Weekly Server Maintenance - December 1, 2021

Arctic

NCSoft working hard to reduce server population. They have been extremely successful in killing the game twice.  I dont understand why you would develop a game and then eliminate the player base. Why have crafting if your going to give the most crafted items away for free? since crafting is ruined whats the point to have gathering? Why have lvl 30 pvp gear if you cant get it at level 30? Why have rifting if your going to eliminate AP for rifting? Why have quest it you level past the rewards by the time you complete the quest? They should set the game out as they want it, instead of making a great game and then making it unplayable.  You should just come in create a level 50 Character with complete gold set enchanted and then just run instances. Thats pretty much what they have chopped the game down too. Free scrolls and Food like it is now or just up the speeds and eliminate the need for scrolls and food. 

1 hour ago, Sab said:

http://aiondatabase.net/en/npc/276870/

unknown.png

We found it for you, your job is half done. Now just remove a zero.

It is not as simple as just removing a 0 here at NCwest, First they have to put in a ticket to their overlords Ncsoft. Then if they are lucky NCsoft will respond with-in a month with word saying they will change it. Then a month after that we will finally get a change but due to google translate some how they will end up adding a 0 not removing a 0.

Harder than you think.

5 hours ago, Adla said:

Perception doesn't really rate things as equal for everyone as you're kind of making it sound like.

I'm willing to be more people feel the way we do than you do. And besides, the game can be "fun", but at the same time it's on hardcore drought mode and the fun is diminishing quickly. And just because they quit doesn't mean they don't -wanna- play the game, or don't wanna have reasons to come back and play, or don't care about it.

People definitely wanna go to siege... if it wasn't such a s-show. I'm willing to be most people have PC's today that can arguably handle sieges too.

I feel I need to reiterate, a lot of your narrative above, using your language, is orientated around -you-, and I think there's many more people who are not delusioned enough by "making due" to see the game is in a really bad state.

I'm happy to have what we have but I'm sensible enough to know it's crumbs of a cookie that could have been.

Indeed, my narrative generally revolves around me.  To consider your opinion or point of view viable and valuable, you must also concede the value and viability of opposing opinions and view points, which I do.

I certainly understand what everyone is upset about ... I guess what i struggle with is why you, and by 'you' I mean any arbitrary player sharing in your narrative, spend so much time in such a negative state of mind instead of seeking avenues of maximizing your leisure and gaming time by finding a more enjoyable endeavor rather than dwelling in this one, which you so visibly have a distaste for because it fails to meet the expectations of what you wanted it to be.  I get that.

I think 'dilusioned' (which I'm guessing was meant to be disillusioned) is kind of misplaced ... as I am having fun with an entire population of people still active in the game, while the same few 5 or 6 people are the ones posting hatred on the forums.  Who's disillusioned?  Why will not the entirety of the 'illusioned' speak up?

Probably because they left the game peacefully and decided to play something that they enjoyed more.  I hope you do as well ... I'm not a hateful person, nor do I like to dwell in negativity, though I'll answer it if I have either a shared opinion or a contradictory one.  My forum name is also my in game name.  Spewing venom is not conversation or dialogue, or even productive. 

Voices tend to be heard when they are reasonable and articulate, not when they are negative and derogatory.  Such posts are only to vent, they are not constructive, nor to developers lend them any credence. 

Anyway, the game isn't everything it could have been, but it's enough for me right now, and apparently others, seeing that i don't have any issues at all finding Dredge groups 3 times a day, running DP/Adma/DC on CD and finding groups nearly instantly to do daily PvP quests and rifting.  I'm sure many people have quit, but many people have not.

1 hour ago, Joxer said:

GameGuard broke legit players clients and all support can say is that they can't fix or override GameGuard. So now what are we supposed to do?

Reinstall the game I guess because it's working for most people.

19 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

It is not as simple as just removing a 0 here at NCwest, First they have to put in a ticket to their overlords Ncsoft. Then if they are lucky NCsoft will respond with-in a month with word saying they will change it. Then a month after that we will finally get a change but due to google translate some how they will end up adding a 0 not removing a 0.

Harder than you think.

Duhhhh. I’ve designed and managed servers for many games, some of which are still on Steam. 

I was being Facetious.

18 hours ago, Qyburn-DN said:

That's not even the right NPC btw, it was "Seasoned Commander" that for some reason has 237M HP and does 17M damage..

There are different spawns. I posted the one from Israphel that spawned. The were scaled up to Korea’s population and rolled the same patch over to NA. They adjusted the Dux’s health but never touched the commanders values.

Archived