Consider adding a hard model for Dark Poeta S rank?

Chirstina-KT

The current Tahabata Pyrelord seems severely weakened compared to the original version.

You know this is the classic server, and it seems like our last chance to play classic Aion in our life, and Tahabata is the most classic boss in our memories. In the later version, there is no more impressive boss like Tahabata; they were either too easy or had a lot of unfixable bugs to defeat.

Considering the potential drop in the community in future versions, we wish to re-experience the difficulties and challenges we faced 10 years ago. But the current version is kind of too easy.

You know the classic server is based on 2.7. There are a lot of extra skills than the original 1.5, and since the original 1.9 introduced weapon combination, Remove Shock and awakening scroll, which also made defeat Tahabata at that time became easier. And today, you weakened Tahabata even further...

My suggestion is to add a hard model for rank S, and you can say the hard model has a higher chance to drop Tahabata weapons (while the easy model only has a low/zero probability for tahabata weapon, but a higher chance to get Anuhart weapons/tunic ). This will benefit both players and the game. Many players couldn't defeat Tahabata 10 years ago, and now they can beat him in the easy model. But if we don't distinguish between easy and hard model, it became too easy for players to get a Tahabata weapon; after a certain per cent of players gets their weapons, the community will start to drop again because their goal is achieved, and there will no more motivation for them to continue playing.

I do not recall/can not find any videos of pre-1.9 Taha kills. Which means weapon combines was already in the game no? You could just not use the new skills you currently have to give yourself more of a challenge although that would be stupid.

DP-S rank is easy now compared to before most of all due to player knowledge. I can not even tell you how many people i tried to help in to 2.X to defeat Taha who would die to reflect time and time again. Beyond that many of the teams also used no communication so it was several times harder because people would do the right things  but at the wrong time, Like blind the mobs in the middle when the tank was going to pop iron skin and there was no need for blind or something.

Then you have class composition, Back in the day almost every SM you met was a bad player now if you compare SM's from then to now you having amazing SM's and same with Sins and so on. Hell back in the day it was a requirement to take a temp now almost every group does it w/o a temp because they are not needed due to communication/team work and so on that people did not have back in the day.

Ultimately i do agree with you yes it is easier but player knowledge trumps its easy nature.

10 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I do not recall/can not find any videos of pre-1.9 Taha kills. Which means weapon combines was already in the game no? You could just not use the new skills you currently have to give yourself more of a challenge although that would be stupid.

DP-S rank is easy now compared to before most of all due to player knowledge. I can not even tell you how many people i tried to help in to 2.X to defeat Taha who would die to reflect time and time again. Beyond that many of the teams also used no communication so it was several times harder because people would do the right things  but at the wrong time, Like blind the mobs in the middle when the tank was going to pop iron skin and there was no need for blind or something.

Then you have class composition, Back in the day almost every SM you met was a bad player now if you compare SM's from then to now you having amazing SM's and same with Sins and so on. Hell back in the day it was a requirement to take a temp now almost every group does it w/o a temp because they are not needed due to communication/team work and so on that people did not have back in the day.

Ultimately i do agree with you yes it is easier but player knowledge trumps its easy nature.

For  those who had a problem beating Tahabata in 2.x, the main problem were:

1. Someone failed to avoid some skills such as Eruption of Strength, while someone still kept attacking the boss, especially the tank, so everything messed up at the beginning.

2. Someone failed to avoid all the Explosion of Rage after Petrify Soul, so the boss had the shield free from dmg, and they didn't have enough DPS while the boss summoned more than 8 Dragoons.

But now the biggest difference is HP. Now you don't need to worry about the DPS after Petrify Soul, which is much lesser pressure. If you don't have a good DPS, you need the experience to play with 4/8/12 dragoons, but now neither; they don't worry about DPS at all. Another major difference is the damage from Tahabata, which significantly reduce the pressure of cleric and allow higher fault tolerance.

I remember the original 1.9 or 2.x(before 2.7) already weakened Tahabata, and 2.7 made its HP even lower.

So my suggestion is, even if they don't want to set the dmg back to original, at least make the HP become original. (about 1.9M I remember)

Do you guys realize their game version comes from Korea?

They need 1 month+ to reach out to the Korean development team and ask them to work on Sieges values...

And you ask them to "create" new stuff? I don't wanna break your hopes but this is being delusional.

4 hours ago, 19s19C5EB said:

What's the point of playing without a challenge?

Try playing the game outside of your premade/group of friends for DP/Dredge/PvP/etc. If you always run with the same people, nothing will be challenging. If you don't want a completely incompetent group, form one with 1~2 friends and pug the rest. 

On 11/10/2021 at 11:08 AM, 19s19C5EB said:

What's the point of playing without a challenge?

Challenge.. where p2w exist? Could limit the gear thats used if you want a challenge for a game that determined solely by stats. And for a game is like 99% pvp, why would you want to limit your opponent to lesser gear than you? challenge?

Tahabata back then 

Yours truly is healing.

I've done hard mode 12 years ago. I've done months of farming. I want easy stuff. I just want to have fun. 

I want better drop rates. I want to stuff to drop from Tahabata. I never got the chest piece. And I've done A/S hundreds of times. 

Like I said in my other thread, give us loot buff and exp buff and let us gear up, farm alts. 

Archived