..so ... i went back to the game, but what?

NandoGommez

so i just got back after 2 ~ 3 years, and this is the first time in my life that i've seen a game remove content instead of adding new content.

i got level 80 in 1 day !!

boy, removed half the game? The entire game was practically deleted!

I went back to playing after about 2 ~ 3 years, and my expectation was for a game full of new content, when in reality I arrived at heiron still level 10, and I said "What ???"

What happened here?

I spent years of my life playing this game, I'm sorry for the outburst, but this is disappointing.

5 hours ago, NandoGommez said:

i got level 80 in 1 day !!

Level 1-79 is just the new 1-10 mostly-solo tutorial sequence. All of the content and community is at L80.

I went back to playing after about 2 ~ 3 years, and my expectation was for a game full of new content.

We have new PVE dungeons and objectives in Ingg/Gelkmaros, new maps include Lakrum, Crimsom Katalam [retro map but touched up and new objectives/minigames], Demaha, Timeless Terrace, etc.

There are new system changes which can be confusing to read about but in practice are fairly simple. Go to the Hungry Hatchlings event page on the website to learn how to participate and get a free "Legendary Transformation" for your account -- this will be a permenant unlock which drastically improves your gameplay and abilities. You can also farm random ones from the Picnic Panic (both end on May 12th).

What happened here?

Short version:
1. Beritra silenced Tiamat's call for help resulting in her death, which he considered revenge for her having murdered Apsu.
2. Beritra destroys Tiamaranta [the old Balurea maps] in "The Upheaval" to raise from the pits of the ocean the Drakanspire Depths to try and take an imprisoned Ereshkigal's power.
3. Beritra is stopped and escapes but Ereshkigal's essence is freed and she is eventually revived by her legion of Harvester witches.
4. Ereshkigal's legion pierces the aetheric protections of Sanctum and Pandaemonium, attacking them both and resulting in significant damage.
5. Ereshkigal shatters the Reshanta (abyss) continents and sends the shards falling onto Elysea/Asmodae as the "Day of Tempest" mass-extinction event. Some lands were saved thanks to a sacrifice of a great power called the Archdaeva.

That's basically what happened to the older maps.

TL;DR they *destroyed* the maps because the maps in question  became pretty much useless (unless you wanted to take screenshots in a pretty place or something).

Sometimes they recycle things from these old maps in new patches (maps,  instances, mobs), so the deleted parts are just backup plan/scenarios for "new" content they call revamp or whatever. TBH, it's actually really smart no having to invest so much in a game that will eventually die.  

T.rash gotta be recycled I guess. lol

3 hours ago, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Short version:
1. Beritra silenced Tiamat's call for help resulting in her death, which he considered revenge for her having murdered Apsu.
2. Beritra destroys Tiamaranta [the old Balurea maps] in "The Upheaval" to raise from the pits of the ocean the Drakanspire Depths to try and take an imprisoned Ereshkigal's power.
3. Beritra is stopped and escapes but Ereshkigal's essence is freed and she is eventually revived by her legion of Harvester witches.
4. Ereshkigal's legion pierces the aetheric protections of Sanctum and Pandaemonium, attacking them both and resulting in significant damage.
5. Ereshkigal shatters the Reshanta (abyss) continents and sends the shards falling onto Elysea/Asmodae as the "Day of Tempest" mass-extinction event. Some lands were saved thanks to a sacrifice of a great power called the Archdaeva.

Shorter version:

They wanted to delete 90% of the game so they made up a lore behind it and pretend it was "because of the story" as if they aren't those who make the story whatever they want it to be.

I honestly think you came back at the worst time. Simply because almost all active players already have legendary transformation complete and prolly 1 or 2 ultimate transformations, S Minion or even SS. But, there´s more: We got amazing events in these past year or 2, and that gave us the chance to finally get all stigmas advanced, etc-

And groups are very selective now if not all premade. So if your not geared sovereign +15 etc, you ll be playing mostly solo.

So If you are going to start from scratch... Uhm... I would wait another year or so. Since, from what I heard, when 8.0 arrives you would be able to create a new character and jump to 80 with all stigmas class related +9. 

Anyways, thats my personal opinion.

Cheers

14 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Shorter version:

They wanted to delete 90% of the game so they made up a lore behind it and pretend it was "because of the story" as if they aren't those who make the story whatever they want it to be.

Literally nobody is suggesting that maps were deleted because of the way the story went. OP's post suggested that he is aware they have been removed, so "what happened here?" was answered with the information that he didn't already have.

14 hours ago, Slevia-KT said:

I honestly think you came back at the worst time. Simply because almost all active players already have legendary transformation complete and prolly 1 or 2 ultimate transformations, S Minion or even SS. But, there´s more: We got amazing events in these past year or 2, and that gave us the chance to finally get all stigmas advanced, etc-

@NandoGommez can still make use of the current events to get up to 25 legendary transformations and an S grade minion. A few weeks ago would be a more prime time to come back, but this moment is not without its benefits.

And groups are very selective now if not all premade. So if your not geared sovereign +15 etc, you ll be playing mostly solo.

Basically, just join a legion and be social. Make friends and community connections and they'll help you on your way.

So If you are going to start from scratch... Uhm... I would wait another year or so. Since, from what I heard, when 8.0 arrives you would be able to create a new character and jump to 80 with all stigmas class related +9.

Firm disagree in my opinion. If your train of thought is "I want to play again" then start right now. No matter when you start, you will be behind everyone else who never stopped and the only way you'll catch up is by just starting and sticking with it until you're up to speed with everyone else in the game. Progress is exponential, so there's no strategy in giving your competing players more time to pull ahead of you :P In the time between now and 8.0, you'll be able to close all the gear/item gaps that @Slevia-KTmentioned.

Also that stigma/jump thing is (as far as I know) just a promotional period in KR similar to the jump events we've had in NA. In that regard, do not assume that we'll get it too. I hope we do, but I am not going to bet on it since KR and NA/EU's Aions differ immensely.

On 5/3/2021 at 9:14 AM, AriaTheMelodious-DN said:

Level 1-79 is just the new 1-10 mostly-solo tutorial sequence. All of the content and community is at L80.

We have new PVE dungeons and objectives in Ingg/Gelkmaros, new maps include Lakrum, Crimsom Katalam [retro map but touched up and new objectives/minigames], Demaha, Timeless Terrace, etc.

There are new system changes which can be confusing to read about but in practice are fairly simple. Go to the Hungry Hatchlings event page on the website to learn how to participate and get a free "Legendary Transformation" for your account -- this will be a permenant unlock which drastically improves your gameplay and abilities. You can also farm random ones from the Picnic Panic (both end on May 12th).

Short version:

You forgot something really important dear...

Elys visit asmos every day at Gelkmaros to check if they are looting flowers due long boring period due the last event. :D

Im still trying to understand how you became so strong in the last months  :´(

On 5/6/2021 at 8:00 AM, Itzmin-DN said:

Im still trying to understand how you became so strong in the last months  :´(

It's exactly my point above; you just have to make your start and keep progressing rather than waste time waiting for a golden opportunity to fall into your hands. In fewer words: if you want to be stronger tomorrow, start today.

Archived