Why can I never stay 1-star before panesterra raid

Sheitori-DN

Okie, I've been trying for about 5 weeks now to get 1-star and STAY 1-star so I can do Panesterra. I finally stayed 1-star this week blah blah did my stuff, attended seiges. But when I logged on this morning, right before panesterra which is in about an hour at the time of posting this, I am no longer 1-star. I was 440 gp off. So I go and do crucible easy peasy. I get what I need, however. I am not 1-star. Previously, and I know this from my boundless frustration with my rank fluctuation, I have watched myself gain GP then bump up to 1=star immediately. Today apparently, wasn't one of those many cases because now, yet again I am going to miss panesterra. Which I have been desperately wanting to attend. I just..., please help.  c629d6b3d7986f1685276502d669c015.png10e221c6edcb231fea137678dbebd93d.png

The bar for 1 start moves constantly.

Rankings reset daily. So if you made enough GP today to be a 1 star, you wouldn't actually have the rank until the next day.

That message that you see means that you have to get that min amount of GP to keep yourself on the rankings. I have to do that much each week to keep on the rankings boards. But I am not guaranteed general. If the people below me make enough GP to pass me, I could lose my general spot and become a 5 star even though I made the 1450 to keep myself on the ranking boards.

The reason it is blank is because you have made and have enough GP to have the 1 Star rank. However, ranks only update once per day at 12pm. So, basically, what the Abyss Rank window is telling is that "You have obtained enough GP to get promoted based on the last time I checked, I will make sure to promote you when I check ranking again". However, based on the low amount of GP, I guess what happens is that, by the time of the daily reset, you may not have enough GP to get promoted because someone else got more GP than you during the 24 hours.

So, you are basically just on the edge of keeping the rank. Just keep earning more GP and you will have that rank confirmed.

Keep doing everything you're doing to earn GP, build up your GP pool so when Panesterra day rolls around re-entries don't bump you down.

Here is what's happening to you:
People with rank who are lazy (like me) allow themselves to get booted off the ranking, so their places get filled by the people below them. However, the day before Panesterra, they make enough GP to put themselves back on the ranking list, so the next day they are Officers again and they can attend.

Example: I got demoted to Rank 1 Soldier earlier this week. I waited until last night to run Idgel Dome for the 36 GP I needed to "maintain" my rank. The next day, I became a 5-Star Officer.

Keep up your determination.

As they said, the games calculates the ranks once each day. But maybe you saw that is different with the soldier ranks. Once you reach enought AP for them, you get the rank. In the X-star officer is not in the same moment. 

Also you saw that for solider´s ranks you can see a list with the AP required and if you get the points, you receive the new rank. But For officer ranks, the list shows something different. The reasson for that is that only 1000 players can be officers at the same moment. (you do not have limitations for soldiers). So to be one of the ranked players, you need to end the day inside the list of the 1000 people with most GP and you will be officer the next day. If you end between positions 1000 and 701 you will be 1 Star. If you are between 700 and 501 you will be 2 Stars. And so. If the server has more activity and the players are doing more things, will be harder to be on that list. 

The message you see on that window, about that you need 1450 GP on 4 weeks to maintain your rank is another thing. That is to avoid inactive players to hold ranks for a long time. IN previous versions the ranks were given to the players who had more points no matter if they leaft the game 1 year ago. I remember having an inactive player as governor for a really long time. Ranks are needed in the sieges and other PvP things. (weel, in the past were needed, now is more simple :P ) So with this new thing, if you do not make at least 1450 GP each month, the system decides that you probably are inactive or not interested on ranks and do not take you into consideration to create the top 1000 players list everyday. 

Next time you make 1 star go to Abyss Rankings/Elyos Individuals and scroll to the bottom of the list, you will see your actual ranking there. If your rank is 999/1000 then you are hanging onto that 1 star by your fingernails and will most likely lose it because it means there is only a single person with 1 star rank below you, if however you are say 950/1000 then your position is more secure as that means there are 50 people with less GP than you.

NOTE:

Although everyone can see the rankings for 4 star and above only you can see your own ranking for 3 star or below, your ranking will be adjusted every day at 12.00 server time and monitoring it will tell you if you are moving up or down the rankings, it is a more accurate way to ensure you maintain enough GP to keep 1 star status than by just looking at the total GP you have

If you manace to stay 1 star for next saturday, keep in mind that this does not guarantee you can enter panesterra, only 100 can enter and the only one that has a guaranteed place is the governor, 50 for 5-Star Officer and higher and 49 for 1-Star Officer and higher.

I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just mentioning this so you do not despair in case you can not get in, keep working so that you go higher in the ranks, because the higher your Rank is, the more likely you can go in. xD

On 21/2/2018 at 1:24 PM, Infliction-DN said:

I remember when we had to kill for ranks... just kidding just kidding.

Gp grind over what you need... that list is going to move quickly my friend 

we did that only for a while (killing players to get ranks). some time later we learned that PvE is the best way to get PvP rank :P 

please do not forget about UAS, Satra´s Treasure, Esoterrace, AFK Dreds, Active members in legions giving all the keys from Tia´s Eye to their BGs, and many moore ¬¬

1 hour ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

we did that only for a while (killing players to get ranks). some time later we learned that PvE is the best way to get PvP rank :P 

please do not forget about UAS, Satra´s Treasure, Esoterrace, AFK Dreds, Active members in legions giving all the keys from Tia´s Eye to their BGs, and many moore ¬¬

lol back in pre 3.0 days but trust I have played since launch I know the shitty way to get ranked xD  that's why I enjoy the GP system.... stay active or be passed... in most cases xD 

Archived