Forums

Server Consolidation Details

Arctic

5 hours ago, Azachi-KT said:

i don't want to burst anyone's bubble but the population when both servers merge is pretty much going to be the same as players from israphel were pretty much forced to reroll on siel because ncsoft took its sweet time realizing that a server merge was needed when it should have been done by the third month mark of the game being released

i'm thinking you may see 50-100 extra people but that's if people even decide to come back, i think at this point the majority of people who have left aren't coming back especially with the releases of many games to come out in the next few months

Yes, the merger comes about 6 months to late.  I did a search today in each region and none hit 110 people at any location. This is what they wanted though. The got rid of crafting, questing, and restricted pvp. All 3 combined was a huge chuck of the player base. Aion Classic started out strong, because people thought it was going to be like the Original, When people found out it was not like the original it lost a lot of people and as they removed more and more game play more and more left.  At this point I believe it has to be intentional, they do not want it to be successful

2 hours ago, Pyromage-DN said:

At "prime" time, there was just over 200 level 50s on each side. Considering that's right after merge WITH a major DP event.. that's literally the most we'll see until maybe 2.0.. possibly 1.9.

Elyos had well over a full league for Kysis PvP.

1 hour ago, Pyromage-DN said:

Either way, I was only counting level 50s, the main league had players of all levels. So yes, over all maybe a bit more than that, but not much.

It was too many, I couldn't play it froze and DC twice as soon as I got near the fortress gates because of all the Asmos inside, even with shift+F12 on.

12 hours ago, Pyromage-DN said:

At "prime" time, there was just over 200 level 50s on each side. Considering that's right after merge WITH a major DP event.. that's literally the most we'll see until maybe 2.0.. possibly 1.9.

I agree with that... my prediction was at around 500 active players, considering the ones that do it all: Siege, DP, Dredgion, DC, Adma, OWPvP, etc. It might be less than 500, though.

8 hours ago, Cyfur said:

It was too many, I couldn't play it froze and DC twice as soon as I got near the fortress gates because of all the Asmos inside, even with shift+F12 on.

I didn't frooze, but it was veryyyy laggy on FPS. It was super fun nonetheless. I'm happy and sad that you couldn't take it honestly.

I think that the only reason you couldn't cap it was due to the HP values still being wrong for the asmodian NPCs. Good shit and I hope that they fix it soon so sieges are more balanced.

<3

Congratulations, NC, really now.
I couldn't think of anything in the world I would leave classic for, so far, but after losing my ingame name to one
no longer an active user, yes I thought I would be fine but that wasn't the case, now I'm so far / you've got me so far that I won't renew my subscription.

it's not really the same with a different name than the one i've had in retail for over 13 years.

Since I don't have time to play this week at the time of the siege, I can't report anything about the frame losses.

But I could perceive the poisoned atmosphere on the server very well in the open channel.
People what are you doing.
we are so few now do you want to poison the game and your fun in it on purpose?
Stop fighting in your own faction!

1 hour ago, 66sB2F50 said:

Congratulations, NC, really now.
I couldn't think of anything in the world I would leave classic for, so far, but after losing my ingame name to one
no longer an active user, yes I thought I would be fine but that wasn't the case, now I'm so far / you've got me so far that I won't renew my subscription.

it's not really the same with a different name than the one i've had in retail for over 13 years.

Since I don't have time to play this week at the time of the siege, I can't report anything about the frame losses.

But I could perceive the poisoned atmosphere on the server very well in the open channel.
People what are you doing.
we are so few now do you want to poison the game and your fun in it on purpose?
Stop fighting in your own faction!

If you're active and they're inactive I would submit a ticket, if you haven't yet. A few tickets, even. They worked with me on my name.

17 minutes ago, Adla said:

If you're active and they're inactive I would submit a ticket, if you haven't yet. A few tickets, even. They worked with me on my name.

I thought the rule was the toon with the highest level gets the name?

• Rin unpinned this topic

Archived