Classic making the same mistakes as Retail

Foenix

NCSoft has acknowledged the disparity on Israphael.  Today Asmodian-IS players all god a survey with lodas amulets to support leveling... They did this same thing on the original Israphael back in the day.  It was the first attempted measure to balance a server that was also dominated by Elyos back then (no where near as bad as today).  This measure failed and it will fail again. 

NCSoft, you do not have the luxury of time that you had in retail to make bad business choices.  You are competing against a marketplace with modern games pulling from your tiny market share on a daily basis.  You are not attracting a large number of new players and this measure would only POTENTIALLY fix issues if you were attracting new players daily still.  They might see the quicker path to end game and choose this server/faction.  However its more likely they would see these measures and understand that this game's appeal is in the RvR pvp that isn't possible with massive faction imbalance.  And seeing this measure understand it's open acknowledgement of the server imbalance and choose another faction/server. 

Currently your churn rate is astronomical, it was going to be anyway since many players are quickly scratching that nostalgic itch and moving on.  If you were to combine both servers you would have peak active players of ~4000(less 400 for bots).  Imbalance is less noticeable with larger numbers and the experience would be better for everyone.  Instead you have a server with 1000 peak players, 200 bots. and a 2:1 player imbalance.  What are you hoping lodas amulets do?

I went through 4 merges on retail, it was a disaster, everyone lost their character names, friends lists were a mess, legions lost their names, if someone gets your legion name before you all the work you did on reputation, websites, youtube channels, discord etc.,  attached to that name  has to be rethought.

I agree, don't make the same mistakes retail did, no server merges.

2 hours ago, Alvie said:

I went through 4 merges on retail, it was a disaster, everyone lost their character names, friends lists were a mess, legions lost their names, if someone gets your legion name before you all the work you did on reputation, websites, youtube channels, discord etc.,  attached to that name  has to be rethought.

No server merge isn't the solution. Every week, the % of the population continue to drop, esp Asmos. Eventually, there will be barely any Asmos to PvP and it will affect the Elyos side where they are going to quit due to lack to PvP. You think It's great being elyos because you have all the forts and medals but you're not going to make good use of it. 

2 hours ago, Foenix said:

This measure failed and it will fail again. 

But...did it? o-O Didn't IS-A become one of the stronger PVP factions on NA after all was said 'n done with the incentives? I remember big ree-ing about losing to IS-Asmo in Panesterra in a 3v1 faction fight and complaints that the incentives had gone too far or for too long lmao.

In any case, if you want server balance then a merge isn't gonna cut it. Judging by Forth's siege logs and how many SUPER close-calls there have been in sieges (and accounting for factors like the SL-E not sieging during the XP event, which made SLA appear more dominating by default); the SL-E and SL-A are quite close in population, at least with regards to siege. Giving the SL-E's an entire extra faction's worth while giving the SL-A what (allegedly) amounts to the scraps of a vanished population will just be a massive case of over-correction. 

2 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

But...did it? o-O Didn't IS-A become one of the stronger PVP factions on NA after all was said 'n done with the incentives? I remember big ree-ing about losing to IS-Asmo in Panesterra in a 3v1 faction fight and complaints that the incentives had gone too far or for too long lmao.

In any case, if you want server balance then a merge isn't gonna cut it. Judging by Forth's siege logs and how many SUPER close-calls there have been in sieges (and accounting for factors like the SL-E not sieging during the XP event, which made SLA appear more dominating by default); the SL-E and SL-A are quite close in population, at least with regards to siege. Giving the SL-E's an entire extra faction's worth while giving the SL-A what (allegedly) amounts to the scraps of a vanished population will just be a massive case of over-correction. 

Your complete answere Just only Shows that you dient even Play a single Minute in IS^^ 

Its Not a Full PvP Problem With Lack of Fortress and whatever we have. Sure the PvP is a real pain in the ass cause we literally cant do nothing. In the end you can try to Farm Guards and buy medals.

But you know what the real Problem is? The Long Long Long search For a stupid group. The lfg is literally dead. It Takes hours to find or try to create a dumb group only to give It Up in the end. The Last Weekend was a Shame and a Joke what the search means. Im Near to Quit aswell cause I found another Option on a Server where i could enjoy Aion. Anyway Till now i dient Quit cause my people and Legion where Iam in are still active and here. That's the only Things which kinda holds me in. Sadly right?

So its cool you have an active Server. Both PvP ans pve. But please don't bullshitting around If you dont have awarness or anything. I See your Post From another one aswell. Crying that you dont warnt a merge cause you have PC issues. Damn please that's egoistic you know. 

Just merge the Servers or It dies in the end anyway.And this is for both Sides.Asmo slowling dying and that's Shit For elyos aswell. Sure they have all Here but what can you do If the enemy faction is Missing? Yes right, nothing. So in the end you wasting your whole spent time Just to See Well Its over. And you will also move on^^  People leaving day by day More ans More. Since the siels Aura SUB will also went Out soon after the First month im curious how much ppl will Be left Here cause I wouldnt subscribe a second time aswell^^

And Sure aswell We could have make a new char on Siel. I Wish i had done It but i have 1: No Time to lvl Up again (Like many Others) and 2. Alrdy spent Money Here aswell.

So please again do a merge or even a stupid Transfer so the crykids on Siel at least don't lose theyre names.This Game is lovely and fun but right now Its Just frustrating For IS-A ppl.

2 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Im sry U wasnt the one who cry With PC isuess. This Pictures all Look the Same. So i want to Apologize For my Talking Here 

13 hours ago, Alvie said:

It's not going to happen, get over it.

You are probably right. And, the person who makes that call should be fired because at the end of the day their job is to maximize profits.  Losing more and more players who pay $30+$15 for deva pass and siel aura.  Not to mention all the candy and pet purchases that are lost...  sure some players are re-rolling on siel and spending it up again.  Many others are just calling it sunk costs and moving on to other games like New World.  

With your mentality it's going to get really boring when you are playing with yourself.

19 hours ago, Alvie said:

Yeah, I definitely would prefer playing on a empty server just because of some internet name or some "reputation". I didn't know that was still thing on here on aion.

Just to speak further about the experience with population.  Because at the end of the day it's not just about RvR.  I jumped on Siel and looked for open LFG groups to find 13 active listings.  So I looked at the numbers...

Siel (https://myaion.eu/Server/20451) the least populated class is assassin, just like IS.  Unlike IS they have nearly 1232 (IS has 230).  The most populated class is Cleric nearing 2500.... IS has 500... 1/5th.  How many people here have spent 7 HOUR looking for a plate to tank an instance only to log off for the night because NONE WERE AVAILABLE?  This was my experience Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and now Today.  (I got to run last night because it was my "turn" in legion with the 1 templar we have)

5 minutes ago, Foenix said:

Just to speak further about the experience with population.  Because at the end of the day it's not just about RvR.  I jumped on Siel and looked for open LFG groups to find 13 active listings.  So I looked at the numbers...

Siel (https://myaion.eu/Server/20451) the least populated class is assassin, just like IS.  Unlike IS they have nearly 1232 (IS has 230).  The most populated class is Cleric nearing 2500.... IS has 500... 1/5th.  How many people here have spent 7 HOUR looking for a plate to tank an instance only to log off for the night because NONE WERE AVAILABLE?  This was my experience Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and now Today.  (I got to run last night because it was my "turn" in legion with the 1 templar we have)

Form a static and you won't have a problem like that.

2 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Form a static and you won't have a problem like that.

Don't comment on issues you aren't experiencing.  It's tactless and embarrassing that you fight so hard to maintain "dominance" by numbers.   It would be like someone on Dota or League insisting to play every match 5v2 then complaining when the other team suggests also bringing 5 members.

1 minute ago, Foenix said:

Don't comment on issues you aren't experiencing.  It's tactless.  and embarrassing that you fight so hard to maintain "dominance" by numbers.   It would be like someone on Dota or League insisting to play every match 5v2 then complaining when the other team suggests also bringing 5 members.

What? What you're complaining about happens on all servers.

6 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

What? What you're complaining about happens on all servers.

As a player who played from 2009 - 2012 and then again on Kahrun's release (i don't remember when that was) I can confidently say it does not happen this bad on all servers.  1 side usually takes a lead (in numbers), gets ahead, and has more tryhards.  This isn't even close to that.  when you have 4000 (the number if a merge happened) active players an advantage of 100-200 is much less noticeable.  Moreover even when people give up on the abyss because their spirit is broken they can still fill groups in pve.  However when you have 800 that same disparity gives far different results.

Moreover the Siel-IS claim Asmodian's have a numbers advantage there.  so the differences would push a merged server closer to balance.

4 minutes ago, Foenix said:

As a player who played from 2009 - 2012 and then again on Kahrun's release (i don't remember when that was) I can confidently say it does not happen this bad on all servers.  1 side usually takes a lead (in numbers), gets ahead, and has more tryhards.  This isn't even close to that.  when you have 4000 (the number if a merge happened) active players an advantage of 100-200 is much less noticeable.  Moreover even when people give up on the abyss because their spirit is broken they can still fill groups in pve.  However when you have 800 that same disparity gives far different results.

Moreover the Siel-IS claim Asmodian's have a numbers advantage there.  so the differences would push a merged server closer to balance.

As I said before, form a static and you won't have a problem getting groups. 

Second... server balance.

Siel isn't balanced. Nor is IS. IS- population diff. SL? lol... STACKED. You can say the population is the same all you want but thats not what balanced means.

Game is 10+ years old and this classic version is the same game with all the server balance issues that causes players to leave, merge, then more players leave. Since you came back when Kahrun was released, want to explain why it was favoring asmos? Then there's Beritra and Eres server favoring asmos there too. What made it "worse" for classic? A discord set up allowing everyone to see whos going where. IS asmos even had a lock on character creation. Unless thats a mistake on NC. So, at one point, there were more asmos than elyos on IS. Then what happen? Probably the most typical thing that nyerks up a faction..

If both classic server gets merged, it will be 1000000% asmos. The "unbalance" on each server won't balance out.

14 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

As I said before, form a static and you won't have a problem getting groups. 

Second... server balance.

Siel isn't balanced. Nor is IS. IS- population diff. SL? lol... STACKED. You can say the population is the same all you want but thats not what balanced means.

Game is 10+ years old and this classic version is the same game with all the server balance issues that causes players to leave, merge, then more players leave. Since you came back when Kahrun was released, want to explain why it was favoring asmos? Then there's Beritra and Eres server favoring asmos there too. What made it "worse" for classic? A discord set up allowing everyone to see whos going where. IS asmos even had a lock on character creation. Unless thats a mistake on NC. So, at one point, there were more asmos than elyos on IS. Then what happen? Probably the most typical thing that nyerks up a faction..

If both classic server gets merged, it will be 1000000% asmos. The "unbalance" on each server won't balance out.

You having fun protecting your ego?  The numbers don't lie and NC has openly admitted the imbalance at this point.  IS is Elyos favored so how would a merge favor asmodians?

Are you gonna be upset when you have to dregion in a legit 6v6?  

Forum Logic:

Siel is Asmodian Dominated
Israphael is Elyos Dominated
Merge would unfairly favor Asmodians and make everything Asmodian Dominated!!!

Pretend with me here that you can look at this rationally... if Siel has 5000 players with a >10% Asmodian Advantage (it's not more than that or NC would be giving the elyos the same benefits they are currently giving Asmodian's on IS)
S-Elyos - 2350
S-Asmodian - 2650
and
IS has a 1500 players with a ~25% Elyos Advantage (We know it's more on account of anyone can make an acct and check the numbers)
I-Elyos - 850
S-Asmodian - 650

People are acting like a merge would make;
Elyos - 12
Asmodian - 9843

You having fun protecting your ego?  The numbers don't lie and NC has openly admitted the imbalance at this point.  IS is Elyos favored so how would a merge favor asmodians?

Are you gonna be upset when you have to dregion in a legit 6v6?  

Numbers don't lie right? Look at ap gains on siel and tell me that balanced. You know what ap + medals =?

Dredge? The thing I did on my maxed out twink where I can almost 1 vs 6 some groups alone? Whats 6vs6 going to do?

Just now, Ele-DN said:

Numbers don't lie right? Look at ap gains on siel and tell me that balanced. You know what ap + medals =?

Dredge? The thing I did on my maxed out twink where I can almost 1 vs 6 some groups alone? Whats 6vs6 going to do?

Equality and Equity are different.  I would never fight for equal outcome only equal opportunity.  This is that whole "tryhard" aspect i mentioned before.  It's also the reason we did so well on Kahrun.  Top alliance... had 18 active players.  

Equality and Equity are different.  I would never fight for equal outcome only equal opportunity.  This is that whole "tryhard" aspect i mentioned before.  It's also the reason we did so well on Kahrun.  Top alliance... had 18 active players.  

You mean stacked? Kahrun, Beritra, Eres.. new server old game. Bunch of rerolls? 

"Equal opportunity" like how IS asmos gets no time to pve farm ap in the abyss and same with SL elyos but thats server is balanced?

Besides all this drama, what I'm taking away from this thread is that I'm among Many people who loved original Aion so much that even after quitting after 8-ish years I/we came to give it another try via Classic...if they let this version fail I will personally NEVER even Look at another NCsoft title ever, ever, again even if they end u being the last MMO company in the world. We've been there & done that right beside them, if they can't Learn from 12+ years of practice how to make $$ WHILE keeping the player base happy, then tbh they deserve to go out of business D:<

19 minutes ago, TsunTsao-DN said:

Besides all this drama, what I'm taking away from this thread is that I'm among Many people who loved original Aion so much that even after quitting after 8-ish years I/we came to give it another try via Classic...if they let this version fail I will personally NEVER even Look at another NCsoft title ever, ever, again even if they end u being the last MMO company in the world. We've been there & done that right beside them, if they can't Learn from 12+ years of practice how to make $$ WHILE keeping the player base happy, then tbh they deserve to go out of business D:<

Well said, same boat.

53 minutes ago, TsunTsao-DN said:

Out of business, don't hold your breath.

NCsoft are a billion dollar company. Aion sales Q1 this year were as much as B&S and Guildwars 2 combined.

You can find the 2021 Q1 report here:  https://ncsoft-brand-web.s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/ncsoft/invest/result/20210510/report','1Q21_PT_ENG FINAL.pdf

Archived