Make altars faction based and not legion based please!

fearemall-DN

Why does only the conquering legion of the altar get to do the mob quests each week? This should be faction based - if you own the altar and you are the same faction, you should be able to do the altar quests. The fact that you have to be in that same legion too is so unnecessary. Now you got people turning on each other in the same faction just because they are in a different legion and instead of elyos vs asmo now its asmo guild vs asmo guild vs elyos guild vs elyos guild. Please make altar quests available for everyone in the same faction! World bosses I can understand since its league based but PLEASE at least change the altar system. Its so unnecessary because all it does is make the strong stronger and the leaves the lower geared people at a disadvantage. And no, not all guilds invite people willingly. Make it fair for everyone please! 

38 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Well then it is back to the good old days :D. I think this is a positive step forward for the game despite its content.

are you saying that you like legion-exclusive content in a dying and imbalanced game?

wtf

theres one thing that I truly hate in Aion, this thing is LEGION CONTENT.
This is stupid, i don't have words to describe how poorly and bad designed this sh*t is.

Conquering-legion-only benefits have been in the game in one form or another for a long time. Sometimes they are huge benefits and sometimes they are rather meh. I believe they are there to force players into larger legions. To force players to play with more people. Not exactly a bad thing. Though larger legions are often full of people with different play styles and different tolerances and usually lead to drama.

im sorry i disagree with this only because  i feel the major fortresses like lakrum and divine should be the only fortresses that or gp based forts altars are mini fortresses to me its not a full time fortress so i really dont care about them as much but to cure the problem just join a big legion on your server then  alot of  danaria is doing it anyways that way pre 7.0

Gonna use this thread to ask you guys:

Let's say I form an alliance with 12 members from legion A and 12 from legion B (me, the alli lead being from A).

If my alliance  is the only one there and kill the deity, wich legion wins the altar? Legion A because the alli lead is from that? Or legion B if these 12 members did More dps than A?

Alliances do not matter at all in this subject same to Lakrum and Divine fortresses.
Back Story: Incoming (Asmodian KT) kept getting the fortress when 6.2 was launched (and the buff started working) and people were accusing them of being "selfish" because they wanted other legions to "enjoy" owning a fortress (even if they didn't do the job to earn it), just like it was back in Katalam/Danaria maps sieges where legion politics of giving fortresses to legions, that didn't have the man power to get a fortress by sheer number of contribution, still existed. So incoming tried to give the fortress by being in the league of a legion that wanted to get handed a fortress free of charge, but they (incoming) still got it. Then they tried not doing too much dps but of course they still got it. The only thing that would make them not get the fortress was for any incoming player not to dps the deity at all but it was going to fail us getting the fortress because the dps of the rest was not enough, eventually they ended up getting the fortress almost every time we won it from that day on.

So if the format is exactly the same (which most likely is cause I don't see why would they bring back the complication of who is leading) it doesn't matter if you go solo or grouped or alliance'd or league'd. Your dps counts towards your legion and apparently you should be there and alive when the altar boss dies in order for your contribution to count towards your legion getting the altar, much like it works for capturing fortresses.

23 hours ago, Sexy-DN said:

just make alliance with your own legion. if ur ally has more dps ull get it. if you cant outdps other legions merge with them. 
legion content and competition isnt anything new in mmos. its nice to see it back into the game.

could be nice in a healthy game. Not in Aion

Archived