Apheta Beluslan is a convoluted mess

Alance

I've been pretty happy with classic up until AB, but this new zone sucks in so many ways it's not funny and it's burning me out on the game.

Beluslan is the worst map in the game, why they chose it for a reboot idk. Morheim would have been much more fun, we used to do world pvp all the time there back in the day. Beluslan is ugly, boring and needlessly difficult to get around. The airships and free resurrections there help a little, but now there is also windstreams, geysers, teleport statues and like 8 different camps all over the map to get  the dailies done, it's maze of bland purple rocks and ice and you have to get through every corner of the map for dailies. Also they added the lovely Tiamat Sniper mobs that will chase you down and take you out if you aggro, just for fun.

All that noise with the map gets in the way of making world pvp enjoyable, which is the whole point of the zone,. There's no new instance or anything, this is it. If you want the new gear you gotta run this dumb map every day for an hour at least.

There's also the overcomplicated marks currency thing which is not well explained. You get marks, then have to wait for a Shugo merchant to appear "somewhere" in the zone, find the guy, trade in marks to get some other items that expire in 5 mins.... LOL, then run to another camp to turn them in to get some other items, which you can then go back to the airship and trade in for the actual rewards.... it's an obvious timesink and the zone is bland and a pain in the butt to get around.

We worked so hard to get people into the game and caught up, and now I count the minutes I'm in AB because it's just not enjoyable

If they put Ingg and Gelk camps/forts back to daily quests I wouldn't bother with the AB map at all except for cashing in AP items. The shugo in Core was way more convenient. Basically they designed an inconvenient map, then nerfed content in the better maps to force you to have to go to the inconvenient map.

• 3 weeks later...

One think I noticed is almost all the time most of the camps are held by asmos.

You would think if there was balance, that there be 4 Asmo and 4 Elyos camps on average, but that is clearly not the case.

I check several times a day, maybe it's just a fluke when I check, but I have been doing it for a couple of weeks.

AB is not good for our server, it seems it was thought for multi server, in that case it would be way more populated, but in na is an empty map used for some mins by groups and then bye bye, also it blocks you from the recruits in the normal areas, as dungeons are in a different zone, but for an old geared player, only AB matters, so it feels like there is no content, empy maps, no more pvp at inggi, gelk, AB is really quick but it takes long if you want to do the 7 kills, not necesarily becouse its hard to kill players, but becouse its really hard to find players xD, imagine u can only find 1 group for a long time, and that group is really strong, that blocks a lot of players of doing the quest and it also blocks the token quest, lately i dont bother with the pvp, i get 2 - 3 kills a day if lucky when i go there solo.

but well, sadly i think this is not gonna change anything xD, the server will just copy kr, keep the same way, we got that useless server nezekan anyway O.O.

I hope next patch comes soon and changes the game for good for our zone, rigth now, its really boring. 

I thing I noticed is you can't go to AB map when you are in a Dredge or Tiak queue which seems like a bad thing to me.

Doing dailies would be a perfect thing to do to kill time waiting in a queue.

One of the worst parts is, there are materials I need to gather in AB, and it's a given that I will be killed by and enemy group whilst trying to do so.

It's not like you form a PvP group just to gather materials.