Faction Imbalance PvP Buff

Sab

My question is simple; is the Faction Imbalance PvP Buff implemented in this patch? Since this isn't a true classic experience with 2.7 skills etc. I thought it worth asking.

The current state of Israphel is that the Elyos can simply decide who has a fort and who doesn't. Every fort we've (Asmos) taken has practically been with the permission of our enemy faction.

With 1.5 supposedly around the corner I'm sure the Elyos plan to take every fort they can manage to get their greedy hands on. The absence of the PvP buff would likely make many more continue to quit. 

BONUS QUESTION: Will forts be accessible to all factions as long as it is player owned? Or will fort instances only be accessible to the controlling faction? I'm getting mixed reviews on what the outcome will likely be. Thanks!

23 hours ago, Sab said:

The current state of Israphel is that the Elyos can simply decide who has a fort and who doesn't. Every fort we've (Asmos) taken has practically been with the permission of our enemy faction.

With 1.5 supposedly around the corner I'm sure the Elyos plan to take every fort they can manage to get their greedy hands on. The absence of the PvP buff would likely make many more continue to quit. 

BONUS QUESTION: Will forts be accessible to all factions as long as it is player owned? Or will fort instances only be accessible to the controlling faction? I'm getting mixed reviews on what the outcome will likely be. Thanks!

Yeah, and we decided to split it pretty evenly to be fair (2 upper for asmos, 2 upper for elyos, and alternating bottom forts. You're actually complaining about that?

On the second statement, that's more related to drama on the Elyos side. There's two large groups, and while we prefer to keep things balanced how it is now, if the other group decides to try to take a fort, I'd rather we take instead and then just it get dredged.

On 9/6/2021 at 5:29 PM, Sab said:

My question is simple; is the Faction Imbalance PvP Buff implemented in this patch? Since this isn't a true classic experience with 2.7 skills etc. I thought it worth asking.

Welcome to the world of politics. I disagree with it. Siel is the same way. Deciding who gets what. Every fort should be rest to balaur prior to siege and both factions should fight for it. Not this oh I want it, ok. 

If I wanted politics in a damn game , I'd run into a wall over and over again screaming I'm cocooo

5 hours ago, Yue said:

Yeah, and we decided to split it pretty evenly to be fair (2 upper for asmos, 2 upper for elyos, and alternating bottom forts. You're actually complaining about that?

On the second statement, that's more related to drama on the Elyos side. There's two large groups, and while we prefer to keep things balanced how it is now, if the other group decides to try to take a fort, I'd rather we take instead and then just it get dredged.

The simple fact that we need your authorization is the issue. I don't give a nyerk if your slavemaster allows you proper food and water, you're a slave.

Best thing is to have the imbalance buff in place just in case you guys get a little over zealous. That way you guys have a little incentive continue to be liberal on the matter.

5 hours ago, Yue said:

Looking at the map, Elyos have 1 upper fort and Asmos have 2, it's been like that for at least a week.

14 hours ago, Buttershotz said:

If I wanted politics in a damn game , I'd run into a wall over and over again screaming I'm cocooo

But this is what old Aion patches were, it seems people wanted Classic just for nostalgia, not to actually play the awfulness of the old patches.

I still remember when they changed the siege mechanics in 6.0 where the highest dps legion would get the fortress no matter who was the leader of league or whether there was a league or not. Low dps legions were mad at the one big legion for constantly taking the fortress because they said "they should give others the right to own a fortress too" until they realized legion politics are over, you are either contributing and taking a fortress or you try harder.

Archived