Broker Interface issues

HeartStrings-DN

Hello,

I wanted to put this out there and see if anyone has been having this issue and report a bug.  2 times I put items for sale on the broker at at specific price.  Let's say 20 items at a unit price of  30,999,999.  This should have when sold given 619,999,980 as the total sale amount.  However, when I went back in after the items sold to collect the money I see that the unit sale price had been changed from 30,999,999 to 30,999  which amounts to quite a bit of kinah loss e.g. (619,968,981 loss to be exact).  The first time this happened I didn't do anything because I though oh maybe I made the mistake.   But a few days later I put  the same items on the broker again for a set price and was quite careful to check that the interface showed what I had entered as the correct unit price before I clicked to list it.  Well within hours I go back and and same thing the unit price had been dropped by 3 decimal places and the items sold for that.  What's up with this and how can we fix it?

I opened a ticket for this and was told that the items had already sold to a user and nothing they could do.  But I know this was not my mistake this last time and I did not expect it to happen again.  I'm currently asking for NCSoft Legal Counsel information since it involved listing items that were purchased with real money on black cloud market.

If this issue can't be fixed please provide to following contact information for NCSoft legal counsel
Attorney Name:
Attorney Address:
Attorney Phone:
Attorney Email:

I've never seen this happen. This is the first time I have heard of this happening.

Not sure why you are asking us (the players) for information on the NCSoft staff. If Support won't give you the information you ask for, you could try asking @Cyan in a personal message. Or try calling their offices. You can google the number. I know of a player who was banned for hacking who called and cried. They eventually gave him his account back. Can you cry on demand?

Best of luck.

55 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I've never seen this happen. This is the first time I have heard of this happening.

Not sure why you are asking us (the players) for information on the NCSoft staff. If Support won't give you the information you ask for, you could try asking @Cyan in a personal message. Or try calling their offices. You can google the number. I know of a player who was banned for hacking who called and cried. They eventually gave him his account back. Can you cry on demand?

Best of luck.

Thanks Aly was more looking to see if any other players had seen this happen on the broker.  I even remember when the broker fees were deducted from my current kinah when I posted the sell and was like 50mil kinah but the sales amount that it wanted to give me for the 20 items is only approximately 523,000.   It's really and interesting one and I want to make sure that this kind of thing doesn't keep happening and gets fixed.   The request for information I'm hoping will come from NCSoft or Cyan.  I think once we take a look at what my kinah was immediately  before the sale posted to immediately after and see that a 50m deduction doesn't add up to the total sale that was 523,000 ...   Hopefully they will take care of it and see it was actually a bug and not a hack and not a mistake but an error in how the code handles some transactions can be flawed and broken.

I have heard of this happening to someone, but it was chalked up to being lag. Like, they saw that they entered an amount on their screen, but they were lagging so in the game itself, it didn't actually register the full amount. Kind of like when you run somewhere and then rubberband back. You can see yourself run to that spot, but the game didn't actually register you running up there. Not sure if that's what happened here, but a possibility.

• 2 weeks later...

That also happened to me one time, I was putting items and one of my items' last digit didn't go through because of lag so my item was sold for 1/10 of the actual price, thankfully it was not something too expensive, it was close to 30m and it was sold for close to 3m. double check your item sales once you put it for sale.

Can confirm this happens, the na team is crippling it's own terrible economy or we can chalk it up to lag I suppose.  Either way i'm out billions over the years due to this exact same problem, the broker currently angers me.

Archived