Roaming gank squads, world bosses and mob farm locations and abyss on lock and on farm for large swaths of time,  alt accounts on Asmos spying on rifts and demoralizing people in LFG, is par for the course in Aion and I actively welcome and encourage it.

However, with that being said, Israphel is the least populous of any of the current worldwide Classic servers by a wide margin, and currently has fewer people than any of the original servers ever had. It's imbalanced towards Elyos, though whether that's because of total faction imbalance or the majority of Asmos being either bots spamming LFG or PvE andys that are permanently stuck between levels 20 and 35 is up for debate. I'm not blaming Sanctus for any of this, but these facts are important context. With the less-than-desirable state of the server, what do many members of Sanctus do? They hack. Mutliple people have multiple reports of Sanctus players performing actions that are suspicious at best. Most common are attack/cast/movement speed hacks, which unfortunately are as simple to implement as fiddling with the .cfg file, because why would a game have any need to implement measures to stop or hinder hacking in Korea, where most gaming goes on at internet/gaming cafes, and your characters and identity is tied to your Social Security? Things like a player in flight with a slow, no movement buffs, and no flight scroll, outflying and catching up to someone with a flight scroll. Casters using two 2-second spells in under a second. Instant cast DP skills. Then there's the more doubtful observations that have never-the-less added up. Lag spikes the moment someone is CC'ed, that lasts just until the CC is gone and they have a lead on buffs/debuffs/dots. A completely invisible meteor that somehow just barely misses someone retreating to an artifact, but hits everyone in the group of enemies spread out in the air, on the island the artifact is on, following them. Diving an active Bollvig without drawing aggro from any of the mobs. I already have to deal with players from the KOREA legion having their lag making them run into hills and mountains and becoming untargetable while they're CC'ed, I don't need this shit too.

All of this, while still sweating it out in every aspect of the game, with how nyerked the server is, is probably the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced, and really just goes to showcase the state of the world we live in, and the state of multiplayer games. This shit didn't happen on original release, at least not on any of the cluster of servers that eventually merged into Israphel.

The 100% EXP week already drove people to switch to Siel. Here you are driving more people away. People don't even want to participate in rifting or even attempt to try anything in Upper or Core abyss. The few people that do are starting to just leave the area the moment they see the Sanctus tag, and either just stop playing or go craft/gather, because you sure as hell can't do any instance content with the population we have, except for maybe the handful of Fire Temples.

"It's a 13 year old game, being managed and published by NCWest, it's gonna have its quirks :^)"

"Servers are shit, it lags on daily reset, everyone experiences these things :^)"

"Just bad luck, bro :^)"

"mAyBe If YoU hAd SoMe AcTuAl LeAdErShIp YoU cOuLd Do SoMeThInG, aSmOs ArE bAlAnCeD wItH eLyOs :^)"

"u mad, bro? :^)"

Yes, congratulations, I'm mad. Because I spent real money, and a month of my time, to try to get back into a game I played in high school, just for a legion of script kiddies to shit on it while NCWest watches. Merges/transfers aren't happening, at least not anytime soon, and the in-game support function (/Petition) doesn't even work. The minimal amount of moderation they do is focused purely on people who buy and sell Kinah, because that impacts their bottom line, and disincentivizes people to use the Daeva Pass/Quna Shop/Black Cloud Marketplace. Maybe I actually will go back to FFXIV, with all the community's "toxic positivity", actively hostile and uncommunicative GM's, and impotent and uncooperative customer support, because at least that's better than this.

So firstly, not disputing anything you said about the state of the game. That's all true.

However, think back to those high school days. Even then NCSoft was acting in a careless and cashgrabbing manner, of course as time has gone on this has only increased to a now unbearable point.  We often associate things like games with pockets of time in our lives that we miss and can never get back, and as a result we assign them more value than they really had and hope to use them to return. There is no returning though, and the more time we waste here the more time we may regret losing even later in life when we look back once again.

TLDR: If it's making you mad that's understandable but remember that life is finite, don't waste it on a company/game that doesn't care about you.

12 minutes ago, Easycrow said:

So firstly, not disputing anything you said about the state of the game. That's all true.

However, think back to those high school days. Even then NCSoft was acting in a careless and cashgrabbing manner, of course as time has gone on this has only increased to a now unbearable point.  We often associate things like games with pockets of time in our lives that we miss and can never get back, and as a result we assign them more value than they really had and hope to use them to return. There is no returning though, and the more time we waste here the more time we may regret losing even later in life when we look back once again.

TLDR: If it's making you mad that's understandable but remember that life is finite, don't waste it on a company/game that doesn't care about you.

This. I'm actually having a very good time, playing with my husband (who I met in this game), trying to complete all quests, leveling our crafts, doing it at our own pace which is why we chose Israphel. Already played with all the big wallet pvp heroes in Tia/Danaria, all the big legions, the big names who came out positive in Aidpsmeter. Been there, done that, not interested. The game we love but the way the company is handling everything we know we won't be staying long, and it's ok, we came back for nostalgia and will remain for as long as we think it's worth our time and money, which won't be long it seems. We've been avoiding pvp since it's the same company that never did anything about noani, so there's no point in trying to "compete" with hackers and p2w, there are far much better games for competitive pvp with no p2w aspects and servers all around the world, Aion isn't one of them. Guess we all need to just lower our expectations and remember this is the same company that ruined retail to the ground, play for as long as we enjoy it and move on.

21 hours ago, Darwen said:

A completely invisible meteor that somehow just barely misses someone retreating to an artifact, but hits everyone in the group of enemies spread out in the air, on the island the artifact is on, following them. Diving an active Bollvig without drawing aggro from any of the mobs. I already have to deal with players from the KOREA legion having their lag making them run into hills and mountains and becoming untargetable while they're CC'ed, I don't need this shit too.

Dude I'm pretty sure you're ranting about mechanics you don't quite grasp. Nobody controls the meteors lol. That being said, nobody is allowed to hack or bot in my legion, send me proof and I'll deal with it.

2 hours ago, Dux said:

Dude I'm pretty sure you're ranting about mechanics you don't quite grasp. Nobody controls the meteors lol. That being said, nobody is allowed to hack or bot in my legion, send me proof and I'll deal with it.

Have at it, my dude.

23 minutes ago, Darwen said:

Have at it, my dude.

That's the Kysis meteor dude, go fly there next to the arti for a few minutes, it will kill you again. The visual effect of the meteors don't match their hit box, if you are in the path of a meteor, you might die before or after the visual effect passes. That's just the way it is.

Also. I dont believe messing w a cfg file gives u speed hacks. Thats pretty nuts. Maybe you should consider the gear most of sanctus has as well. Pair that with a poor connection you may have to the server and it explains ur issues.

When bolvig has been killed, he doesnt attack elyos even tho he is standing there. As for the adds around bolvig they have smaller aggro ranges.

Ive seen plenty of times in sanctus where someone is hit by a meteor and u cant see them. Its just how aion has always been. 

also yes this “sweating” did happen on release. Every top guild was fighting tooth and nail for world bosses and camping the upper abyss non stop until 1.5/1.7 came out. 

54 minutes ago, Rakionrql said:

Also. I dont believe messing w a cfg file gives u speed hacks. Thats pretty nuts. Maybe you should consider the gear most of sanctus has as well. Pair that with a poor connection you may have to the server and it explains ur issues.

When bolvig has been killed, he doesnt attack elyos even tho he is standing there. As for the adds around bolvig they have smaller aggro ranges.

Ive seen plenty of times in sanctus where someone is hit by a meteor and u cant see them. Its just how aion has always been. 

also yes this “sweating” did happen on release. Every top guild was fighting tooth and nail for world bosses and camping the upper abyss non stop until 1.5/1.7 came out. 

I say "active Bollvig" because he wasn't killed, he was up, I know the difference between a normal Bollvig and a legendary Bollvig. My connection is 20 ms. I just built this computer 8 months ago, too, so it can obviously handle a game over a decade old, before you start pulling more excuses out of your ass.

Don't patronize me, everyone knows how to overwrite the system.cfg, where you can do shit like this:

I could link more videos that go more in-depth and give more commands and how to actually edit the file, but on the off-chance NCWest actually has a single person that does jack shit, I don't feel like getting banned.

But don't worry, I'll be sure to start hitting the record button the moment I see the Sanctus tag from now on.

10 minutes ago, Darwen said:

I say "active Bollvig" because he wasn't killed, he was up, I know the difference between a normal Bollvig and a legendary Bollvig. My connection is 20 ms. I just built this computer 8 months ago, too, so it can obviously handle a game over a decade old, before you start pulling more excuses out of your ass.

Don't patronize me, everyone knows how to overwrite the system.cfg, where you can do shit like this:

I could link more videos that go more in-depth and give more commands and how to actually edit the file, but on the off-chance NCWest actually has a single person that does jack shit, I don't feel like getting banned.

But don't worry, I'll be sure to start hitting the record button the moment I see the Sanctus tag from now on.

So basically everyone told you you're wrong about the meteor "hack" and you're posting a totally unrelated video that has nothing to do with the situation to prove...what exactly? That hacks exist? Dude, you died to the environment in the game and you're ranting about everything under the sun while blaming it on my legion. Let it go.

7 minutes ago, Dux said:

So basically everyone told you you're wrong about the meteor "hack" and you're posting a totally unrelated video that has nothing to do with the situation to prove...what exactly? That hacks exist? Dude, you died to the environment in the game and you're ranting about everything under the sun while blaming it on my legion. Let it go.

You're fixating on a single example, I'm listing a plethora of examples that multiple people have experienced, this was just the one instance that was recorded, and I'm simply letting you know the cameras are on now.

34 minutes ago, Darwen said:

You're fixating on a single example, I'm listing a plethora of examples that multiple people have experienced, this was just the one instance that was recorded, and I'm simply letting you know the cameras are on now.

Ok. Keep the cameras on. In 10 years of this game i dont think i have ever seen anyone hack. Bot sure. But not hack. Lol. Please post whatever you find here for everyone. 

53 minutes ago, Darwen said:

Imagine needing to edit ur game code to know how to get to zap. Sad world people live in. How is that a speed hack? Changing visuals seems pretty easy but thats not at all related to what you said up there. You said atk cast and movement speed. 

pro tip for zap. Change ur movement speed to walk by hitting period and use click to move in settings to walk down bridge. No hack needed. 

39 minutes ago, Rakionrql said:

Ok. Keep the cameras on. In 10 years of this game i dont think i have ever seen anyone hack. Bot sure. But not hack.

Ooooooof. No animation hacking is probably the most common type of hacking in this game. I'm honestly baffled at how you have never experienced it? Or maybe you just don't know you have? (Not saying that in a snotty way; your ping might be high so it might not be that noticeable to you.) It's EXTREMELY common, especially on live servers.

kmhQMFo.png

On 25/07/2021 at 15:20, Dux said:

C'est le type météore Kysis, va voler là-bas à côté de l'arti pendant quelques minutes, il va encore te tuer. L'effet visuel des météores ne correspond pas à leur hit box, si vous êtes sur le chemin d'un météore, vous pourriez mourir avant ou après le passage de l'effet visuel. C'est comme ça.

hey when i cc u i lag 6 seconde nice hack

IS-E definitely DO hack. This sorc tried to gank me outside Beluslam fortress, could not kill me and I ran inside. The same sorc went inside out of nowhere and used 3 skills at the same time. And walked away w/o triggering guards.

Too bad combat log doesn't have timestamps...

On 7/26/2021 at 10:54 AM, Darwen said:

This video doesnt seem to be made in live server, looks more like his own private server where he had admin rights. But even if IT WAS live server, this video is 10 years old, meaning ncsoft bugs/glitches have probably been fixed by now. Theres a bunch of ways to hack in aion, but this does not seems like one that actually exists.

3 minutes ago, 5s2B8232-DN said:

This video doesnt seem to be made in live server, looks more like his own private server where he had admin rights. But even if IT WAS live server, this video is 10 years old, meaning ncsoft bugs/glitches have probably been fixed by now. Theres a bunch of ways to hack in aion, but this does not seems like one that actually exists.

There's videos on Youtube that show how to edit the system.cfg to enable the in-game console, which is inaccessible by default. The most NCSoft ever did is make it so it's only doable on 64 bit and not 32 bit, it's still there and still usable. Literally just type "Aion Console" in the search bar, it's in the top 3.

ncsoft client checks if files were modified tho lol well i didnt try it myself or will, but if u say theres so many videos teaching it it would be super popular and honestly, i havent seen anyone that seemed hacking to that extent.

Archived