PVE Gear

Dianah-KT

So, for the past 2 months I've been running PF and IDD every week with 4 entrances in PF and 2 or sometimes 3 IDD runs. My complain is that in all these 2 months of constantly spamming these instances , I only got 1 piece of Ultimate gear.

How is it possible ? 

Am I doing something wrong? Mind you that every time someone Looks, it either has prestige buff or event buffs.

It's just bad luck, sadly. My main character has all of the new ultimate PF and IDD gear, plus extras for heal boost set, and my favorite alt has all of the new PF and IDD gear except one piece (and she's magic clothie, so a lot of roll competition).

An idea for you if you have the dps to support it... Do you have any decently geared friends who you can trio IDD and PF with? Yourself, another dps, and a healer? That would help you get gear faster. Also, try not to go in groups with other assassins/rangers so you don't have any roll competition.

2 hours ago, Dianah-KT said:

So, for the past 2 months I've been running PF and IDD every week with 4 entrances in PF and 2 or sometimes 3 IDD runs. My complain is that in all these 2 months of constantly spamming these instances , I only got 1 piece of Ultimate gear.

How is it possible ? 

Am I doing something wrong? Mind you that every time someone Looks, it either has prestige buff or event buffs.

You are going to hear success stories of people getting full geared in no time as if this will change the fact you got nothing. RNG is the only driving factor of this game, your effort is passing through an RNG filter, theoretically the more you try, the closer you get in reaching your goal but not really, one might get a drop the first time, another might do 50 runs and get nothing. I belong to the guy who did 50 and got nothing.

• In 6.2 patch I did a ton of PF runs and only got 1 item, cloth never dropped and most of the times there was no ultimate to being with. The majority of drops were either chain or leather.
  • In 6.5 we got a sure ultimate drop, it took me about 200 runs to get my full set, most of the times it was a ffa item since most people only needed 1~2 items. I did another 100 runs hoping to get me mystic wings and they never dropped. Again cloth wasn't dropping easily and when it did it was usually something I had.

--> I did 300 PF runs to get the set and wings which I never got, all of my items except one were from 6.5 exclusively (tunic was from 6.2).

• In 7.0 I did like 50 pf runs, the free runs and luna resets some times. This is getting us back to 6.2 practically, three out of four times there was no ultimate. There was a week I would do my 5 free runs and get 0 ultimates. The other times we got an ultimate it was again chain or leather.

As of now I have 0 ultimate T2 pve items from instances and the last 2 weeks I stopped doing them altogether. I promised myself I won't do another 300 pf runs just to get me the new pve items that I will have to re-enchant and retune all the way again and it is not even the whole set, it only drops 2 items. Not to mention you cannot get the whole set because Stellin hard mode is impossible to do as they said, so I never did and never will do Stellin in my life, I am literally done with doing pve instances just to get more pve gear so I can do more pve instances. This is not even new content, 300 pf in 6.x... I have done enough PF to say I did it, there is no appeal to do more.

~~

Moral of the story, people get geared when they are in legion and they give/get loot rights so no ffa goes to waste.

I am currently doing my pandora gear, it is the 3rd best gear in game but it is streamlined and possible to get every item you need in 8~19 weeks or something and all items are retune-able, and it is also slightly better than my frostpacks (except the tunic which weirdly is not better).

Literally if you are not going to be a hardcore pver I would suggest you to get the pandora items. By the time you get any set from pve instances they will get Aion 8.0 and your gear will be again outdated.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

You are going to hear success stories of people getting full geared in no time as if this will change the fact you got nothing. RNG is the only driving factor of this game, your effort is passing through an RNG filter, theoretically the more you try, the closer you get in reaching your goal but not really, one might get a drop the first time, another might do 50 runs and get nothing. I belong to the guy who did 50 and got nothing.

• In 6.2 patch I did a ton of PF runs and only got 1 item, cloth never dropped and most of the times there was no ultimate to being with. The majority of drops were either chain or leather.
  • In 6.5 we got a sure ultimate drop, it took me about 200 runs to get my full set, most of the times it was a ffa item since most people only needed 1~2 items. I did another 100 runs hoping to get me mystic wings and they never dropped. Again cloth wasn't dropping easily and when it did it was usually something I had.

--> I did 300 PF runs to get the set and wings which I never got, all of my items except one were from 6.5 exclusively (tunic was from 6.2).

• In 7.0 I did like 50 pf runs, the free runs and luna resets some times. This is getting us back to 6.2 practically, three out of four times there was no ultimate. There was a week I would do my 5 free runs and get 0 ultimates. The other times we got an ultimate it was again chain or leather.

As of now I have 0 ultimate T2 pve items from instances and the last 2 weeks I stopped doing them altogether. I promised myself I won't do another 300 pf runs just to get me the new pve items that I will have to re-enchant and retune all the way again and it is not even the whole set, it only drops 2 items. Not to mention you cannot get the whole set because Stellin hard mode is impossible to do as they said, so I never did and never will do Stellin in my life, I am literally done with doing pve instances just to get more pve gear so I can do more pve instances. This is not even new content, 300 pf in 6.x... I have done enough PF to say I did it, there is no appeal to do more.

~~

Moral of the story, people get geared when they are in legion and they give/get loot rights so no ffa goes to waste.

I am currently doing my pandora gear, it is the 3rd best gear in game but it is streamlined and possible to get every item you need in 8~19 weeks or something and all items are retune-able, and it is also slightly better than my frostpacks (except the tunic which weirdly is not better).

Literally if you are not going to be a hardcore pver I would suggest you to get the pandora items. By the time you get any set from pve instances they will get Aion 8.0 and your gear will be again outdated.

Same.

Only 1 piece for me (sorc) dropped in 6.2 (was a magic plume, lol) and everyone passed for me because they felt bad.

In 6.5, I finished everything (last piece was hat) 1 month before 7.0 hit, I really believe that cloth has the lowest drop rate out of all the pieces.

I also stopped running anything, basically quit I guess. I have 3 pieces from PF and IDD but the thing that discourages me the most is that 2 (!) of my alts are full PF and IDD before my main is.

Oh well

1 hour ago, Brutallus-DN said:

Same.

Only 1 piece for me (sorc) dropped in 6.2 (was a magic plume, lol) and everyone passed for me because they felt bad.

In 6.5, I finished everything (last piece was hat) 1 month before 7.0 hit, I really believe that cloth has the lowest drop rate out of all the pieces.

I also stopped running anything, basically quit I guess. I have 3 pieces from PF and IDD but the thing that discourages me the most is that 2 (!) of my alts are full PF and IDD before my main is.

Oh well

And the shittiest part is that there are classes that are exclusive to their gear type while cloth is the most used
1 class per item type:

• Gunslinger: Light Mystic
  • Vandal: Cloth Physical
  • Aethertech: Plate Mystic
  • Cleric: Chain Mystic (I think AT can still use it but since they have their plate there is a priority for clerics to get chain mystic)
  • Chanter: Chain Physical

2 classes per item type:

• Archer & Assassin: Light Physical
  • Templar & Gladiator: Plate Physical

3 Classes per item type:

• SW + Sorcerer + SM: Cloth Mystic

So cloth mystic has the most classes that need it and we get it the least than anything. And not to mention that SW and SM still do their special jobs as part healer+recharger (SW) and dps+debuffer (SM), while sorcerer is obsolete, if you have to choose between Sorcerer and vandal, you obviously get the true dps class which is Vandal and not Sorcerer.

Correction:

2 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I am currently doing my pandora gear, it is the 3rd best gear in game but it is streamlined and possible to get every item you need in 8~19 weeks

it is 8~9 weeks, not 8~19 weeks, I hit "1" accidentally and didn't notice

Roll alts to help gear your main, preferably cleric - it doesn't need op gear to do the job yet gears up in the process without any pressure, and you can duo-trio mid tier instances with it, and/or chanter. That's how I geared my main in 6.x, and that's how I gear my poor useless special needs main now. I was super lucky to get chest on my main in my first ever SL ez run ever, clueless carry with crazy beginner's luck. Which then was exactly that - beginner's luck. After that, each new piece (hands, shoulders, feet, head) was fed to main from alts, still missing legs. Not running SL nm and PF hm yet, so don't have the new feathers or earrings. Maybe will soon on vandal (cuz if you can't beat it, roll it).

Or buy loot rights, like many people do.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 9:59 AM, Afterglow-KT said:

Roll alts to help gear your main, preferably cleric - it doesn't need op gear to do the job yet gears up in the process without any pressure, and you can duo-trio mid tier instances with it, and/or chanter. That's how I geared my main in 6.x, and that's how I gear my poor useless special needs main now. I was super lucky to get chest on my main in my first ever SL ez run ever, clueless carry with crazy beginner's luck. Which then was exactly that - beginner's luck. After that, each new piece (hands, shoulders, feet, head) was fed to main from alts, still missing legs. Not running SL nm and PF hm yet, so don't have the new feathers or earrings. Maybe will soon on vandal (cuz if you can't beat it, roll it).

Or buy loot rights, like many people do.

My problem is that after I did more than 50 runs on PF in 7.0 in the first weeks, I never saw a single ultimate cloth drop, it is not that I lose rolls since we always make sure we do not have conflicting classes. Theoretically I could do 50 more runs with another character only to loot right any drop to my main, but still get 0 cloth ultimate.

I even tried one last time when the coffin buff was on for drop rate and nothing changed.

Same.

Hoping that at some point they give us 100% ult drops again. It's pretty sickening to run an instance dozens of times and not see even a single ult drop.. let alone one for your class.

Until they give us 100% ult drops, I have pretty much given up on PvE gear.

15 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

My problem is that after I did more than 50 runs on PF in 7.0 in the first weeks, I never saw a single ultimate cloth drop, it is not that I lose rolls since we always make sure we do not have conflicting classes. Theoretically I could do 50 more runs with another character only to loot right any drop to my main, but still get 0 cloth ultimate.

I even tried one last time when the coffin buff was on for drop rate and nothing changed.

Just buy loot rights. And duo PF /IDD for kinah/fasteners/enchant stones and sell whatever ultimates you get. I'm sure your sorc doesn't even need a pocket healer DPS cleric/chant for that, just any good DPS will suffice.

3 hours ago, Afterglow-KT said:

Just buy loot rights. And duo PF /IDD for kinah/fasteners/enchant stones and sell whatever ultimates you get. I'm sure your sorc doesn't even need a pocket healer DPS cleric/chant for that, just any good DPS will suffice.

Yes we did it duo anyways, I have like 20k fasteners and I would have had 100k if I hadn't deleted the rest. I have settled for the frostpack and some pandora I did, but I won't do more of the pandora, I am bored. I am not that active so I do not do the pve instances at all now since my only goal was to get the cloth,if I am not getting it I won't do it for any other reason. I wasn't even do FM/BoS since 4~5 months already. I only do HM solo for the AP.

I tried loot rights but I never got a single whisper, predominantly because I lost 13 friends from 5.8 -> 6.2 and then I lost another 10 or something during the last months of the 6.x patch. Game is pretty silent now.

Archived