NA needs region sale price

Neleth-KT

NA shouldn't use one price to everyone who playing Aion

They can increasing sale by divide zones into regions while currently is for anyone who living in US,for anyone who living faraway or developing countries should get cheaper BCM price.
It will promote people who's faraway from server or poor counties to spend money in game(right now u got 0 from these people because it's way much way too expensive for them)

You know a lot of companies did this like Steam and Epic Games Store.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

You have to be joking. This is 100% the silliest suggestion I have ever seen here and trust me when I say that I have seen some super, amazingly, pants-on-head suggestions over the years.

I'm pretty sure you have a good reason for calling my idea silliest suggestion.

Well I would like to listen your reason behind this as well as your alternate solution .
If you don't mind to enlighten me.

Programming the sales system to modify cost based on currency/region outside of what PayPal already does is A) difficult, B) unfair to the players of the region the game is marketed to, C) potentially exploitable?

Heaven's sake, they're already having enough issues with NCoin/BCC/BCM without trying to throw something as silly as this on top of it.

Hi @Aly-DN can you explain me why this is such a bad idea?

i used to put money on other games regularly,  like Metin2 Mexican server from GameForge,  Rosh / Karos Latam server from Axeso5, as these games are from Latin America their cash shop was accesible to me, but as middle class person from a third world country Aion shop is a complete No go for me, the max i'm willing to spend is for a prestige pack, and sometimes it doesn't seem to be worth the money (canceled my suscription for like 6 months in 5.8 renewed it for 6.2)

isn't better for the company to gain Little instead of nothing from the Latam market?

The game is free. You can't get a much better price than that unless you feel NCWest should start paying people to play the game. 

First let's deal with your bottom line, though, which is somehow the game -needs- players from "faraway" countries in order for the game to be what exactly? A better game? Why? This isn't some university that would benefit from a diverse player base. It's a game where we are all pretending to be Elyos or Asmodians living in a made up place called Atreia. If you are from Outer Norwegia and I am from Canada how exactly does me playing alongside you make our game play better? It may be interesting to talk to you (and I have met a lot of interesting people from other countries) but that doesn't make the game better. You don't bring a unique perspective to the game nor do I. We are both Asmodians/Elyos.

Second, it can be actually harmful to the exact players you are trying to help with this idea. Their time zones are going to be messed up and they will not be able to do some content (like sieges). The servers may very well be empty during their normal playtime. Communication is often key to the game and speaking different languages often makes it very hard to group with people who don't speak your native language. How many times have we seen threads on the forums asking for a server that speaks Spanish or Portuguese or whatever other language spoken by current players? Or to have the siege timers adjusted or instance timers changed to accommodate those that play out of region?

Lastly, and this goes back to my first point, the game is free. Everything on the BCM is completely and totally voluntary. You may point out that in order to compete, players need to purchase things from the BCM, but exactly where do you stop this need to level the playing field. If someone can afford to spend $5k each month and I can afford to spend $50 each month and you can afford $5 each month should NCWest give us all the exact same thing? Should we have to submit pay stubs, be categorized and then charged in line with what we can afford? Should Prestige cost the first person $1k each month while I get charged $20 for the exact same thing and you get charged $1 because of our incomes? Just try doing that and watch what happens. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 3:56 AM, Aly-DN said:

Lastly, and this goes back to my first point, the game is free. Everything on the BCM is completely and totally voluntary. You may point out that in order to compete, players need to purchase things from the BCM, but exactly where do you stop this need to level the playing field. If someone can afford to spend $5k each month and I can afford to spend $50 each month and you can afford $5 each month should NCWest give us all the exact same thing? Should we have to submit pay stubs, be categorized and then charged in line with what we can afford? Should Prestige cost the first person $1k each month while I get charged $20 for the exact same thing and you get charged $1 because of our incomes? Just try doing that and watch what happens. 

Actually this is  an interesting topic. I was reading something about this exact thing with mobile games. Basically they put particular items/cash shop currency on sale for some people and not others depending on their spending habits.

This means players who spend less get a bigger sale on cash shop currency to entice them in to spending while the big fish do not get sales very often at all instead they get special loot boxes inside the game to make them use up their currency faster. Or have a better chance at pulling w/e it is they are trying to get out of the deck.

Archived