Don't trust your shadow

Arhangelos

Here is a general advice in a game that is already going downhills, don't trust anyone.

Story time:
I was on Katalam doing some camps, I got me the Katalam weapon that gives you 250k HP and I was trolling a group of clarity (side note: do clarity people ever go anywhere solo or in a small group, or do they form a league to even do weeklies?), so I was there killing the camp commander of an elyos camp, and I get an invitation, I accepted him thinking there must be either a guy who needs to finish a quest killing the camp leader or someone who is ungeared and needs help with the weekly. I always accept blind invites near camps with weeklies aimlessly not even paying attention to the person inviting me because it is selfish to kill the mobs while more than one person can claim the kill to finish a quest. When I got the invitation the boss was already less than halfway down (it was a 2 star camp), I killed the boss and tried to loot it then realized the guy who invited me took the time to instantly change the loot to "Leader - normal" so only he could loot the camp commander.

Now now... the loot is literally nothing important, it is almost junk material, who cares about it. But take a moment and realize someone was there, invites you, and instead of trying to help with the cause, and then share any potential loot, he takes the time to really change the loot seconds before the boss dies! The specific boos/loot is irrelevant, it is how deep invested some people are in Aion to the point they need to do things like this, call me naive but I learned this today, I never in my life ever thought about taking advantage of loot from someone else like this. There is someone who's brain is fast at thinking like this.

Here my friend, enjoy the loot and the 5 minute fame.

JHmOpjM.jpg

(I checked the loot rights, it was Leader-normal, I didn't screenshot it then because I found it funny at that moment that he had to do such a low key act, then I thought let me share this story with the rest)

The crystals are valuable to anyone trying to level Renown in Katalam quickly. I had a similar situation where a player invited me as I was about to kill a commander, only to then have them roll on both crystal stacks instead of sharing it between us.

People are gross and greedy, but the devs are most at fault, why make systems where it is beneficial to PVP our own faction. This could've been party loot, World Bosses can drop a loot box for all participants. We are already up against the opposing faction, what's the point of making us fight amongst ourselves when we should be working together.

14 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Here is a general advice in a game that is already going downhills, don't trust anyone.

Story time:
I was on Katalam doing some camps, I got me the Katalam weapon that gives you 250k HP and I was trolling a group of clarity (side note: do clarity people ever go anywhere solo or in a small group, or do they form a league to even do weeklies?), so I was there killing the camp commander of an elyos camp, and I get an invitation, I accepted him thinking there must be either a guy who needs to finish a quest killing the camp leader or someone who is ungeared and needs help with the weekly. I always accept blind invites near camps with weeklies aimlessly not even paying attention to the person inviting me because it is selfish to kill the mobs while more than one person can claim the kill to finish a quest. When I got the invitation the boss was already less than halfway down (it was a 2 star camp), I killed the boss and tried to loot it then realized the guy who invited me took the time to instantly change the loot to "Leader - normal" so only he could loot the camp commander.

Now now... the loot is literally nothing important, it is almost junk material, who cares about it. But take a moment and realize someone was there, invites you, and instead of trying to help with the cause, and then share any potential loot, he takes the time to really change the loot seconds before the boss dies! The specific boos/loot is irrelevant, it is how deep invested some people are in Aion to the point they need to do things like this, call me naive but I learned this today, I never in my life ever thought about taking advantage of loot from someone else like this. There is someone who's brain is fast at thinking like this.

JHmOpjM.jpg

(I checked the loot rights, it was Leader-normal, I didn't screenshot it then because I found it funny at that moment that he had to do such a low key act, then I thought let me share this story with the rest)

source.gif

14 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Story time:

JHmOpjM.jpg

haha similar thing happened to me other day. Cleric friend and myself wiped a number of elyos at a level 2 elyos camp and got to captain to about 10% when this glad rolls up spamming invite and without thinking and generally as habit from lakrun camps I accepted and the guy literally rolled and won everything including duplicate keys. Sometimes it just not worth it to be considerate in this game when you have players like this out there.

Boyfriend and I were doing camps in Katalam yesterday. Three people rolled up, so we invited them out of the usual courtesy. We waited a few minutes for the captain to spawn. In that time, they actually left group and then tried to outdps us on the captain. Like...??? You could have stayed in group with us and been able to roll on the items, but instead you left so you could try to get the loot to yourselves and ended up fvcking yourselves.

Guys, it's not that critical. We'll all get our renown built up over time. You don't need to do it all in the first week. The processes will still be there.

2 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Boyfriend and I were doing camps in Katalam yesterday. Three people rolled up, so we invited them out of the usual courtesy. We waited a few minutes for the captain to spawn. In that time, they actually left group and then tried to outdps us on the captain. Like...??? You could have stayed in group with us and been able to roll on the items, but instead you left so you could try to get the loot to yourselves and ended up fvcking yourselves.

Guys, it's not that critical. We'll all get our renown built up over time. You don't need to do it all in the first week. The processes will still be there.

At least they tried to outdps you and cash up themselves. I wouldn't mind someone killing the captain instead of me, but this was lowkey lame.

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

source.gif

Take my loot, here, I am offering it to you... take it. RAAAAAAAWWWW TAKE IT I SAID!

WEaBYBX.jpg

Archived