BiS earrings in the game

1s286134

Are no longer obtainable. Yes I'm talking about the Steel Beard Pirate's Sapphire/Diamond Earring. Currently they are the best pve earrings in the game and also the best defensive pvp earrings due to a combination of highest strike resist, highest HP and high offensive physical/magical attributes. Even for offensive builds, they act as a great place holder until you get AP earrings. The steel rake earrings drop from treasure boxes inside the Steel Rake instance. I specifically recall seeing them drop from the treasure chest in Mid, on the 2nd floor of the bar where Madame spawns. The problem is all the treasure boxes have since been removed. This puts players, such as myself, in an unfair advantage compared to those who acquired their earrings before the removal of the treasure boxes.

I submitted a ticket about this issue to NCSupport and was referred to the forums to discuss it here . I know there are more pressing issues with the current state of the game, but honestly that's not an excuse to ignore the smaller issues alltogether.  There should be an easy fix for this by adding a means of reobtaining/farming the earrings in the game. Below are 3 recommendations of mine, any one of them achieves this goal:

1. Returning the treasure chests to the instance, but without kinah inside.

2. Adding the earrings to the loot table of bosses inside steel rake.

3. Add the earrings to the NPCs next to SR where you can buy them with Groggies.

Again, the purpose of this topic is to discuss this issue and hopefully gain enough traction to petition NCWest to fix it and make the SR earrings obtainable again.

Ehhh, not really, the earring is nice, but not overpower or mandatory, plus it have (or had, since no more chests) a extremely low chance rate, i saw only one in more than 50 SR, do the math and doesnt matter if u want it, u will not get it, just go get either world bosses earring and 3 set of tlab, not a big deal.

2 hours ago, Makisekurisu said:

Ehhh, not really, the earring is nice, but not overpower or mandatory, plus it have (or had, since no more chests) a extremely low chance rate, i saw only one in more than 50 SR, do the math and doesnt matter if u want it, u will not get it, just go get either world bosses earring and 3 set of tlab, not a big deal.

Except the world drop ones don't have strike resist, which is a very useful stat for pvp. The tlab ones don't have both MA and MB. Also having a low drop rate, is better than having none. I had 2 of these earrings back in the day, and that was a long time ago on retail, when drop rates were similar to now. So maybe you were just unlucky.

Not being mandatory doesn't change the fact that they're the best pve earrings. That's like saying 50e isn't mandatory if you have 40e....

It is super sad this is no longer obtainable because of the lazy fix put in place by NCwest. That Earing is probably 3rd best you can obtain atm, only exceeded by PVP accesories or the crafted Noble Fancy Sapphire Earrings, and good luck getting either of those....  @Kibbelz can you pass on the word that we would like a way to obtain these earings some other way since all the boxes that drop them have been removed from the game? There really isn't good accessories during this patch so removing these really hurts our PVE abilities.

9 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

@1s286134:
I am for suggestion two and three. I vote for the possibility to exchange all golden parts for Groggies. Just make it 200 a piece or whatever, atleast I would finally be able to get a missing part.

Wish we could trade Groggies for the SR set/Weap/Jewlery...would be very helpful

Archived