Aion needs to be on steam

Saiga-KT

Why so rude?

@Saiga-KTThey had some problems with Steam, including rampant credit card fraud with the special packs you could buy on Steam for Aion, and some other problems too, so they removed it. I don't know if they'll ever add it back without Steam getting their act together.

I'm just crossing my fingers on a new website for 6.0 more than anything. This website is an awful excuse for a site. Some advertisement would be good, too, but I'm not holding my breath on that after the MXM debacle.

2 hours ago, Saiga-KT said:

There used to be NCsoft games on steam, but I don't see a reason why they aren't anymore. Aion particularly, 6.0 is coming and it would bring more people to the game. Let me know your thoughts on this.

I think hiring 10-15 streamers on twitch would be far better then adding the game to steam. 10-15 Small time streamers with 300-500 daily viewers can increase a games player base up to 30,000 weekly. For Aion that would be a large increase in the player base.

14 hours ago, MsHakumi-DN said:

It already was before, and take out months later but by then it was too late. How is 9 months for 6.0 soon. Do you research first before making this thread.

If we follow the last few update's trends, we should see 6.0 around July, so yea, pretty soon.

I think being on Steam would be a great idea, just don't incorporate any BCM shenanigans onto it. Just put the game itself and make people use the regular website for any purchases. That paired with the Twitch streamers idea could generate quite a bit of activity.

Still salty AF about them basically removing all pre-80 content though :|

In order to put your game on Steam, there needs to be a way for Steam to make money. They don't put your game up unless there is gain for them. They are a company (just like NCWest) and exist to make money. So you can't just put Aion on Steam without some hook with the BCM. With the fraud that plagued the last time it was tried, not sure either Steam or NCWest has putting the game back up there as a top priority.

27 minutes ago, Raefu-DN said:

If we follow the last few update's trends, we should see 6.0 around July, so yea, pretty soon.

I could be wrong, but I think 6.0 will take longer. The reason is because there are a LOT more changes, and they all have to be translated. It's basically like a new game (maybe a small exaggeration there). I'm guessing we'll get 6.0 in the fall. Maybe like September or October.

Archived