Pandora gear

Sreya-KT

From my point of view is not fair that the PVE attack and defense is smaller that the crafted PVE gear.The crafted gear is P2W and for the Pandora the grading and the time that you spend in order to get it is a loot,to much i can say and at list the PVE attack and defense should be higher the the crafted one to compensate the effort that you put on it in order to get that gear.

I don't understand how the crafted gear is pay2win. That's just an odd statement.

As to the stats on the Pandora gear, it is pretty much at the bottom of the heap, but to me that actually makes sense. Pandora gear is 100% solo going. It's you doing things by yourself to get gear in a totally safe environment. That makes it attractive to many, but definitely the easiest gear to get. It's just time consuming. 

Crafted gear fuels the economy. Players sell the mats they get. Other players spend kinah to craft and hope for RNG to get the best gear. So the gatherers make kinah. The crafters make kinah. And the consumer gets decent gear. Much more difficult to get that gear. Nothing is guaranteed and the gathering is done in PvP areas, so there is risk.

The best gear is the looted gear from instances. That takes a group and coordination and gets you involved with other players who can be your foundation of remaining in the game. There is also risk getting to the instances. Not to mention that drops are RNG, so you will have to run those instances over and over and over.

That's my take on it.

The crafted gear is the easiest and fastest way to gear up.

You may have to spend kinah and farm, but you don't need to retune, which is the thing that is very pay to win. Those guys with ultimate gear tuned to almost perfect status did that by using a lot of luna, and i mean really a lot, or they spent millions and millions to obtain it.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I have seen on English Powerbook, it appears that in 7.0 there will not be a Tier 2 version of the Pandora gears.

Tier 2 legendary gear, where armor pieces will be available from FM/HT (The 7.0 equivalent of the 6.0 CoE/GoK), have higher base stats than ultimate Pandora gear. Does this means that Pandora gear will be obsolete in 7.0?

If you are going to craft pve gear, I advice only crafting ultimate gear that you have the stones to +15, and the money to socket it properly so it makes an actual big difference in dps when compared to the pvp version that you probably already have.(or should).

So i would craft a pve wing and +15, then a necklace and +15, one at a time and so on.

21 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

From what I have seen on English Powerbook, it appears that in 7.0 there will not be a Tier 2 version of the Pandora gears.

Tier 2 legendary gear, where armor pieces will be available from FM/HT (The 7.0 equivalent of the 6.0 CoE/GoK), have higher base stats than ultimate Pandora gear. Does this means that Pandora gear will be obsolete in 7.0?

Not mentioning Pandora legendary because it's almost worse than COE/Mirash/Bloodsworn ancients.

The current ult Frostspark gear already has better stats, for all stats, than Pandora gear. Pandora is only meant as a stepping stone to get full Frostspark, and then attempt Veilenthrone to get the current top pve gear. It is not meant to be kept for a long time, or fine-tuned with Luna, or even made full +15 because that's a complete waste of your resources when you could've used those to grind Frostspark and socket/enchant/tune that instead. I'd only +15 the weapon on a dps class, and the shield on a support, particularly if you can't seem to get that weapon/shield drop in IDD.

With Frostspark ult you might at least be able to attempt some recent pve content in 7.0 (like Stella Labs), with Pandora ultimate set you're as good as in Frostspark legendaries or worse.

So, yes, except for the skin or unless you don't have ancient/legendary (tier 2) gear, ultimate Pandora will be useless.

Archived