Sorc / Sm weapon

SakuraMikan-DN

Hi I stopped playing for a year or so and when I stopped sorcs and sm used orb for pve and book for pvp and I wanted to make sure this is still the case before I buy my weapon with crystals. I was watching a Korean stream and the sorc was using a red orb for pvp so I started to wonder if I missed some change. Also since pvp attack doesn't stack on armsfused weapons do we still use pve weapon fused with a pvp one?  Thanks 

I am pretty sure the reason sorc/sm used book for pvp is so it's possible to range auto attack to break things like sin/ranger resist skills. I was wondering if maybe that doesn't work is too slow now or if the higher dmg of an orb is now more valuable. With armsfusing I wasn't asking to fused orb with book just if fusing pve on a pvp weapon is best currently when I had taken a break it was but in 5.8 I heard it was best to do pve with pve and pvp with pvp so was wondering if that is still true. Thanks for answers there is some info on 6.x out there but it's hard to find a lot too. 

On 28/10/2018 at 9:36 PM, SakuraMikan-DN said:

I am pretty sure the reason sorc/sm used book for pvp is so it's possible to range auto attack to break things like sin/ranger resist skills. I was wondering if maybe that doesn't work is too slow now or if the higher dmg of an orb is now more valuable. With armsfusing I wasn't asking to fused orb with book just if fusing pve on a pvp weapon is best currently when I had taken a break it was but in 5.8 I heard it was best to do pve with pve and pvp with pvp so was wondering if that is still true. Thanks for answers there is some info on 6.x out there but it's hard to find a lot too. 

Not really to auto attack. Before 6.0+ books and orbs gave different stats, now in 6.2 the only difference is direct attack power (a normal hit without a skill) which is practically useless.

Before 6.2, a book had +40 m.accuracy more than an orb, and an orb had +40 m.boost more than a book. And orb also gave more maximum MP than a SB and some SB didn't even give any MP at all. And of course one was melee in auto attack, while the other was ranged.

The reason people preferred a SB for pvp and an Orb for pve is that M.accuracy is highly needed for pvp and for pve you don't really need it as much thus maxing out you m.boost was a good thing for bosses in instances. Also 40m.acc was much harder stat to get than 40 m.boost (and still was at least up to 5.8 but it became more and more obsolete difference).

In the old days when the best m.boost stone was +27 and the best m.acc stone was +14, 40 m.boost was only 1,48 times than that of the best m.boost manastone BUT getting 40 m.accuracy was 2,8 times than that of the best m.accuracy manastone. Effectively that meant getting a SB was "earning" you a more valuable and harder to get stat over another one that was easier to get.

Top this up with the fact that in older patches we were running around with like 1000 m.boost and like 500 m.accuracy and that +/-40 on basic stats was a real thing.

As I mentioned above, as the patches were progressing, not only we got combined manastones so we could reach milestones easier but also the stats reached many thousand points so the 40 difference was really not a game changer anymore. But the notion you need a SB for pvp stil remained althought with the new stat manastones getting the m.acc you needed was much much easier than before.

Of course there will be the obvious person claiming that weaving for sorcs and SM was a thing and that it made a big phat difference. My character never had the time to make an auto attack because I was using skills one after another with absolutely no wasting time in between to allow him to use an auto attack for a petty damage. Go watch ANY dps test video for ANY class, nobody will ever bother to weave for a mystic class.

On 10/28/2018 at 0:36 PM, SakuraMikan-DN said:

You can fuse a PvE item with a PvP item and gain both of the stats but since you can't fuse an orb with a book its a moot point.  As far as armor goes though you can fuse both.

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/29/2018 at 11:38 PM, Plezurenpain-DN said:

You can fuse a PvE item with a PvP item and gain both of the stats but since you can't fuse an orb with a book its a moot point.  As far as armor goes though you can fuse both.

We can FUSE ARMOR NOW !!!

Just Kidding ... 

Your best bet is to fuse the 2 highest SpellBooks or Orbs you can get your hands on.

For PVP vs PVE there is no difference in the weapon stats honestly.  MB and MA is the same across the board on both weapons for PVP or PVE.

The Major difference is in your Armor and Accessories for "PVP Specifically" - Inquisitor vs Vindicator

Inquisitor gives you Evasion Stat vs Vindicator gives you Physical Def Stat.

If you want RNG in PVP fight go Inquisitor, if you want a stat that helps you survive in PVP go Vindicator

Thats the major difference for us SM/Sorcs - also Magical CRIT is your most important stat to look at, the lower your magical crit, the less damage you can do!

Archived