Weekly Server Maintenance - August 11, 2021

Arctic

1 minute ago, Merini said:

oh no.  you have to work to play a grindy Korean MMO game...

It's not that. It's the fact that almost everyone who joined early with the 100% XP buff has already been 50 working on gear for weeks.

47 minutes ago, Pinkiepie said:

What is the issue with screenshot key?

Seeing as it is being patched, I will allude to how it was being used.

A player could use it to become un-targetable. So pvp mechanics were being abused to avoid death and loss of AP. Some players are renown for this behaviour.

A player could use it to drop out of nowhere. Drop from between Abyss layers. Instant kills with no notification or chance to avoid. They would just drop on top of you.

A player could use it to rubber-band a attacker to where there were when they started abusing the feature. This could reposition an attacker 50m away.

It was also possible to use this to glitch fear shreik.

As a result of this patch, we should see certain players PvP death rates increase significantly, along with the associated AP losses. Unfortunately this mechanic has been abused to the detriment of the community. Honest PvP'ers were no longer interested in attempting to fight those who would just abuse this feature.

Nothing I have discussed here should be secret, and it was not new information. This bug was around last time.

7 hours ago, Seren-Dust said:

Chicos, entiendo el sentimiento, pero aún no ha alcanzado la marca de los 2 meses. No son "casi 3 meses" jajaja 

La gente se está cansando. Somos adultos con pocas horas de juego y se hace imposible jugar por tanto asmo zerg en siel. 

13 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hello Daevas,

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC). For Aion Classic, we are expecting a downtime of around 2 hours 30 minutes. Please expect the following after maintenance:

• Added Animal Pajamas to the Quna Shop
  • Fixed an issue with the Print Screen / Screenshot key having unintended effects

Real question, wheres the skin in the quna shop? >_> it was not added

9 minutes ago, Azalea said:

Not only that but last week the school uniform outfit wasnt added either,,, rip waiting for any xp event or skins

uptown was added, this is what they meant with school uniform... i think

15 minutes ago, Yaya said:

Real question, wheres the skin in the quna shop? >_> it was not added

nvm they just added while live lol

Can we have our victim event where siel elyos and israphel asmo get 200% exp and ap for a week. Honestly just anything to stop making people leave for siel, and close the gap between the 30e+15 elyos vs shugo equipment.

Also now that Kr as announce 1.9 and the release of 2.0 for november, can we get a date for 1.5. We freaking need dredgion, daevanion and DP.

1 hour ago, Merini said:

I feel like that’s the bonus to starting a game first. 

Yeah. I'm sure you all liked being given an advantage to level twice as fast (with less grind) so you can gank pinks (and low level / ungeared reds) to falsely believe you are good, while they have to struggle through that and leveling much slower without a good XP buff. 🙄

You people seem to enjoy things about this game in a different way than I do. I prefer having more fair fights. It's fun when everyone is the same level and similar gear. Maybe this game isn't for me afterall.

On 8/11/2021 at 9:27 PM, NimOG said:

If they aren't going to do 100% XP buffs every other week or something then they shouldn't have done it in the beginning either. It's really difficult for people who joined a little late to catch up.

You can rest assured that they will definitely be doing more XP boost events. It's like the #1 go-to event in all of Aion's (nearly) 12 year history in NA

Archived