Aion 2019

66s8EA62-DN

hello,

I have played Aion from Beta to 3.0 and I quit. I was playing Lineage 2, but after wasting A LOT of money there and still getting one hit kill by people that can waste 30kk on a character I QUIT. I was wondering how was Aion going, because i used to have alot of fun here. So... is it still worth it to start from zero in Aion in 2019?

Ty for your time :)

Basically it is going to depend on your playstyle and what you expect to gain while leveling. The Aion of today is not the Aion you remember. I've been playing since release and can firmly attest to that. That being said. In the Aion of today the leveling process has been reworked. You will get to level 80 fast, and I mean real fast compared to how you remember. Along the way you will experience a different story than you remember as well although it can be enjoyable if you take the time to stop and look around and see what is happening. Depending on the class you choose you may want to save any outfits you get from drops or quests that you really like for use to stamp your end game outfits you will get when you hit level 74 - ish, 75 - ish and go to Lakrum. Doing the remainder of leveling quests there will earn you 2 decent starter end game sets of gear, one PVE, and one PVP. Both no matter your class are Fashion Failures and that is putting it mildly but they can be made functional via enchanting hence my suggestion to hold on to any outfits you obtain a long the way you like. Or that you can live with, lol.

Once you get to level 80 that is where the real work begins. This is when you will start thinking about gear, etc. You will need some friends or ppl you can run with for instances, PVP and just flat out remaining competitive. However even if you are mostly a solo player like myself there are several ways to earn or craft (If that is your cup of tea) better gear for the more challenging runs and instances available. Aion can still be fun and the upcoming 7.0 patch will bring back some small portion of what we lost when 6x arrived.

That is the shortest and best explanation I can give you ATM. I'm sure others here will weigh in and provide more and better details on what to expect if you decide to try Aion again.

I wish you the best of luck whichever you decide.

It's f2p and very easy and quick to level, so the only thing you risk is your time to give it a try and see for yourself.

Just as in L2, you will find people with tons of disposable income who toss money at this game hand over fist and are at the top of the gear ladder and are all ready to get the best gear on day 1 of the next patch. You will also find people who have struggled to get even the most basic gear for whatever reason. The majority of people are somewhere in the middle. We are in the waning days of 6.x.. hopefully. A 7.0 announcement should happen in the next month or so. (Or so I hope!) So starting today and looking to win in a straight up 1v1 with the average player is probably not going to go well for you. BUT.. there is no reason you can't get in, make some friends, find a legion, get used to the controls again while you wait for 7.0.

2 hours ago, KonkersGG-EK said:

If you like Aion you will like 7.0. my advise is to do any events that guarantee you ancient transformations (the one we have now is garbage).

Best advice. A good transformation (ancient or higher that you can use for your class) will go a long, LONG way to making your Aion experience more enjoyable. Running and attacking slowly will drive you crazy; an ancient transformation will take away that pain.

Agreed - get your transform although mm..can't speak for a gunner..but depends upon your class. Even an ancient doesn't really do the job for some classes, the game doesn't get to the enjoyable stage until you've got a decent legendary. That's even using the best title.

It's even more important given that getting a  permanent mount is harder than it used to be.

No one has mentioned it yet but kinah is a big issue for new players. Don't waste it early - don't enchant things, ask if you aren't sure. You will need it at 80. You can easily use a fortune trying to socket one item.

ALSO, this is very important as we are so close to 7.0 (I'm assuming this since EU just got 7.0) don't buy any PVP gear yet. Save your Genesis Crystals (do the camp quests, just don't use them). If you must PVP right away, I'd advise you to craft some PVP gear because you will need it later to break it and get Fragment Spirits either way (needed to upgrade the PVP equipment). You could upgrade the gear you have now to the new T2 gear, but you would need to +15 it and Enchantment Stones are an issue (hard to get enough). 

As for PVE, do whatever you want. It doesn't matter. Just save the PVE enchantment stones (PVP and PVE stones are different now).

I'd also look up the new class coming with 7.0, the Painter. See if you like it or not, etc. If you do like it just farm as much kinah as you can, and for that the Ranger is the best class.

Archived