Loot boxes ? Transformation Contract Mega Bundle ?

Neleth-KT

In China and South Korea, it is already required that any developer selling loot boxes in their games must disclose the probabilities of receiving any given reward. In 2017, China passed a harsher law that outlawed virtual “lottery tickets,” leading Blizzard to remove the ability to buy Overwatch loot boxes with real money in that region—though they do somewhat cheekily get around it by offering loot boxes as a “free gift” when you purchase non-randomized in-game currency with real money.

So no Transformation Contract Mega Bundle in Aion China ? o.O

Also at EU https://board.en.aion.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/2938-German-Authorities-Consider-Banning-Loot-Boxes/?pageNo=1

They can't talk on EU forums but I guess we can talk about it here ? 9_9

They really should, I can see RNG for gear drops from bosses, but when you make everything about the game RNG, then you make RNG walls behind other RNG walls it's just a big gamble with your time and effort. I for one refuse to play a game anymore if getting better means I have to be lucky. Life is too short for that. RNG has to be the worst game mechanic ever devised. Spend a week of your life trying to upgrade and end up weaker than when you started. I don't play the lottery, I don't go to Vegas to gamble all my money away, and I don't waste my life on RNG games.

The gaming industry is in a precarious position right now, with publishers exploiting the lucrative profits of loot boxes as much as they can before most governments catch on and pass laws against this form of gambling. Many EU countries have already banned these practices, so I think t's just a matter of time before loot boxes disappear forever. Here in NA, Aion doesn't currently have this problem, which doesn't really help... since the RNG stuff not locked behind paywalls is just as bad if not worse.

Archived