So if you used a name change ticket then request your name you're SOL?

Rag-DN

So it appears if you logged in, attempted to get your name by using the name change ticket but your name was taken so you choose a different name then submit a ticket about wanting your original name back NCsoft will tell you that they can't do it because you have already used your name change ticket..... 

For example, lets say your name was John. Server merger happens. You login, use name change ticket to rename yourself John but it tells you the name is already taken. As a placeholder so you can use ingame functions (As in-game functions are limited if you have #s in your name) you set your name to Snow. Now you take the time to write a ticket to NCsoft about wanting your name restored to John because that's the name you've had for 12 years and you know it's going to take NCsoft a week or more to reply. They reply saying, "Sorry you weren't supposed to use that name change ticket if you couldn't get the name you wanted, so now you are Snow."

This whole merger is a giant mess and the customers that are affected are getting 0 sympathy or instructions from NCwest. Those that tried to pre-emptively send in tickets to reserve their names were told we weren't allowed to do that. We were just told to submit tickets after logging in if we couldn't select our names. Nowhere in the instructions did it say, "DON'T USE THE NAME CHANGE TICKET OR YOU'RE SCREWED" 

@Kibbelz Instructions were very unclear in this matter for the player base. Can you reach out to support to see if they will amend how they are POORLY handling this situation?

PS FURTHER INSULT TO INJURY: On my character they restored one of my names, but placed it on the WRONG character despite the fact I clearly stated what character I wanted it on. I re-submitted a ticket stating they made this mistake and gave clear instructions on what toon that was supposed to get the name. Now they replied telling me they would have to use one of my restore tokens in order to do this despite the fact that this was their screw up to begin with!  Like seriously NCwest.... NYERK!!!

4 hours ago, Rag-DN said:

Now they replied telling me they would have to use one of my restore tokens in order to do this despite the fact that this was their screw up to begin with!  Like seriously NCwest.... NYERK!!!

Lmao they make the mistake and then sell you the solution or you pay with your tokens.😅

At least, they gave you back some of your names.

Most people on Katalam got their names reset into generic numerated names and without rename ticket.  And the GMs replied that it is as intended... and that they cannot give rename tickets nor our names back.

I requestes one name back for only one of my characters and i havent got any kind of problem decribed here. Just identified the character, the name,  that had put a similar format to the name with the ticket but pefered to be corrected, and stated wich patch i got it firt time. They answered that they could do it  if i wished to proceed, and that, of course, i had used the token so 1 point would be removed, what doesnt bother me at all. So i got my name corrected at correct character in a time frame of 18 hours.

@Kibbelz I'm sorry but restoration ticket thing is bs.What you expect us to do without name? We can't joing group with random names. I'm still trying to get my old name. You should give us our old names without restoration tickets. It's not our fault. You should have reset all names at first.

4 minutes ago, One said:

@Kibbelz I'm sorry but restoration ticket thing is bs.What you expect us to do without name? We can't joing group with random names. I'm still trying to get my old name.

Exactly.. it's like they expect us not to play or use their products until they find the time to reply back to our petitions, wasting our Prestige time while twiddling our fingers, and if we do the obvious solution of use the name change ticket they punish us for doing so! 

1 minute ago, Rag-DN said:

Exactly.. it's like they expect us not to play or use their products until they find the time to reply back to our petitions

Yeah well if they expect that, they need to be respond more faster to tickets and change names faster. They respond to me after more than 12hours.Last one took a day..

10 hours ago, One said:

We can't joing group with random names.

This needs to be bolded.  This is the driving factor to immediately change to some name while working through the appeal process.  Is NCWest really worried about being cheated out of a free name change ticket?  Come on. @Kibbelzplease assist the community and help educate support.

6 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

This needs to be bolded.  This is the driving factor to immediately change to some name while working through the appeal process.  Is NCWest really worried about being cheated out of a free name change ticket?  Come on. @Kibbelzplease assist the community and help educate support.

This is true, sometimes people are applying to my groups with randomized names and I have to explain to them why I can’t invite.

Archived