Can someone explain the Coalition system? (returning user)

5sA261A-DN

Hey, returning player here after 6ish years. It's been a fun so far but one thing I can't quite figure out is how the coalition system works for upper abyss sieges. Every time I join a coalition it just says "You will not receive rewards if the coalition is not organized. The coalition will organize after 1 minute", but stays in this state the whole time and I end up with no rewards or anything. I feel like this should just be a straightforward system that auto groups you with people when the siege starts, no? Am I missing something here or is this some type of bug that I'm experiencing. I have tried asking customer support for some direction but they just gave me some copy-paste response that didn't relate to my question at all. 

Hopefully, you guys can give me some clarity. Thanks!

If you apply to Coalition, you will be indeed auto-grouped, and you do have to be part of the coalition to receive the fortress' rewards. This doesnt mean applying to coalition will be enough, that just puts you in the generic pool to be grouped in an alliance. You have to be part of that alliance to get rewards at the end of the siege. However, the problem you are having is one of the following:

• The Coalition is not forming because the Coalition window just started. It gives the faction some minutes to apply before actually grouping everyone together.
  • You are attending an unpopular siege. This refers to Upper Reshanta and Lower Reshanta. Certain factions dont go to those sieges, and you need a certain amount of people to even be grouped together.
  • There is also the fact that we have siege buffs that heavily benefit the losing side depending on how many times the other faction has taken a fortress, so a faction only attempts to take the fortress once they have lost the siege enough times, and then they capture the fortress while the other faction is put on hold and does the same thing the other faction did.
  • Also, some Upper Reshanta sieges happen at the same time, so the faction has sometimes to choose what fortress to go to, and you are applying to the fortress that isnt the one the faction is aiming for.

Hey @Bryos-DN thanks for that. The main problem I am facing is that I am never actually put into a group, regardless of when I join, and which coalition I join.

I have joined coalitions with anywhere from 100-300 people but never seem to get placed into a group/alliance. I was starting to think maybe someone is selecting people and I just wasn't making the cut, but it sounds like this should all be automatic.  I have tried joining right when the join window opens and have participated in the siege for 30-50 mins and never get grouped; I have tried joining slightly later (5 mins or so) into a siege and still don't get grouped, so I'm at a loss of things to try at this point. I have been apart of 6ish large sieges in the last few days and have yet to be grouped accordingly or receive any sort of reward for my contribution. I'm assuming it's a bug but its pretty frustrating to want to be apart of these sieges, but end up with no quest progression or rewards.  

@Cheesecake-DN Yeah I have been trying to see if anyone else has had this problem but I haven't found anything (which is why I decided to ask here). At first, I thought it was just a one-time thing, but I have yet to have the coalition system work for me. 

I'll try shooting CS another ticket and I'll try to be a little more explicit this time. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

It may be because of your name still being a merge name. Try changing your name to anything else using the ticket in your inventory.

I actually had that same thought last night as well. I'm going to change it before the next siege and see if that helps. Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

Once you apply to join to the Coalition, do you stay on Reshanta?? if you leave the map, the system will automatically kick you out of the coalition, even if the groups arent form.

Yes, I stay for the length of the siege.

Just wanted to update this thread just in case anyone else ever has this issue. I finally got around to testing out what @Aly-DN had suggested (changing my character name from the merged name the game generated for me), and it seemed to have solved the issue! Thanks everyone for the help.

Archived