Runestone Classes ?

Sweetzerlandia

3 hours ago, Sweetz-KT said:

Is there a resource online to help decipher which class uses which rune?  I have a vague idea, I thiiiink Patience and Justice work for cleric but I haven't seen all the options yet so I'd love to be pointed to some nice info if someone has some!  Thanks in advance ♥

This patch is still pretty frustrating to everyone. for example Cruel Demaha accessories are better overall than Dark Talon already (much more the starlight accessories or whatever they are called).

The runes are awful the way they implemented them, I have two cruel demaha items that have passive +2 in the skills, whatever I slot is already +2 of what it is!

I know I need to use the attack runes for extra attack, extra aoe attack and increase dmg. but for clerics it really must be tricky. There are some that give you a chance to get a buff for better recovery but the effect, I do not know, like does it increase healing boost?

10 hours ago, Sweetz-KT said:

Is there a resource online to help decipher which class uses which rune?  I have a vague idea, I thiiiink Patience and Justice work for cleric but I haven't seen all the options yet so I'd love to be pointed to some nice info if someone has some!  Thanks in advance ♥

Patience, Justice, Madness, Tenacity etc etc, those final tags are just to identify wich type of transformation they enhance, the extra skill they give its random, you need to manually look for the skill its usefull for your class, not for the tags.

For a Defensive Cleric:

rune_boostdefence.png Support: Critical Hit Damage Reduction
This works like old Strike/Spell Fortitude, reduces the crit multiplier of the enemy hitting you. For example, Magic classes have 1.5X multiplier, if you have this Rune +0 their crit will be 1.45X

cbt_cl_conversionenergy_g1.png Support: Increased Recovery
This buff is always active and improves Heals received by a % according you your rune enchantment, this works only to the heals the user receives, is not going to improve heals on your party members.

For the third rune you can pick wich one you like more, i think these are the best for defensive cleric.

rune_penetrate.png Boost: Immobilization Resistance Penetration

rune_penetrate.png Boost: Reduce Speed Resistance Penetration

rune_penetrate.png  Boost: Blindness Resistance Penetration

To help land some quick CC against enemies with resistances, like Glad, Temp, AT, Gunner.

For a DPS cleric just go with 3 attack runes

rune_powerboost.png Attack: Attack Increase   ( 5% chance to gain 400 attack)

rune_critboost.pngAttack: Critical Hit Increase  ( 5% chance to gain 800 crit )

rune_atk.pngAttack: Additional Strike  ( 10% chance to do X damage ) Works similar to old elemental damage godstones so the dmg is different from class to class i do like 23k dmg on PvE, 3k dmg on PvP

you can look for info on Aion Powerbook

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=runestone&go=Go

14 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Patience, Justice, Madness, Tenacity etc etc, those final tags are just to identify wich type of transformation they enhance, the extra skill they give its random, you need to manually look for the skill its usefull for your class, not for the tags.

For a Defensive Cleric:

rune_boostdefence.png Support: Critical Hit Damage Reduction
This works like old Strike/Spell Fortitude, reduces the crit multiplier of the enemy hitting you. For example, Magic classes have 1.5X multiplier, if you have this Rune +0 their crit will be 1.45X

cbt_cl_conversionenergy_g1.png Support: Increased Recovery
This buff is always active and improves Heals received by a % according you your rune enchantment, this works only to the heals the user receives, is not going to improve heals on your party members.

For the third rune you can pick wich one you like more, i think these are the best for defensive cleric.

rune_penetrate.png Boost: Immobilization Resistance Penetration

rune_penetrate.png Boost: Reduce Speed Resistance Penetration

rune_penetrate.png  Boost: Blindness Resistance Penetration

To help land some quick CC against enemies with resistances, like Glad, Temp, AT, Gunner.

For a DPS cleric just go with 3 attack runes

rune_powerboost.png Attack: Attack Increase   ( 5% chance to gain 400 attack)

rune_critboost.pngAttack: Critical Hit Increase  ( 5% chance to gain 800 crit )

rune_atk.pngAttack: Additional Strike  ( 10% chance to do X damage ) Works similar to old elemental damage godstones so the dmg is different from class to class i do like 23k dmg on PvE, 3k dmg on PvP

you can look for info on Aion Powerbook

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=runestone&go=Go

This is so incredibly helpful!  Thank you for taking so much time to lay it all out and explain it!  I'll be saving this post and checking it every time I need to use my runes! Thank you again!!

3 hours ago, Sweetz-KT said:

This is so incredibly helpful!  Thank you for taking so much time to lay it all out and explain it!  I'll be saving this post and checking it every time I need to use my runes! Thank you again!!

You should get the one that has silence resistance penetration, not the blindness. But yes that link to this site is very helpful

blindness is fine for cleric because blinding light and cleric doesn't have a silence skill outside a RNGesus proc on sheba but most people don't run the boost because the damage ones are just so broken. My vandal has a +2 on attack slot and I have a +5 additional strike in the slot and it hits for a disgutsting amount even on players

21 hours ago, Ereliya-KT said:

blindness is fine for cleric because blinding light and cleric doesn't have a silence skill outside a RNGesus proc on sheba but most people don't run the boost because the damage ones are just so broken. My vandal has a +2 on attack slot and I have a +5 additional strike in the slot and it hits for a disgutsting amount even on players

My bad, I thought it was a resistance to get silenced yourself, not to make it easier to silence the opponent.

I have made 5 Dark Talon Plumes so far hoping to get an attack slot and I keep getting support. At this rate I am simply quitting any effort to make my plume pvp-able.

and some of my cruel demaha feather accessories have a +2 on the slot too... it is insane how RNG the rune system is affected. Pure garbage.

~

Support this please, Loki takes notices on things like this
https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/6933-rune-slots-gem-slots-need-a-retuning-option/

Archived