nc soft pls respond to candy drama

Guest helleaven

2 hours ago, Guest helleaven said:

NCsoft can you guys pls respond to drama around candys?

They did on the Discord server. Kibbelz told us that the dev team does not see the candies as an exploit, bug, or issue at all. He's trying, but they aren't listening.

Guest feels bad

Kibblez said he relied the message and that was the response. So deal or quit.Can't see this game lasting long

• Aion Team

Hey ya'll, yeah I've tried discussing the topic in the relevant threads, will happily share details here as well!

So, first off it seems there are a lot of rumors in this area circling around. What I've been able to verify is that last December, an exploit using Tough Pink Tiger Candy was discovered in Korea's Classic. The exploit was so egregious that players who leveraged that exploit had their accounts permanently banned.

However, that really doesn't seem related to what's going on in the West. This isn't any kind of manipulative exploit.

Nevertheless, I'm making sure that feedback is passed up to the relevant teams. I did a lengthy write-up on this this morning, and included screenshots from the community reddit poll, and more.

In the end, the team will need to weigh what's best for the game. I really appreciate all the threads which have been calling for a measured response, because.. I'll be honest, the extremely vitriolic reactions even impacts our emotional perspective internally. I can only imagine how it impacts more "casual" players. So thanks for having reasoned discussions on this - I'll keep sharing everything I can collect.

Guest erew44

@Kibbelz: Maybe you can make an ingame survey? My personal experience is that complaining players post way more on forums than those happy (they just play the game). Btw. - my feedback is: The candies are not that bad as people crying over here. It's better you are selling Kinah than those bots. There will always be a big demand for buying Kinah (it was the same back in 2009) because of the game design (for me that's perfectly ok)

• Arctic locked and unlocked this topic
Guest Sioda
36 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

I can only imagine how it impacts more "casual" players. 

To quote Maya Angelou, "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."

Sorry, Kibbelz, but your employers showed us who they are when they set a $30 price tag on the Daeva pass. 

I'm ex-WoW, current XIV subscriber who hadn't really heard of Aion until I saw ads for the classic launch.

I played a bunch of Aion yesterday, got a character up to level 11, went to bed, played a little bit more and uninstalled the game.  The frame rate is buggy, level 10-11 has ludicrous amounts of running around for quests and there's a miasma of aggressively-marketed BUY CASH SHOP STUFF NOW covering the whole experience.  Thanks for the free trial but no thanks.

1 hour ago, Kibbelz said:

Hey ya'll, yeah I've tried discussing the topic in the relevant threads, will happily share details here as well!

So, first off it seems there are a lot of rumors in this area circling around. What I've been able to verify is that last December, an exploit using Tough Pink Tiger Candy was discovered in Korea's Classic. The exploit was so egregious that players who leveraged that exploit had their accounts permanently banned.

However, that really doesn't seem related to what's going on in the West. This isn't any kind of manipulative exploit.

Nevertheless, I'm making sure that feedback is passed up to the relevant teams. I did a lengthy write-up on this this morning, and included screenshots from the community reddit poll, and more.

In the end, the team will need to weigh what's best for the game. I really appreciate all the threads which have been calling for a measured response, because.. I'll be honest, the extremely vitriolic reactions even impacts our emotional perspective internally. I can only imagine how it impacts more "casual" players. So thanks for having reasoned discussions on this - I'll keep sharing everything I can collect.

In the end, the team will need to weigh what's best for the game. 

So the best for the game is when you sell Kinah for real money so whales can buy all the mats they need, which will btw. also increase the price for items that are required to upgrade your gear etc. while those that "only" pay $15 a month for the sub will grind their asses off. Yeah, thats the best for the game. 

2 hours ago, Ashtar-KT said:

I'd rather see people buying the candies and selling them for kinah than for the kinah sellers to make any money whatsoever. Wouldn't even surprise me if some of the people opposing the candy were the kinah sellers themselves. 

Why?  It's not like NC is going to magically start putting more money into the game, look at retail.  At least if they kept the candies out then they could've kept a lot of players meaning lots of sub money to put in better security measures against kinah selling, bots, hackers, etc.  A dream though, look at how p2w the retail version is and they don't even bother doing it there either.  This version looks like it will go the same exact route except they won't even have to put in as much work because most of it's already done.

14 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

In the end, the team will need to weigh what's best for the game.

They should hurry, while there still is the game.  If they manage to chase away everyone now will excesive milking, it will be the same people who order to close the game few months later for "low interest".  Its like that meme, guy shoots the other one and asks "Who killed Aion??"

While I dont think its problem of cataclysmic scale like some people present it, Id still advice to close the "Candy shop" sooner than later, or at least severely limit some aspects. Especially trading the item should be blocked asap, in other thread you can find about how people set private shop and sell it that way to bypass vendor limits.

Guest Ariel

Would you mind sharing the discord?
Somehow this board does not work properly unless creating an account, which on the other hand does not work unless I own a level 10+ character on retail.

Guest Angel

I was hoping for Aion classic for about five years together with a few friends who also stopped retail.

Finally the announcement spreat and even tho the exciement decreased over the years while waiting, we started our journey last wednesday in high hopes. The candy scandal itself was not a big deal for us - shit happnes - until we read the official response about it working as intended. Such a sad and abrupt end to our hopes. Eleven players less, better performance for the rest I suppose.

I still wish everyone a good time ingame and a great experience.

Guest Goodbye
10 hours ago, Ashtar-KT said:

I'd rather see people buying the candies and selling them for kinah than for the kinah sellers to make any money whatsoever. Wouldn't even surprise me if some of the people opposing the candy were the kinah sellers themselves. 

So what do you suggest people who NCsoft does not value their time spent do about inflating the  kinah ingame artificially with candy? Out of thin air. 

do we just quit because we’re losers who can’t afford whatever bullsht excuse for an company side kinah selling mechanic?

might as well implement it for what it is—- Buy kinah 3mil for 11$ option, 30mil for $109.99 in the cash shop then. Next to the icon that says “Siel’s blessing”.

12 hours ago, Ashtar-KT said:

Problem with ..Kinah Sellers, is that they have.. limited power, aka they can't farm unlimited Kinah. Secondly, THEY farm, aka they play the game ( manually, bots .. ), but they play it. They don't magically add Kinah into the servers like NcSoft Candies are. 3rd, they are illegal. If NcSoft would do THEIR work and ban this accounts, especially when they have many Kinah in their accounts, well .. they will be left with a smaller amount of Kinah.

If you can't see that this is a REAL problem, then I'm afraid you are part of the problem, aka you are buying Kinah from NcSoft. 

I will leave this here

Today a whale(i have his name but privacy intended for him, don’t tell me I made this up) in eltnen sold 750+ candys in private shop and advertised to players in lfg for 65k/candy.  Bypassing the daily kinah limit. This guy restocked 3 separate times. 

Is from another topic from this forums. If you STILL don't see a issue here, oh well .. you deserve each-other ( you and NcSoft ).

1 hour ago, Guest Angel said:

until we read the official response about it working as intended. Such a sad and abrupt end to our hopes. Eleven players less, better performance for the rest I suppose.

I'm in the same boat as far as my feelings about the candies being left as is but I'm not sure I understand the "welp, better uninstall". At most a whale can purchase themselves some instance gear that a successful group is selling and some medals depending on how the medal market turns out. What makes me sad is that Aion literally requires nothing of you to level or gear yourself outside of effort and time. An inflated market, while not great, doesn't require you to print money to catch up but rather forces you into the natural kinah generators the game offers through crafting, world drops, and selling loot rights. That kinah will circulate. Seems like a waste to hang up your hat at the prospect of some whale getting into PvP gear slightly faster than they otherwise would have. It likely wouldn't even be much faster than a person actively sieging and crafting/gathering/hunting for their kinah to supplement their medal stack.

Looking at how P2W changed the 5.0 era onwards there was essentially no upper limit to what large quantities of money could buy you (like +30~ gear) but that's not the case here. The most anyone is going to get is their 50e with appropriate crafted/instance weapons. That's it. Same as everyone else. Hard ceiling. If they get there faster than you...I mean who cares? It's another person's gear. Not even mentioning that there is another relatively locked currency associated with that gear being AP. We're talking weeks minimum for anyone to pull in the required AP to pick up that gear. 

I guess I understand it from a "sign of things to come" point of view but I'm seeing a lot of posts from a lot of guest accounts saying how excited they were to play Aion now suddenly jumping ship because someone might get some gear faster than them? I sincerely doubt 99% of long absent players even fully understand what is going on here and just assume kinah = PvP gear which it absolutely does not.

Obligatory I think candies are garbage and should be, at minimum, made untradeable immediately to mitigate further damage to the economy. Players circumventing the 1m/day vendor limit to amass wealth should be warned or banned depending on severity as that is, in my view, an exploitative practice.

Archived