Duet effects

Neleth-KT

Hi I've playing Aion long enough to know some classes like SM,chanter,templar are not perferable to have more than 1 in group
So here's my idea for people more accepting 2 players in same class in group,note the effects should work only in pve instances not working in pvp instances or world map :)

2 SM effect = double DoTs damage,cast speed faster 10%,pet got 2xhp

2 Sorc effect = attack speed of clothes users boost 10%

2 SW effect = Generate MP like IM mantra 640 mp every 6 sec

2 Cleric effect = Double all summon damage

2 Chanter effect = Double mantra effect eg IM 300 MB physical damage 30%

2 AT effect = attack speed of chain users boost 10%

2 Templar effect = 2xhp of all plate users

2 Glad effect = + 20% physical attack,Crit 100,Accuracy 200 on all plate users.

2 Ranger effect = +50% ranged physical attack

2 Sin effect = +15% physical attack on dagger users

2 Gunner effect = +15% pve attack on pistols and cannon

Well just some ideas how to let people from same class playing together :)

This only promotes doubles, as oppose to having a spread of classes. For example why have the option of a glad and AT when double AT is better. The only ones that are problematic are Spiritmaster and chanter. This can be mitigated if there is a debuff charge/ stacks system which will help SM's and as for chanter mantras not much can be done except allowing 5 mantras.

Your suggestions will only cause more unbalances, I mean double HP for all plate if there's two Templars... Seriously?

The only class that needs any incentive to work with other members of their own class are Sins.

Sins can pop each other's runes. This can mess up rotations, cool-downs, and lower overall DPS. In extreme cases, it can get one of them killed because they're not getting healed and they can't pop Blood Rune. One of them has to take a back seat and carve runes but not "pop" them.

I avoid grouping with other Sins especially if they're new to the class. In the past, they've been either ignorant of the Rune pop problem or deliberately been nyerks.

--------

Chanters already have a special benefit for 2 of them in the same group - they can run up to 4 mantras.

If they run the same 3, they're not paying attention. If they run more than 4 they're morons and you shouldn't group with them. 5 -6 mantras compete causing your stats to shift rapidly and generally nerk everyone up.

Also if they pop WoW at the same time they're IDIOTS and just blew the opportunity to have WoW for 10 minutes instead of 5.

---------

2 of any other class in the game simply need to PAY ATTENTION! Spelling off your skills can annoy your enemies, keep them CC'ed continuously and be downright lethal.

1 hour ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

The only class that needs any incentive to work with other members of their own class are Sins.

Sins can pop each other's runes. This can mess up rotations, cool-downs, and lower overall DPS. In extreme cases, it can get one of them killed because they're not getting healed and they can't pop Blood Rune. One of them has to take a back seat and carve runes but not "pop" them.

I avoid grouping with other Sins especially if they're new to the class. In the past, they've been either ignorant of the Rune pop problem or deliberately been nyerks.

No sin worth his salt will be using rune bursts in PvE outside of self healing.

2 hours ago, Sneakygravy-KT said:

Meh, I still use them sometimes when I pop a flurry, they're quick and easy to weave.

Everything is quick and easy to use when we pop flurry, but considering we cannot weave any faster than our AS cooldown, you should always be filling that with your hardest hitting ability, which will always be a physical damage skill. But this isn't the place to debate this.

As far as rewarding players for stacking classes, the problem with that is people will simply stack what turns out to be the most OP, regardless.

Its all about teamwork.
I've been to groups with 2 sm's. 1 was in IB and the other in pet spec, both rotating fears.
I've been to groups with 2 chanters, both rotating cd's like wow and woq.
I've been to groups with 2 dps clerics, one with chain of suffering, the other with enfeebling burst and rotating wod (and acquital/bp when needed)
I've been to groups with 2 sw's, both rotating paen of pain and sod.

Sins have the problem with runes, and sm with striping each other's dots. I won't lie, I already took advantage of this lol but I don't really care about it (does ppl still run dps meter on pve these days btw?)

Archived