Herelym mine is it still a go for PVE to get AP to go for PVP?

skythee-DN

Pre 7.5 patch when Herelym mine was in a fixed location that was the only way i could get enough AP to even think about maybe going PVP one day, so on my Sin account I got x1  Ultimate Dark Talon dagger after some months and eventually got to a level where I could just grind the solo middle path in this PVE !!! instance sometimes, but that was still many weeks with entry caps. Now I still need 20M AP to upgrade the second +15 legendary dagger. At this rate I don't think I'll bother with more attempts at DT gear even if I finish this one ever. So my question to Aion is why nyerk up a reasonable but difficult thing to make it almost impossible for PVE to transition to PVP by baiting a PVE instance in a viper's pit of PVP? I can't even find the current Herelym mine without being ambushed by PVP flash dc to find out if I can even enter it in case that has also been nerfed. Maybe better if put it back like near it was but make the cap on re-entry absolute or limit in some other way the possible perception that it was too easy for the highly geared crews to get AP or whatever the problem was to change it so everyone has a chance at some AP and a small amount of PVP gear, or was it just an easy hijack of an instance - I don't really care about the reasoning but I don't like the result - who uses it now - only AION has those stats. I'd like to hear from others, as the patch notes are useless, what people think of the new Herelym mine experience that I haven't encountered yet but welcome all comments on topic since its a forum. cheers :)

HM got a -40% AP nerf, and they also kept it in the timed map of Lakrum. It also changes three locations in the 3 middle camps. I one time entered it, and by the time I finished it and went out, it already had changed location so I had to go to the new location to do the next run.

It would have been better for everyone if it was in Gelkmaros as well obviously, but they did it like this for their own reasons (probably thinking that this will "enable" pvp, they use the word enable, not force for things like this)

Anyway, 750m AP in solo mid with prestige only, seems good enough for whoever needs more AP. Do 10 runs for example and you are at +7,5m AP. It is Luna resettable but also the pouches that give instance resets have HM too so you can buy those.

Hello @skythee-DN , i know this is not what you, or any other player, that comes here to express their discontent with the game wants to hear.
  But complaints, suggestion and feedback adressing and implementing those changes is a slow process, and even slower in our region, so any of the changes you want are most like not going to happen anytime soon or never at all. 
  Another thing is that PvE instances located in conflict zones it is already an Aion feature, historicaly this was always been like this.

So this lead us for you to take 2 possible options:

A- The Easier one, quit Aion, and look for another game, that caters more to your playstyle, with Lower or No PvP risk.

B- The Harder one, improve yourself and take measures to acomplish your objective.

Now if your are willing to take option B, i can help you with that, and give you some advices.

1-  Timing

Try to arrange your in game activity schedule to match times with low population in the zones you need to go. 
  Just an example, Altars times. I'm not telling you don't participate in altars just to get inside HM, i'm saying if you quickly move right the second after altars ends, others zones are still going to be pretty empty, as players are still tangled up on some left over PvP, or doings quests or on queues to do quest, or afk waiting for altar shugos, Lakrum will be a lot safer.

2- Enemy Detection

Set your Compass/Minimap at maximum zoom out, this will give you a 360º and 90 meters range detection tool.
  Make 1 or even 2 enemy chats, one with enemy attacks and defence and another with enemy buffs. 
  This will give valuable info about how many enemies there are, wich classes they are, how strong they can be, and the important buffs they could use, like hide detection. 

3- Enemy Avoidance

With all the info above you can make decisions ahead of time to keep you alive, make a turn, and pick a differnt path to the location you need to reach. 
  But the other faction also benefits, from the ''Enemy Tab'' so for you to get there in one piece, just praying to be lucky is not going to work. You need to pay attention and don't make any ''Noise'', if you go around using potions, killing mobs, using buffs or running in a straight line aggroing every mob on the way and getting hit by them the enemy will know you are there really quickly, even without visual contact, as Chat range is around 110 meters.
  So if the enemy player is smart and read wich mob is hitting you they can pretty much pin point your location.

4- Diplomacy

Just a simple gentle gesture from your part like a cute emoji ^_^ can save you.
Or you can go beyond that, and make macro with a friendly sentence in the enemy language, ''Hey, i'm really ungeared, i just want to run my HM, don't kill me pretty please, smiley face'' with a translator http://nya.aiononline.cz/translator/ and spam it when you are near the entrance.
Of course some people will kill you anyways, but many others can be forgiving.

5- Be Try Hard

Begginer version:  Make a second account, with a cleric, buff yourself with Hand of Reincarnation, when you are near the isntance, pop every single defensive skill you have and die at the entrance, wait a couple of minutes, enemy will eventually leave.

Advanced version:  Make a second acount with 3 Spiritmasters Lv 25, one stationed in each Entrance Spawn, this way with the 30 seconds untargetable feature from loging in you can scout the area first, and then use the Summoning skill to move your toon safely, for extra safety you can even socket stigma Cloacking Word in your SMs, just in case.

6- Better use of Hide

Use your Shadow Walk right before leaving the city, if there are enemies in the entrance, Mark them so you can control the distances between both of you, back away 110 meters and rebuff your hide if needed, that way no one will ever know you are there.

ok question, at this point how many of you took option A ? LMAO

49 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Or you can go beyond that, and make macro with a friendly sentence in the enemy language, ''Hey, i'm really ungeared, i just want to run my HM, don't kill me pretty please, smiley face'' with a translator http://nya.aiononline.cz/translator/ and spam it when you are near the entrance.

Gonna quote this again because this is actually very good advice. I will stop attacking someone and sheathe my weapon if they shout at me that they're just trying to get into an instance or whatever. Just make sure it's translated so the opposite faction can read it.

2 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Advanced version:  Make a second acount with 3 Spiritmasters Lv 25, one stationed in each Entrance Spawn, this way with the 30 seconds untargetable feature from loging in you can scout the area first, and then use the Summoning skill to move your toon safely, for extra safety you can even socket stigma Cloacking Word in your SMs, just in case.

Spirit master needs to be level 50 for summon friend skill and also you cannot logout in an instanced server and log back in the same spot, you get ported back to obelisk.

I know because I had summoners near every possible camp to port me there easily while doing weeklies etc.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Spirit master needs to be level 50 for summon friend skill and also you cannot logout in an instanced server and log back in the same spot, you get ported back to obelisk.

I know because I had summoners near every possible camp to port me there easily while doing weeklies etc.

danm you are right i was thinking about the old Lakrum, sad. Still getting used to all this crosserver BS.

9 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

danm you are right i was thinking about the old Lakrum, sad. Still getting used to all this crosserver BS.

Tell me about it, I had like 2 accounts full of SM located everywhere, those legendary mini bosses, and every camp.

During 6.2 I also had alts of my account located in cubicle lab locations, remember when people rushed to get in and many people either died to pvp or 24 people managed to get in? I usually was the first one to enter, since all I had to do was log my main in character selection and log the designated char and get in.

Instanced maps suck big fat unwashed athlete toe in a hot summer day marathon!

22 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Hello @skythee-DN , i know this is not what you, or any other player, that comes here to express their discontent with the game wants to hear.
  But complaints, suggestion and feedback adressing and implementing those changes is a slow process, and even slower in our region, so any of the changes you want are most like not going to happen anytime soon or never at all. 
  Another thing is that PvE instances located in conflict zones it is already an Aion feature, historicaly this was always been like this.

So this lead us for you to take 2 possible options:

A- The Easier one, quit Aion, and look for another game, that caters more to your playstyle, with Lower or No PvP risk.

B- The Harder one, improve yourself and take measures to acomplish your objective.

Now if your are willing to take option B, i can help you with that, and give you some advices.

1-  Timing

Try to arrange your in game activity schedule to match times with low population in the zones you need to go. 
  Just an example, Altars times. I'm not telling you don't participate in altars just to get inside HM, i'm saying if you quickly move right the second after altars ends, others zones are still going to be pretty empty, as players are still tangled up on some left over PvP, or doings quests or on queues to do quest, or afk waiting for altar shugos, Lakrum will be a lot safer.

2- Enemy Detection

Set your Compass/Minimap at maximum zoom out, this will give you a 360º and 90 meters range detection tool.
  Make 1 or even 2 enemy chats, one with enemy attacks and defence and another with enemy buffs. 
  This will give valuable info about how many enemies there are, wich classes they are, how strong they can be, and the important buffs they could use, like hide detection. 

3- Enemy Avoidance

With all the info above you can make decisions ahead of time to keep you alive, make a turn, and pick a differnt path to the location you need to reach. 
  But the other faction also benefits, from the ''Enemy Tab'' so for you to get there in one piece, just praying to be lucky is not going to work. You need to pay attention and don't make any ''Noise'', if you go around using potions, killing mobs, using buffs or running in a straight line aggroing every mob on the way and getting hit by them the enemy will know you are there really quickly, even without visual contact, as Chat range is around 110 meters.
  So if the enemy player is smart and read wich mob is hitting you they can pretty much pin point your location.

4- Diplomacy

5- Be Try Hard

Begginer version:  Make a second account, with a cleric, buff yourself with Hand of Reincarnation, when you are near the isntance, pop every single defensive skill you have and die at the entrance, wait a couple of minutes, enemy will eventually leave.

6- Better use of Hide

Use your Shadow Walk right before leaving the city, if there are enemies in the entrance, Mark them so you can control the distances between both of you, back away 110 meters and rebuff your hide if needed, that way no one will ever know you are there.

ok question, at this point how many of you took option A ? LMAO

thank you i been looking for the link for a translator since i came back to play a little while ago but could not find it for some reason thank you. :) and i went for B :)

Hi all,

TY for replies and participation. Very helpful info & advice much appreciated. I'll just clarify/comment a few points: Yes option B or I wouldn't post; my prob was not finding the mine to evaluate it so I'm OK if its a bit nerfed for AP more and it looks like its still worthwhile to pursue once I see how nerfed I am once I find it; appreciate the tips 1-4 and I'll explore these (for me new) possibilities although being in Sydney Australia I might already be as quiet a zone as can be for the few hours before reset - I think I may have done some weekend times that were busier to dc a lot and maybe not wise given the changes; tip 6 absolutely spot on I got dc 1st time since upgrade for using it on the run after leaving the city; yes I know the mine won't go back to a quite part of the Larkrum map in any hurry and it has always been PVP it's just busier now, maybe I would like it better if it was in one busy spot or on a random spawn like with the 6.2 cubic locations as mentioned, or maybe not ;) 

On 6/2/2020 at 5:06 PM, DevilNest-KT said:

Hello

4- Diplomacy

Yeah, no. 
Just, NO.

Never, ever in the history of ever has this on any character ever worked for me.

Even if I have clearly died on top of the instance entrance, cubic shugo or quest NPC. Even if my character is clearly an undergeared alt or never targeted the players who killed me or never even attempted to fight back.

I fully expect them to then sit in my corpse for the full 10mins to see if I self-res. (Apparently no one has anything better to do.) Or play peek-a-boo with the edge of my radar range so they can rush back in and slap me again if I don’t cancel the animation fast enough.
This BS behavior is one of the reasons I don’t attend siege. I don’t want the <Star Officer Kick Me> sign over my head to encourage this crap.

Some real advice:

Learn to hide a kisk really really well and expect to die. A LOT.

(And yes Devil, when I see your name attached to a skill in a text box I yeet the other way as fast as possible.)

20 minutes ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

Yeah, no. 
Just, NO.

Never, ever in the history of ever has this on any character ever worked for me.

i guess this means Eylos are meaner than Asmos? lol 

i never tried that strategy myself, but i know it can work. Because it worked against me, several times asmos used this method and i just let them be.

33 minutes ago, Shaidessa-KT said:

(And yes Devil, when I see your name attached to a skill in a text box I yeet the other way as fast as possible.)

ouch,i ain't that bad right? :x   
or am i ? >:(

4 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

i never tried that strategy myself, but i know it can work. Because it worked against me, several times asmos used this method and i just let them be.

I'm looking forward to when I can let them be, freely knowing I have some choice...occasionally in remote areas in full stealth i see em and let em be since its not in my mission focus.. i guess this is also because of my not knowing anything about "enemy chats" until now as per your tip, Devil.

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

ouch,i ain't that bad right? :x   
or am i ? >:(

@DevilNest-KT Anyone who has read the forums knows you’re stupidly overgeared. You should come with warning bells and a giant flashing sign that says <World Boss - Do Not engage>.

I play Asmo on KT and Elyos on DN. If I’m not running from you I’m dodging the PvP zerg that’s chasing you.

Sometimes people don't WANT to be left alone though lol. This morning, I was trying to flip a Lakrum camp by myself to finish my Lugbug daily from yesterday before reset. I was standing near an Elyos camp because the captain was not up yet. Two Elyos ran up, but I figured they were trying to turn in their camp quest, so I just ignored them. They attacked me, and I tried to just stand there, but they wouldn't stop. So I killed them. :( Idk why I felt bad about it when they attacked me first lol. :( 

Archived