Anyone else having fun still?

Guest Zuva

Sure people are crying and getting emotionally involved, but there's a limit to what the whales can do, not many are going to do it maxed out, and the few who do probably won't effect you playing the game. Those kinds would probably buy their Kinah elsewhere anyways, and realistically probably will either way.

So don't let that ruin a fun experience you could be having!!!

Guest Ariel
16 minutes ago, Guest Zuva said:

Sure people are crying and getting emotionally involved, but there's a limit to what the whales can do, not many are going to do it maxed out, and the few who do probably won't effect you playing the game. Those kinds would probably buy their Kinah elsewhere anyways, and realistically probably will either way.

So don't let that ruin a fun experience you could be having!!!

I believe the players are more disappointed that it is kinda officially sanctioned by the provider and not really that some people buy kinah, which they would do either way one way or the other.

17 minutes ago, Guest Ariel said:

I believe the players are more disappointed that it is kinda officially sanctioned by the provider and not really that some people buy kinah, which they would do either way one way or the other.

I agree! I thought there was going to be zero P2W, and I'm disappointed that Kinah could be bought. It feels like they've failed at something here.

My guess is that it was apart of their monetization plan and doing it at launch was seen as better than waiting till later to add it in.

I'm glad there is a level 10+ trade restriction, which would make it very time consuming to abuse the method.

I think there is still hope for us to enjoy the game! 🙂

48 minutes ago, Coheed said:

Loving the game! Played 11 hours straight yesterday lol - lovely wife made me dinner and brought it to my desk ❤️ 

ye same here bro, lucky our wifes are so cool ❤️ 

Guest Wgdays

Yes, I'm having fun. Cash shops always have this reaction even if they're completely innocent (which honestly, I think this one is...money isn't that hard to come by in Aion). 

Been having a blast not worrying about what other people do with their money. There will always be someone faster/richer/better than you in MMO's, so who cares?

7 minutes ago, Guest Wgdays said:

Yes, I'm having fun. Cash shops always have this reaction even if they're completely innocent (which honestly, I think this one is...money isn't that hard to come by in Aion). 

Been having a blast not worrying about what other people do with their money. There will always be someone faster/richer/better than you in MMO's, so who cares?

+1

Guest Ameterasu

Hello,

Had so much fun last night. Was only able to get to lvl12 but during that time it was greeting watching people reminisce about the og launch and such. 

I'm having a blast myself.  Already know where I'm going, and what I'm gonna do when I get there.  Already had some folks try and gank me.. didn't work out real well for 'em.

The last "Bittena" made it up to General.  I ain't scared of no PvP!  That one was a Aethertech.. this one is a Pali.. and I've already done a tad touch of tank and spank.  That sin never had a chance once I recovered from his first stun..  Now to dive into todays session!

• Aion Team

Yayy! Warms my heart to see this more positive thread. I'm doing my best to forward your feedback, but just want to say your willingness to enjoy the game despite the perceived obstacles is really great.

Hope you have a ton of fun today ❤️

3 hours ago, Guest Wgdays said:

+1000000000 Kinah :)

Let's start saying that I started playing aion retail 1 year ago. So, classic is something new somehow and oh boy! I'm loving it.

• The leveling experience is just superb, step by step with skills and gear as it should be.
  • The movement and attack speed is design to keep you online for hours.
  • The quests are designed to explore the maps and pass thru every type of monster.
  • Sure the graphics are not that good, but there are so many beautiful details.
  • Seing so many players without lag is just the cherry on the top.
  • Looking forward to experience pvp, heard it is the best of the best.

My conclusion is that classic is much more enjoyable if you don't rush and just let your brain be immerse in such a fantastic world. Feeling like that scene of the movie ratatouille.

12 minutes ago, Yolento said:

The quests are designed to explore the maps and pass thru every type of monster

...killing mobs manually gives more XP. It took me many hours to go to level 9 to get the profession, then I realized all I had to do was kill mobs and stop trying to do quests. I forgot that truth about old aion.

Guest PastToPresentAionFallacy

Generally the player base— casual and newer players alike are enjoying  the experience  Aion brings. Which is good to hear.

But Quite a few competitive players and the majority of the end game, PVP focused player base have played a bunch of NCSoft titles and Retail Aion specially—see a glaring issue of the past failures of a company not listening to its community.

Of course, I like Aion and enjoyed the experience many of you are currently diving into—but… I already worry about the direction and blatant methods of cash transactions the game already has. Aion retail slowly suffered from p2w after going free to play, and many have quit over the years. 
These methods of creating revenue for NCSoft just bring up warning signs that the publisher did not listen to players at all and are on par with the  course of history repeating itself.

it may seem like whining, but there is a history behind the reason why Aion died in the first place that I don’t want to see happen again. 

in the end, yeah… I decided not to sub to this game. You guys can repeat history once again to see for yourselves. When you become invested and go from a casual player to a long term player who wants to make sure their time spent grinding/learning/building around the game are undermined by the newest event to take our your credit cards. And when you voice your concerns to NCsoft about not making your time spent useless by adding direct kinah or gearing/enchant methods, it will fall on deaf ears.

4 hours ago, Guest PastToPresentAionFallacy said:

Of course, I like Aion and enjoyed the experience many of you are currently diving into—but… I already worry about the direction and blatant methods of cash transactions the game already has. Aion retail slowly suffered from p2w after going free to play, and many have quit over the years. 
These methods of creating revenue for NCSoft just bring up warning signs that the publisher did not listen to players at all and are on par with the  course of history repeating itself.

You may be right. Fingers crossed though, I hope for the best. I think they have the 2 weeks to make a stance against whales and apologize to their fanbase. I don't know why NcSoft would want that when the whales are throwing money at them and the majority of their fanbase appears to hate them religiously though. Looks like a bitter relationship with the same cycle every game. I don't know how it started, but it's unfortunate when good games get thrown under the bus. It may be too late for things to change, but fingers crossed.

Archived