Weekly Server Maintenance - March 9, 2022

Rin

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Baranath Dredgion instance entry time has been changed from 6:00 PM Server time to 8:00 PM.

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Rin said:

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Baranath Dredgion instance entry time has been changed from 6:00 PM Server time to 8:00 PM.

This means anyone EST with a regular job will not be unable to run dreg since it'll be at 10 PM. The other 2 options are at 1 in the afternoon or at night. With all due respect, this is a terrible change. 

1 hour ago, Kayame-DN said:

This means anyone EST with a regular job will not be unable to run dreg since it'll be at 10 PM. The other 2 options are at 1 in the afternoon or at night. With all due respect, this is a terrible change. 

Being PST the current times mean I can do 1 a day, sometimes none, depending on my work schedule. I don't think there is a way to please everyone with what times it pops. 

10 hours ago, Rin said:

Baranath Dredgion instance entry time has been changed from 6:00 PM Server time to 8:00 PM.

This will cut all EU players (and of course will reflect on queue times for all)

I think the old one was a good compromise for a large geographic region.

Please reconsider this. 

1 hour ago, Merinda said:

This will cut all EU players (and of course will reflect on queue times for all)

I think the old one was a good compromise for a large geographic region.

Please reconsider this. 

Do you really think they want players to play ? they launched this game just cuz too many ppl was askin for it. they don't want players to play it for long, maybe cuz of the aion2 launch. think about the unlootable quest items.... so anti-poor.

yesterday i wasted 5 dollars for 3 days siel aura... 3 hours lost to let them accept my payment then today 2,5 hours of maintenance. nice fraud. i just thrashed my money in a fail company ^^

(EU player)

1 hour ago, Pataturko said:

Do you really think they want players to play ?

I understand your concern but please note that many people are here because loves aion (and i mean aion classic) so i simply want to try a costructive suggest without dramas. I would never leave a game i like becouse of an instance time change. 

Also want to understand Usa players opinion about old time as this is "Usa" house and of course we (Eu) are guest. 

My opinion (and hope) is that the old time schedule was a good compromise and of course "more player can join the dred and more fast are queues" meaning that this is a benefit for both Usa and Eu.

1 minute ago, Merinda said:

I understand your concern but please note that many people are here because loves aion (and i mean aion classic) so i simply want to try a costructive suggest without dramas. I would never leave a game i like becouse of an instance time change. 

i understand but they really want us off this game. they NEVER listen to suggestions by players. if they do listen to their requests maybe now the server had to be FULL of players and not that empty, just 1 year after the realease. check corea... it is the most player game of this kind (classic, not retail)

btw will this maintenance end in 10 hours or all 3 days siel aura will expire and they just stole my money ?

2 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

why dont they simply keep the dredge and arena open for ALL of this interval

I think because the risk is to have all population to queue at different moment of the day and consequently queue times will be less confortable. 

14 hours ago, Kayame-DN said:

Dont think the math adds up here they are delaying it 2 hours. Eastern 2nd dredge is 7 PM now it will be 9 PM not 10 PM ? 

1 hour ago, Kiras said:

Dont think the math adds up here they are delaying it 2 hours. Eastern 2nd dredge is 7 PM now it will be 9 PM not 10 PM ? 

Daylight savings time is Sunday clocks move up 1 hour.  So server time stays the same but dredge east coast will now be 10 p.m as of Sunday 

• Aion Team
3 hours ago, Pataturko said:

is there a method to check if maintenance ended without opening the whole game everytime letting it kick me at desktop?

3 hours ago, Sayakah said:

I think a Serverstatus Page would be helpful for the Classic Servers, something like this https://www.g-status.com/en-gb/game/aion.

greetings

Hello to you both and thanks for your patience!

You can always check when servers are live again from our Aion Twitter OPS! They post when servers go up, go down, and also if there's any complications and delays. 

https://twitter.com/AionOps

(Side note: oooo~ today I learned, it actually this looks like it embeds into the forums itself. I'll see if I can implement this here more often so you all can see what's going on with the updates on twitter without having to load up our Aion Twitter Ops!)

For everyone else, Thank you so very much for continually to politely express your woes, concerns, and feedback with me. As always—although I cannot stress enough that I cannot promise anything—I will continue to report it to the team. Thank you very much for your understanding. 

5 hours ago, Yoyo said:

Daylight savings time is Sunday clocks move up 1 hour.  So server time stays the same but dredge east coast will now be 10 p.m as of Sunday 

damn it is this weekend true.....

Terrible change. I'm an EU player & worker who counted on the last dred of the day on 1am CET for me (the other options for me are 7am or 7pm not compatible with my job time).

Now it's 7am - 7pm - 3 am ... this means i can only have dred in weekend 1 per day.

At least allow to have the 3 times dred in same time slot as it was in the old past on live servers.

Neither Dredge schedule is perfect, the main issue was the conflict with siege times which has now been solved.

To have a fully global Dredge you need something like 4 x Dredge sessions per day which spaced 6hr intervals. That way every time zone should get a chance at 2 or 3 daily sessions during reasonable hours.

• Rin unpinned this topic

Archived