AP Trading Fix

Slowclap

Dredge is not a fix for the current state of AP trading. As you might've forgotten, you're going to have to go against the AP traders in matches, and since they severely out-gear you, your chances of winning are slim. Meaning that AP traders will on average win a lot more matches than legit players, and so the disparity between the two will only rise higher.

Without stripping AP traders people won't be satisfied, or happy. Some may return when 1.5 is released, but once they're bitterly reminded of why they left in the first place, and that nothing has changed since their hiatus, the numbers will quickly dwindle again until the game finally dies entirely.

Since Aion Classic was never meant to last a long time, and since the numbers of active players has greatly diminished, there is only one way to solve this problem: Take away the need for AP. Reduce the AP required for AP items and for Officer status.

1 hour ago, Pappy said:

Since Aion Classic was never meant to last a long time, and since the numbers of active players has greatly diminished, there is only one way to solve this problem: Take away the need for AP. Reduce the AP required for AP items and for Officer status.

That entirely ruins the entire grind aspect of the game, which is one of the core foundations behind it.

2 hours ago, Pappy said:

All gear in the game is hard to get. Try getting 1000+ silver coins to get L36 armor set and weapon, when the daily quest rewards give you like 2 coins and I think there are 3 daily quests. It only gets worse for the gold coin and plat coin sets. Getting gear atm is absurd across the board. Cheating AP is probably one of the easiest way to get geared.

16 minutes ago, Alvie said:

All gear in the game is hard to get.

This is what I like in "Classic" Aion. You will really appreciate the best gear you can have atm. I remember the old days where you are happy wearing all blues and grind the dungeon every reset to obtain a rare gold drop. (No EZ coin items that time)

18 minutes ago, Alvie said:

Cheating AP is probably one of the easiest way to get geared.

And this fk up this game so hard. I don't whine on candies as Kinah can easily come and go but this AP Trading is way too hideous. Imagine you can obtain the most endgame gear with just like that? Where's the fun in that.

Note that the battery keeps going when there's a difference in potential (electrons) between materials. Using this analogy, this game will die if everyone obtain the very endgame gear. This is also observed with an experiments with rats, giving them the utopia of food and shelter and one they all die w/o any disease. This why games continuous to give new patches if the majority of players hit a certain threshold of endgame items obtained. AP Trading will make this game prematurely die. IDK what the devs, GMs, CMs are doing at the moment and they should take this seriously.

11 hours ago, Saitamasensei said:

This is what I like in "Classic" Aion. You will really appreciate the best gear you can have atm. I remember the old days where you are happy wearing all blues and grind the dungeon every reset to obtain a rare gold drop. (No EZ coin items that time)

And this fk up this game so hard. I don't whine on candies as Kinah can easily come and go but this AP Trading is way too hideous. Imagine you can obtain the most endgame gear with just like that? Where's the fun in that.

Note that the battery keeps going when there's a difference in potential (electrons) between materials. Using this analogy, this game will die if everyone obtain the very endgame gear. This is also observed with an experiments with rats, giving them the utopia of food and shelter and one they all die w/o any disease. This why games continuous to give new patches if the majority of players hit a certain threshold of endgame items obtained. AP Trading will make this game prematurely die. IDK what the devs, GMs, CMs are doing at the moment and they should take this seriously.

I think most players are happy to work for gear however the AP grind is overkill one piece of 30 elite armor item is 70k+ AP farm guards is 70 AP per kill which diminishes as rank up so at a minimum thats 1000+kills yeah sorry thats not fun,plus dealing with constant asmo ganks.

I dont condone the Traders but yeah 1 rank one kill 1700 ap compared too 25 abyss mobs for same amount Blame ncsoft and their inability to make mobs give acceptable amounts of AP that dont diminish with rank.

15 hours ago, Slowclap said:

Release 1.5 for Dred and fort instances to bridge the gap before it is to late, the game is in a very negative state right now because of AP trading. 1.5 would make people happy and give them the option to get AP.

Dredge is not the solution, despite how badly I want Dredge in the game lol.

The solution is they need to STRIP those AP traders of all their AP they have PLUS any item they purchased with the AP along with any Godstones they gained through the officer quests. 

They also need to implement GP system along with seasons ASAP. Get rid of the AP rankings as we all know that is a very faulty system that discourages new and returning players from playing.

AP grinding is not as horrible as some players make it out to seem right now, the problem is these AP traders that already have full PVP sets make it almost impossible to farm in the abyss.

i just quit the game, a month NC have had and done nothing even with endless proof of the hackers and ap traders to the point they brag about it in LFG, if you aint full AP geared now ur getting 1-2 shot, and to make it worse, these ap traders are only killing questers not other pvp geared players, which explains why they need that gear, pathetic server and even more pathetic players.

1 hour ago, Rag-DN said:

Dredge is not the solution, despite how badly I want Dredge in the game lol.

The solution is they need to STRIP those AP traders of all their AP they have PLUS any item they purchased with the AP along with any Godstones they gained through the officer quests. 

They also need to implement GP system along with seasons ASAP. Get rid of the AP rankings as we all know that is a very faulty system that discourages new and returning players from playing.

AP grinding is not as horrible as some players make it out to seem right now, the problem is these AP traders that already have full PVP sets make it almost impossible to farm in the abyss.

Your last sentence kinda contradicts itself you say its not hard to farm in the abyss but then turn around and say it is almost impossible due to geared players.

Also i beg to differ that its not hard, i went sulfur this morning to farm at least 6+ fellow elyos no where else to farm low level so yeah have fun fighting over mobs.The abyss is a massive area all Mobs in it should give 100ap a kill instead of all the focus around forts.

Anyways doesnt really matter games dead dead go to character creation area virtually nobody either server.Run around elthen virtually nobody except a few bots and occasional quester.

They just repeating the same stupid mistakes from 12 years ago and still refuse to listen to the players i have never in my life seen a company that shoots itself in the foot so badly financially.

I personally disagree with the GP system or that AP needs to be boosted in some way. One of the reasons this game is so fun (where other mmo's since have lacked in) is the heavy emphasis on the grind aspect. It keeps you invested for a long time, and anything that you get gear-wise feels like an actual accomplishment since you did have to put some work and time into it.

And that's the true reason why AP trading is so infuriating. It destroys one of the core features this game provides that makes it worth playing.

1 hour ago, Seiashun said:

I personally disagree with the GP system or that AP needs to be boosted in some way. One of the reasons this game is so fun (where other mmo's since have lacked in) is the heavy emphasis on the grind aspect. It keeps you invested for a long time, and anything that you get gear-wise feels like an actual accomplishment since you did have to put some work and time into it.

And that's the true reason why AP trading is so infuriating. It destroys one of the core features this game provides that makes it worth playing.

The dead playerbase even from original disagrees.They could at least make mobs spawn faster or more mobs that give 70 ap a kill cause its pathetic trying to farm at a fort when more than 2 people are at a fort that is not fun or enjoyable.

2 hours ago, marikazan-KT said:

The dead playerbase even from original disagrees.They could at least make mobs spawn faster or more mobs that give 70 ap a kill cause its pathetic trying to farm at a fort when more than 2 people are at a fort that is not fun or enjoyable.

Retail had enough numbers all the way up till 4.x (after which I quit so I can't say anything after). And I find it fun trying to compete for a limited resource, but I know I might be in the minority here. Again it boils down to wanting a sense of achievement in anything gained in the game. If the resource is too easy to obtain without any competition at all, it gets boring fast. Most Western audience dislikes games that do this in general, preferring ease of access and instant gratification instead, which is also reflected in mmorpg's not being very popular in the West to begin with.

But Aion wasn't made with a Western audience in mind which I think is why so many people complain about it being 'hard' or 'taking a long time'. As far as Classic is concerned, I think the game was tuned entirely fine until players themselves started cheating and broke the balance, on top of the company not doing anything about it.

6 hours ago, marikazan-KT said:

I think most players are happy to work for gear however the AP grind is overkill one piece of 30 elite armor item is 70k+ AP farm guards is 70 AP per kill which diminishes as rank up so at a minimum thats 1000+kills yeah sorry thats not fun,plus dealing with constant asmo ganks.

I dont condone the Traders but yeah 1 rank one kill 1700 ap compared too 25 abyss mobs for same amount Blame ncsoft and their inability to make mobs give acceptable amounts of AP that dont diminish with rank.

Note that I farmed my Attack AP gears (Acce and weapon) and stayed Lv45 for 1month to farmed lower abyss for like 3weeks (1-2kisk/day, 45-70k AP/day).

gBMf6xX.jpg

I do not have time to farm for 30e AP armors b/c i have a job on weekdays and substitute it with SR set.

If you rush to 50 like almost everybody did, you will have a hardtime gaining AP on core/upper guards farm.

lJCmlDh.jpg

13 hours ago, Seiashun said:

I don't mind grinding at all to a point, however as a player that's been around since Day 1 that's also been very active on the forums through all those years, I can tell you the #1 re-occuring issue players had with Aion was the fact that new/returning players never stood a chance with the Ranking system. Not matter how hard you grinded, if you weren't a day 1 player grinding AP you were never going to catch up to the high ranks. Heck even Kerridwen took almost a full year break and retained his rank of Governor for most of that time, never dropping out of the top 5 spots. Same with other players. This is because every other patch either nerfed AP gains or greatly increased AP gains. It never stayed steady so you really had to pick and choose which patches to grind hard on AP to stay competitive. The GP system was a little more forgiving since it had a Decay system and also introduced a Burn AP for GP system, but really wasn't perfected until they started doing seasons with it where everyones GP would reset to 0 every few months. That's why Retail started to see active PVP players come back to the game because they could stand a chance finally.

17 hours ago, Saitamasensei said:

Note that I farmed my Attack AP gears (Acce and weapon) and stayed Lv45 for 1month to farmed lower abyss for like 3weeks (1-2kisk/day, 45-70k AP/day).

Herein lies the core problem with game design.You shouldnt have to kill yourself to lose Experience to Farm a resource the logic of that sort of game design is flawed.And im happy to grind however sorry competing with tons of people everyday is not fun or enjoyable gameplay even without increasing AP gain id still have to grind close too 10k+ mobs for a gear set if not more so yeah really exciting gameplay that.Mob spawns also should be super fast and more mobs of same level and AP gain scattered about in the abyss.

And id hardly say the playerbase up to 4.0 was healthy for a mmo it was still terrible from its release number.A healthy mmo has loads of players in every area from starting to endzones even now the zones are absolutely dead and its same overgeared wannabes in the abyss/heiron griefing. Very few new or even returnig players so you probaly are a minority who enjoy this.

Anyways all these threads are pointless ncsoft didnt care on release they havent cared for 12 years and they arent about to now.They are really a stupid company sometimes i wish we could email their Ceo and tell them flatout how much money they are losing from each player alas they just dont listen anyways.

Archived