How to get 2 characters in same group in Coalition?

MetaBlack-KT

Subj. I used to go to siege in Abyss several times during all this period since Coalition started, and it's always extremely difficult, compared to how it had been with Alliances before when I could whisper to Alliance leaders to move my 2 toons to same group and they would do it. Can anything like that be done in Coalition? It's so annoying when 2 grouped characters get to different alliances, they can't use group heals and buffs on each other!

What I used to do so me and my friends would be in same allies from coalitions was to wait for it to start and then a few minutes later apply at the same time. I'd say at :05 minutes from this hour exactly I'll apply and then we'd usually get the same groups. However if you try to apply as soon as the coalition starts to be formed up chances are you won't join together cause too many people apply at the same time. Not sure if that's exactly what you're asking, but if both are your chars just try to apply as I said, otherwise it's just luck xD

9 minutes ago, Liiny-DN said:

What I used to do so me and my friends would be in same allies from coalitions was to wait for it to start and then a few minutes later apply at the same time. I'd say at :05 minutes from this hour exactly I'll apply and then we'd usually get the same groups. However if you try to apply as soon as the coalition starts to be formed up chances are you won't join together cause too many people apply at the same time. Not sure if that's exactly what you're asking, but if both are your chars just try to apply as I said, otherwise it's just luck xD

Yes, I basically applied on 2 toons simultaneously, and in most cases, unfortunately, they got to different groups. I used to apply not only in the beginning but in the middle too. Thanks for your advice anyway. :) So, there's technically no way to organize them to same group? Very sad. :( People playing in couples or with friends don't have a chance to be together, unless by luck? :( If they get to same alliance and different groups, then can the alliance leader move them between groups? 

They would better return to the old siege system when players formed alliances and other players could see them in certain windows and apply to them. That was much easier for people playing together!

6 minutes ago, MetaBlack-KT said:

Yes, I basically applied on 2 toons simultaneously, and in most cases, unfortunately, they got to different groups. I used to apply not only in the beginning but in the middle too. Thanks for your advice anyway. :) So, there's technically no way to organize them to same group? Very sad. :( People playing in couples or with friends don't have a chance to be together, unless by luck? :( If they get to same alliance and different groups, then can the alliance leader move them between groups? 

They would better return to the old siege system when players formed alliances and other players could see them in certain windows and apply to them. That was much easier for people playing together!

If you're in same ally the leader can still move you around (if they're not afk and actually listen to you), but if you're in completely different alliances they can't move you from one to another. Unfortunately that's how it's been ever since coalitions were introduced, they made it faster to form groups and such, but on the other side you don't get to pick who you want to join or play with. >< Keep trying to apply at later times and you might get to join up at the same time (your ally might not be the most active tho as later people might be afk or just lazy lol)!

Thanks Liiny. Why are people AFK on siege? Do they win anything by just being in the coalition? Yesterday my 2 toons were on Divine siege, half time out of Coalition, grouped, fought Ulsaruk, several mobs around, then applied to Coalition and got to same group, died, returned, and were in the middle of Eye of Reshanta well when the fortress was captured by ours. They didn't receive any mail but it looked like got 7000 Ap, is it correct?

Can't say exactly cause I haven't done siege in a while, but back when I did the top UA fortresses I believe you get/got like 2-3 spinel medals in your mail after the siege was over successfully, so maybe that's why? Some people are either lazy, or busy, so they take the easy way out which is just afking for rewards. As for ap and other items I don't know what you get exactly cause it has been a while for me x D

edit: I think divine siege gives AP materials for purifying gear as well, but probably only if you cap the fortress, so maybe you didn't get cause you only joined after half time was passed? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks. I also wonder why a seal appeared again on Eye of Reshanta yesterday after our (Asmo) victory so 1 of my toons who was in front managed to leave EOR through it, but the 2nd one couldn't escape? Then, they couldn't get into EOR through it. Several hours before the siege my toons could freely enter and escape EOR, and I recorded videos of them there flying on bikes and wings. I see the seal today again. Is it working as intended??

19 hours ago, Liiny-DN said:

edit: I think divine siege gives AP materials for purifying gear as well, but probably only if you cap the fortress, so maybe you didn't get cause you only joined after half time was passed? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You still receive upgrade materials for 80AP gear even if you lose Divine Siege; you just receive less than if you had won. You will also still get GP with a loss.

However, you have to be within the fortress when it ends. So if you die and accidentally resurrect back at your faction's landing, you need to hurry back to the fortress before it ends.

On 10/6/2018 at 6:44 PM, MetaBlack-KT said:

Thanks. I also wonder why a seal appeared again on Eye of Reshanta yesterday after our (Asmo) victory so 1 of my toons who was in front managed to leave EOR through it, but the 2nd one couldn't escape? Then, they couldn't get into EOR through it. Several hours before the siege my toons could freely enter and escape EOR, and I recorded videos of them there flying on bikes and wings. I see the seal today again. Is it working as intended??

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, it is intended. After siege, the eye seals off automatically. This is done to prevent the losing faction from entering and stealing mobs from the faction that did win the siege (the mobs that spawn after siege only and reward GP when killed).

Archived