Frigid/Merciless/Arctic bitter tunic - what difference?

EnemyOfGod-KT

Sorry, I didn't find a detailed explanation to the difference between " skill appearances" of Ice Dragon Scale skills in these tunics (as well as in any jackets), so I don't know which jacket to choose when opening  Ereshkigal's Armor Box. Some source say, Frigid tunic has shock resistance, Merciless tunic has increase of movement speed, their pictures of skills are blue, Arctic tunic has a green picture of the skill. Do they look different? In which way? Do they have different properties? What property is considered most useful? Can anyone please show me a video of these skills in action and give an explanation of their effects?

mE0RTlX.png

Also, is Ereshkigal's armor  any better in stats than Ultimate Heartguard armor sold in Gelkmaros? Is Sovereign armor any better? We are having Chocolate hearts event  earning Event Coins. For what goods do people usually want to spend these coins?  For example, Sovereign armor box costs 600 Event Coins, it's  quite expensive, compared with Ultimate Heartguard armor, Sovereign weapon  box is still much more expensive (1200 coins?) and Accessories still more. I think, it's not reasonable price ratios, cause accessories have much less stats than weapon and even armor.

1 minute ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Ereshkigal torso armor have skin skill, which when used as appearance item, the skin skill is given to the appearance target.

List of equipment with skin skills

Thanks. Yeah, I understand how gear's appearance sometimes has skills in it, with 5 min cooldown. (Thunder Dragon King, Brilliant Fire Dragon King).  Then my question is, what's the nature of the skills that Ereshkigal's jackets have? Which one is "stronger"?

Weapon (5,000 water damage, 5 minute cooldown, Acc mod +9,000)

• Arctic (Type A): Received healing -30% (4 seconds)
  • Frigid (Type B): Snare 80%
  • Merciless (Type C): Physical/Magical Defense -500 (15 seconds)

Armor

• Arctic (Type A): 2% proc chance
    • PvE / PvP Defense +400 (5 seconds)
  • Frigid (Type B): 1% proc chance
    • +300 stun-like effects resistance (3 seconds)
  • Merciless (Type C): 2% proc chance
    • Movement speed +30% (8 seconds)

3 minutes ago, TheSecretCowLeve-KT said:

Weapon (5,000 water damage, 5 minute cooldown, Acc mod +9,000)

• Arctic (Type A): Received healing -30% (4 seconds)
  • Frigid (Type B): Snare 80%
  • Merciless (Type C): Physical/Magical Defense -500 (15 seconds)

Armor

• Arctic (Type A): 2% proc chance
    • PvE / PvP Defense +400 (5 seconds)
  • Frigid (Type B): 1% proc chance
    • +300 stun-like effects resistance (3 seconds)
  • Merciless (Type C): 2% proc chance
    • Movement speed +30% (8 seconds)

Thanks. So, 2% proc effect means that when I click on the skill, what happens? 2% that the described effect will occur, but what if it doesn't, what's happens in the rest 98% cases??

The skills do not activate that often imo. I rarely see that green defense icon activate on my bar. Not to say you shouldn't get the armor, but it sounds like you are a new/returning player, and these Ereshkigal armor boxes can be expensive. So I wouldn't waste a lot of kinah on them as there are much more important things for new/returning players to worry about.

13 hours ago, EnemyOfGod-KT said:

For what goods do people usually want to spend these coins?

Most people use the event coins to buy the ancient and legendary transformations and stigma enchantment stones. Note, you can only buy the legendary transformation once. Well, technically you can buy it more than once, but don't because it needs a key to open, and you can only get the key once.

Wings

• Arctic (Type A) - 2% proc chance on your attacks (skill)
    • PvE and PvP Attack +400 (5 seconds)
  • Frigid (Type B) - 2% proc chance on your attacks (skill)
    • Physical and Magical crit +1,000 (5 seconds)
  • Merciless (Type C) - 1% proc chance on your attacks (skill)
    • Boost Skill Casting Time -50% (3 seconds)
    • Attack speed reduction 25%

On 2/22/2021 at 6:38 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

The skills do not activate that often imo. I rarely see that green defense icon activate on my bar. Not to say you shouldn't get the armor, but it sounds like you are a new/returning player, and these Ereshkigal armor boxes can be expensive. So I wouldn't waste a lot of kinah on them as there are much more important things for new/returning players to worry about.

Most people use the event coins to buy the ancient and legendary transformations and stigma enchantment stones. Note, you can only buy the legendary transformation once. Well, technically you can buy it more than once, but don't because it needs a key to open, and you can only get the key once.

I'm a very old player, but I don't know every detail about every type of gear. I played passively for some months (like Luna, enchantment stone upgrading, the easy part of Lugbug quests, Snowball event, things like that, without real action, cause problems of rl distracted me a lot and made me tired.  The Chocolate Hearts event stimulated me to go out and kill mobs, at last.  What is better by stats,  Ultimate Heartguard or Sovereign? Some of my toons got some pieces of Sovereign (for 600 event coins) long ago, when surveys and staying online gave many Event coins,  others got Ultimate Heartguard recently, but I still didn't manage to compare the stats of those and these, because those Sovereign pieces  are  a bit enchanted, a bit socketed, while Ultimate Heartguard are all different cause they open with random optional stats and are retunable, so I don't know how to compare them.  I appreciate the fact that Ultimate Heartguard are very cheap to buy and give many socket stones when extracted :) . How good is it to have the Renown lev 4 and higher!  :) I found out  that Ultimate Heartguard have exactly same "main" stats (what is above the optional stats) as what we had in Gelkmaros for Titan coins on the previous patch. I can't estimate whether their optional stats are same or different. So, I earned 600+ event coins in this chocolate hearts event on several toons, that was very much work farming mobs, I thought about buying Sovereign armor box, but as their renown grew, they got easily  able to buy Heartguard pve gear , so now I don't know whether I will want to buy Sovereign armor boxes, they are so expensive, are they worth it when we have Heartguard?

Also, strangely, I can't find the appearance of Sovereign  gear when I search with google. It gives me irrelevant results. So if someone helps me see such pictures I'll appreciate it! I saw far not all of them. it requires to buy a box before I can preview  the parts of armor.

44 minutes ago, EnemyOfGod-KT said:

Also, strangely, I can't find the appearance of Sovereign  gear when I search with google. It gives me irrelevant results. So if someone helps me see such pictures I'll appreciate it! I saw far not all of them. it requires to buy a box before I can preview  the parts of armor.

You can open the item guide from the menu (F10) and preview the gears on your current toon.

9 hours ago, EnemyOfGod-KT said:

What is better by stats,  Ultimate Heartguard or Sovereign?

Sovereign. The Heartguard gear is just meant to be starter gear until you can get the better stuff.

How good is it to have the Renown lev 4 and higher! 

It's pretty important for your main town (Gelkmaros or Inggison). There are lots of good things to buy from the renown merchant.

I thought about buying Sovereign armor box, but as their renown grew, they got easily  able to buy Heartguard pve gear , so now I don't know whether I will want to buy Sovereign armor boxes, they are so expensive, are they worth it when we have Heartguard?

For alts that you barely play? No, just take the Heartguard stuff. For your main toon? Yes, you will need Sovereign.

25 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Sovereign. The Heartguard gear is just meant to be starter gear until you can get the better stuff.

It's pretty important for your main town (Gelkmaros or Inggison). There are lots of good things to buy from the renown merchant.

For alts that you barely play? No, just take the Heartguard stuff. For your main toon? Yes, you will need Sovereign.

Thank you! Although, very much depends on enchanting and especially socketing. A "worse" piece of gear, socketed with Crit strike/magic attack, enchanted,  can be better than  an empty "good" piece. Why an armor piece costs 600 event coins, and a ultimate manastone selection box  like 460 or 490 coins?  And an Ultimate enchantment stone too? 1 piece of gear has 3 manastone slots and possibility of +15 for enchantment, so the stones cost much higher than the gear itself.  same goes to the gear and stones for exp marks. A weapom costs 6 e.m., an Ultimat ench. stone costs 15 e.m.  

BTW, are there Ultimate manastone selection boxes  anywhere  in Renown stores for exp marks? I looked in Gelkmaros and didn't find. I found not higher than Legendary manastone selection boxes. 

1 hour ago, EnemyOfGod-KT said:

BTW, are there Ultimate manastone selection boxes  anywhere  in Renown stores for exp marks? 

Yes, the Silentera Canyon renown level 7 has it. That is the only renown NPC that is not located in Gelk with the others. This one is located just inside the entrance to Silentera Canyon (before you jump off the ledge). You can only buy 1 per week though.

Archived