Chanter PvE Role/Gear Questions!

Fest-DN

Here on behalf of my socially awkward Chanter: What are the role expectations (especially in Pugs) for Chanters in PvE? What kind of manastone socketing will be most beneficial for a full Sovereign set? Basically trying to work out the dps/support balance for most HM content.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Fest-DN said:

a full Sovereign set?

Ideally, you'll want two separate pve sets -- one for dpsing (attack/crit) and one for healing (HB/HP). If this is just your alt though, not sure how viable that will be for you. If you're only worried about PFHM 1st boss, SL normal mode, and middle-range pve instances like that, then just a dps set and a separate mace/shield will be good enough for you.

In regards to stigma set-up, you'll have to weigh the group and your own dps. Generally speaking, you'll want to be in Instigation spec stigmas a lot of the time unless you are in a full magic group and you have a cleric. Almost never will your dps be good enough to merit nerfing your group's physical classes' dps which benefit greatly from Word of Instigation. The only chanter on DN-A (I think I recognize your name from DN-A) who I think could actually say "my dps spec outweighs the dps of the rest of the group if I'm in Inspiration spec" is Eikure who commented above me. It's up to you though. Play how you want to play. :)

if i was to make an HB/HP set for pve, can i get away with using my pvp HB set accessories or is it better to use titan ones until something better comes along?

pvp accessories would have better bonuses HP/HB wise but less def than titan?? 

7 hours ago, Shiftie-DN said:

if i was to make an HB/HP set for pve, can i get away with using my pvp HB set accessories or is it better to use titan ones until something better comes along?

pvp accessories would have better bonuses HP/HB wise but less def than titan?? 

you don't need a HB / HP set for pve you can just use an attack set with your pvp accessories that's what i do

i have 1894 healing boost with luna

Every time I play chanter which since I rerolled templar I only play chanter to do pf hard and aoa nm each week then I log off it til the following week so Van and Eikure are the better ones for the question but support is your main role there isn't much you can do as far as dps you have to go hard in with very maxed gear to be good dps and you will never reach the sorc/sin/vandal/glad/sm group so if youre satisfied being around the bottom 3 in your group go for it but it makes the whole groups life so much easier if youre support and you just heal the instance. If youre newer like was said make a titan coin acc set with HB tunings and you can keep with the kata set for a regular dps set and just swap them. If it wasnt for me having almost all of the aoa set I prob wouldnt have a heal set now but I am main healer for all my groups instances. We have a sw who is support because she no longer wishes to play her cleric. I can easily heal out all the instances in dps set I still have 1524 HB before luna so if I do swap when healing is light I can keep up ok heals and my 2nd set which I use the full HB socketed set when I really need to heal I have 2362 HB also before luna I do too many resets to use luna for instances. I am always 6th in the group for dps but my group is very geared even if I was to go full dps I am at 22.6k atk and 6.3k crit even with that 1.5k HB I can't even come close to the dps of the rest of the group. I tried so hard on my chanter I have my runes +5 my gems are all shining and +5 all my daeva and stigmas are advanced and I can't reach their dps. I said before I dont have an ulti on my chanter account so maybe this is the issue but I have 70/82 xform so I have collections my cubics are 100% the chanter just doesn't have the dps to be top if I had ulti maybe Id be even with the sw and templar but def not in top 3. Again Van and Eikure are prob more experience than this rubbish chanter but this is what I have experienced and I put so much time 6hrs a day each day playing solo grinding and grinding since 6.X to be a good chanter and I see it is a support class and even if you go dps its better to just stay a support class

P.S. I love chanter with all my heart and I will continue to play it I started playing this game in KR shortly after it release and I made a mistake making a priest instead of mage and make a chanter not fully understanding the class but I fell in love. I have chanter tattoos on my wrists and on my back. I will always love the class and please don't feel like I am talking down about the class but if you are wishing to play a dps class chanter isn't really that class. Chanter for dps in pvp is fine you can play dps pvp but for pve its not the greatest I am not going to lie. So good luck and have fun I am glad to see the community of the chanters here on the forums

Thank you all so much for the replies and advice! For clarity I was asking on behalf of my group's chanter who, like the rest of my legion, is recently returned having been absent for the entirety of 6.0-7.2. We did very little PvE during 5.x and she was used to functioning almost exclusively in a DPS setup for PvP so all the HM content has been...eye opening. We were both like "man, there sure are a lot of support chanters now". I had no idea they had taken such a prominent healing role but that makes a lot of sense with how their skills have been tweaked since we last played. Watched your solo IDDHM healing vid as well @Vantheria-DN very impressive!

Thank you all for the advice!

2 hours ago, Fest-DN said:

Thank you all so much for the replies and advice! For clarity I was asking on behalf of my group's chanter who, like the rest of my legion, is recently returned having been absent for the entirety of 6.0-7.2. We did very little PvE during 5.x and she was used to functioning almost exclusively in a DPS setup for PvP so all the HM content has been...eye opening. We were both like "man, there sure are a lot of support chanters now". I had no idea they had taken such a prominent healing role but that makes a lot of sense with how their skills have been tweaked since we last played. Watched your solo IDDHM healing vid as well @Vantheria-DN very impressive!

Thank you all for the advice!

I'm going to kick your snowman over this winter.

15 hours ago, Fest-DN said:

but that makes a lot of sense with how their skills have been tweaked since we last played

It doesn't help that cleric heals continue to be nerfed, nerfed, nerfed with each patch. They're about to be nerfed again when Ripple of Healing's CD increases to 12 seconds and when Noble Grace no longer gives 50% recovery and only gives an HP boost instead. RIP Noble Grace, you were loved. Also, there's a lot of jumping around in these endgame instances, and it's tough for clerics to stand still to charge their main healing skill. Chanters have a lot more mobility while healing which makes it easier.

15 hours ago, Fest-DN said:

Watched your solo IDDHM healing vid as well @Vantheria-DN very impressive!

Thank you, but IDDHM is actually fairly easy to heal! More chanters should try it; I think they'd be surprised how simple it is since most of the time it's just one or two people taking damage. I'd say AoA is actually tougher in regards to overall group damage level.

On 7/16/2020 at 9:59 AM, Vantheria-DN said:

It doesn't help that cleric heals continue to be nerfed, nerfed, nerfed with each patch. They're about to be nerfed again when Ripple of Healing's CD increases to 12 seconds and when Noble Grace no longer gives 50% recovery and only gives an HP boost instead. RIP Noble Grace, you were loved. Also, there's a lot of jumping around in these endgame instances, and it's tough for clerics to stand still to charge their main healing skill. Chanters have a lot more mobility while healing which makes it easier.

Yeah it's a really strange dynamic that they seem to be pushing, kinda bumming my group's chanter out. She liked having the option to spec into support if we needed it and it's really feeling like the only option now. My cleric also saw this and was very sad about Noble Grace lol.

inb4 all my healers reroll D:

On 7/15/2020 at 8:40 PM, Alice-KT said:

I'm going to kick your snowman over this winter.

Things that never change:

1. War

2. Aion

3. Alice's misplaced snowman aggression

• 3 weeks later...

Archived