Screencap Guide for How to Remove the Loading Bar/Screen

Despite there being several videos and text how-to guides out there for how to remove the loading bar on the Aion login screen, so many people still don't know how to do it correctly. Hopefully these detailed screencaps will help you. I highly recommend doing this; your friends will thank you if you sendlog/DC during a pvp/pve instance! A few notes:

1. After a detailed* maintenance, you will get the loading bar again. This is normal, and it will only happen once. (* If it's just a Wednesday maintenance where they didn't really make any changes, you probably won't get the loading screen, but if we get a new event, they make changes, etc, then you will.)

2. Sometimes the file just gets corrupted for some reason, and even though you've done the fix, you have to re-do it. I find that I have to re-do it every 6-8 months.

Step 1: Close the Aion client(s) if you're currently logged in.

Step 2: Navigate to the folder on your computer where you have Aion installed. If you don't have it installed on an SSD, it will probably be:

FbU30KC.jpg

Step 3: Go into the "data" folder and then go into the "dump" folder.

KsRM4QG.jpg

Step 4: Copy the "config" file to your desktop or some other random folder. The reason we are copying it elsewhere (temporarily) is because many computers will prevent you from saving the file after you edit it if it is still in this folder.

HM08RGN.jpg

Step 5: Open this "config" file (on your desktop or wherever you copied it).

HeKewrI.jpg

Step 6: Change ValidTableDump= AND NormalStop= to the number 1 (for both).

J7zhNWD.jpg

Step 7: Save the file (still on your desktop or wherever you copied it).

Step 8: Cut and paste the file from your desktop back into the folder below. You are REPLACING the existing config file in the "dump" folder with this new one that you just finished editing.

KsRM4QG.jpg

Step 9: Right-click on the config file (in your data-dump folder) and click Properties.

mzqu8T9.png

Step 10: Click the checkbox on "Read-only" under Attributes on the General tab. This step is critical. If you don't set it to read-only, then you will continue to get the loading bar because Aion doesn't "save" your no-loading-bar preference.

C815jhL.jpg

Step 11: Re-start your Aion client and play the game normally. All done!

1 hour ago, Gorokai-DN said:

I have done this on 3 PCs and a laptop and it works on 2 and doesn't work on the other 2, so it's hit or miss if this will work for you.

Common things that people miss that you might check:

1. Make sure both ValidTableDump= AND NormalStop= are set to 1.

2. Make sure the file is set to read-only.

3. The file might just be corrupted. Delete the config file, start Aion so that it creates a new config file, then follow the steps above.

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2020 at 8:00 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

Despite there being several videos and text how-to guides out there for how to remove the loading bar on the Aion login screen, so many people still don't know how to do it correctly. Hopefully these detailed screencaps will help you. I highly recommend doing this; your friends will thank you if you sendlog/DC during a pvp/pve instance! A few notes:

1. After a detailed* maintenance, you will get the loading bar again. This is normal, and it will only happen once. (* If it's just a Wednesday maintenance where they didn't really make any changes, you probably won't get the loading screen, but if we get a new event, they make changes, etc, then you will.)

2. Sometimes the file just gets corrupted for some reason, and even though you've done the fix, you have to re-do it. I find that I have to re-do it every 6-8 months.

Step 1: Close the Aion client(s) if you're currently logged in.

Step 2: Navigate to the folder on your computer where you have Aion installed. If you don't have it installed on an SSD, it will probably be:

FbU30KC.jpg

Step 3: Go into the "data" folder and then go into the "dump" folder.

KsRM4QG.jpg

Step 4: Copy the "config" file to your desktop or some other random folder. The reason we are copying it elsewhere (temporarily) is because many computers will prevent you from saving the file after you edit it if it is still in this folder.

HM08RGN.jpg

Step 5: Open this "config" file (on your desktop or wherever you copied it).

HeKewrI.jpg

Step 6: Change ValidTableDump= AND NormalStop= to the number 1 (for both).

J7zhNWD.jpg

Step 7: Save the file (still on your desktop or wherever you copied it).

Step 8: Cut and paste the file from your desktop back into the folder below. You are REPLACING the existing config file in the "dump" folder with this new one that you just finished editing.

KsRM4QG.jpg

Step 9: Right-click on the config file (in your data-dump folder) and click Properties.

mzqu8T9.png

Step 10: Click the checkbox on "Read-only" under Attributes on the General tab. This step is critical. If you don't set it to read-only, then you will continue to get the loading bar because Aion doesn't "save" your no-loading-bar preference.

C815jhL.jpg

Step 11: Re-start your Aion client and play the game normally. All done!

Thanks for the help but this doesn't work. Even after I deleted the file it still loads every time I start it up. Like the other guy stated in the thread it seems to be different for different machines. Probably has to do with various factors. On my laptop I get no load except after updates. On this desktop computer I just bought it loads even after it has updated every time. On my laptop Aion wouldn't start up until I added the .old on the end of the ISO file. On my desktop I had no such problem. Just noticed as well the values of some of the other items in the file of your image are different than mine. The values are not only different the new file created doesn't have the bitsize value in it at all but it is in your screenshot and in the file on my laptop.

If you are still getting a long load bar after applying this fix.  Delete your config file, file repair the game then reload the game. After it's loaded, close the game and apply the fix.  I found that applying the fix after a dc, send log, or any kindof crash just made me get a long load screen ever time

Guys you need to do this on a clean good start and you need to close the client yourself not let it crash and then change the values.

Delete the two said files -> Update client (if there are updates) -> Let the game fully load slowly with the bar -> Reach until character selection -> Close the client with the "X" button or the quit button in the client -> Open the config.ini -> make sure those two values are set to 1 -> DO NOT CHANGE manually any other values in that file -> save, close, make read only.

This will have to be done every time there is an update to the client because it changes some other values in there.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Thank you for that nice and detailed guide. The question that I’m asking myself is, if this progress bar is useless, why is it even here ? Why the developers put it there if it’s not necessary for correct game functioning ?

Theoretically it was supposed to be used when you get a crash on game, apparently to reload the basics and not rely on previous successful runs because during a crash something went wrong so it might need to reload the game to do the checks. Sometimes crashes might have files corrupted or whatever.

But as usual this is not working as intended. You only need the loading bar once the client is changed aka once when there is an update.

For some people it will be an issue if they don't have Local Admin rights to the Aion folder- you can be a local admin on your PC and STILL not have write access to the Program Files\NCSoft\Aion folder.  In that case, if you aren't comfortable with granting yourself admin rights, you can take the config file and copy it to your desktop and then you should be able to fully edit it and put it in read-only mode and then rename the original in the Aion folder and paste the new one from your desktop back in.

Also, if you adjusted those settings and the game still gives the loading bar, take the config file off read-only and let the game fully go through the load screen. Once it gets to the character select, go to the quit game option and gracefully quit so it takes you back to desktop, then you can set it back to read- only and those other switches should be at 1 again on their own. 

The load screen can be triggered server side after a patch so be aware on Wednesdays.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Ora said:

I couldnt locate my dump folder in my AION_CLASSIC installation folder, so I copied it from the AION (regular) folder. Would that be a problem or not? @Vantheria-DN

When I was playing actively classic I didn't do that for Classic but it loaded instantly too, maybe that retail file works for both classic and retail in that same folder.

I could be wrong.

51 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

When I was playing actively classic I didn't do that for Classic but it loaded instantly too, maybe that retail file works for both classic and retail in that same folder.

I could be wrong.

No, classic always loads instantly.

Archived