6.X/ Templar/ PVP/ Should I play the game?

BigShot-DN

Hellou People. 

I played AION some months ago for a short time and now I decied to come back and start to play serious with a templar. So, reading some foruns to get some information I started to become lost and I hope someone can help me. Here come my questions:

1) As 6.x is comming and the conversion table is here showing that you have to get +20s gear to recieve a good reward, Should I really play the game now? I have time enough to get this itens? 

2) I have seen that templar is one of the most expensive classes to get competitive in PVP but I really love the weapon switch and the play style, so Its almost the same question, Is it worth to try gearing my character now and Will I have space to farm itens for templar that will still be useful in 6.x?

3) The PVP in game (arena/ Open world/ at least duels) is alive? 

4) I watched a vídeo from Sywo telling to people DONT play aion at 5.8 until 6.x come. So do you guys agree considering that I'm a total new player?

5) Is AION still fun? Whats exactly are people doing in the game nowadays to be happy (even PVP and PVE)? =)

Thx you all.

1. Play to improve your knowledge of the class. If you're starting from scratch, it might be too late to gear in time for the exchange, but it all depends on how much time (and money) you're willing to put into the game.

2. It might become easier in 6.x. You can work on Aetherforging, which carries over.

3. Yes.

4. Do you have anything else to do? If yes, follow Sywo's advice. If not, play Aion.

5. It is what you make of it.

I just guess based from what I heard of other people playing 6.0

-Your weapon attack affected auto attack which means greatsword auto attack will be stronger than sword/shield auto attack.

-Your skill attacks based on you physical damage which come from weapon/armor/accessories every physical weapon has same physical damage so there's no different to little different between sword/greatsword when using skills.

-Weaving which is now greatsword strongest point is now useless not because we got enough of skills to spam but because auto attack is now much weaker than skills and not really worth doing it.My source(TW player) even said even sin don't weave and daul wield glad is gone in 6.0.

-Based on information I have now I think I would recommended you to use sword/shield = faster attack speed,higher crit damage and can use shield skills it's true that punishment greatsword skill will become repeatable x2 still I leaning toward to shield.

I hope it's help :)
I can't confirm or denny the information I list above because I didn't play in 6.0 myself.

• 4 weeks later...

There are two choices of Sword and Greatsword for Templer in PvP (names are from EU).

Brave Fighter's Ancient Longsword -> Legendary Longsword of the Dancing Red Flame -> Ultimate Longsword of the Dancing Red Flame

Brave Fighter's Ancient Greatsword -> Legendary Greatsword of the Dancing Red Flame -> Ultimate Greatsword of the Dancing Red Flame

- this series focuses on "Accuracy", and also "Crit Strike" on 'Ultimate' only (no "HP")

Courageous Fighter's Ancient Longsword -> Legendary Longsword of the Dancing Ember -> Ultimate Longsword of the Dancing Ember

Courageous Fighter's Ancient Greatsword -> Legendary Greatsword of the Dancing Ember -> Ultimate Greatsword of the Dancing Ember

- this series focuses on "HP", and also "Accuracy" on 'Ultimate' only (no "Crit Strike")

As for Plate Armours, Templer has access to "Evasion" & "Magic Resist" (Brave Fighter's series) and "Physical Defense" & "Magical Defense" (Courageous Fighter's series).

Note:- Classes are locked to only one type of Armour types (though weapon usage tree is same as before).

Archived