About the P2P

Waranger

I wanted to start a community discussion about the current situation of Aion classic, so you guys either tell me i am wrong, or, if i am bringing something interesting on the table, to hope that the NC staff to read the topic.

I see big issues in this release that were substancially worstened with last week maintenance:

- unchecked AP trading

- devastating rules for new players or F2P with deep consequences for the entire community.

- low interaction from the devs with the community

- the prices on Siel's Aura

I will develop each of these points if people pickup on the topic.

Cheers, Waranger

To develop a bit, 

I returned to aion as a F2P, because i believe the prices required are way too high and unnappealing for such a dated product, i believe that new players and old timers will find it extremelly punishing to only drop white items, to get half xp and to get NO AP except the 1 hour of the day.

This refletcs in many of the issues people have been unhappy about:

Why to go pvp, if you get no AP, hence, dead pvp server

No drops, one of the things that kept the aion economy flowing were F2P players farming to get themselves a source of kinah income, this kept broker replenished for all, prices lower, and crafters would have access to many of the items they needed. People looking for manastones would find them, by cutting the dropped items to  white only, all of these aspects substancially suffer, reflecting in the entire community.

Devs are quite absent to re-ensure the community that this release isnt just a cow to take the milk from while it gives, but instead, is a sincere release to offer their hard core community something we asked for many years.

Siel's Aura prices are too high to invite both veteran and new players to actually stay around for what it actually offers.

AP trading is consequence of all the above, really. Without pvp, without people looking for it because there is no reward, because of servers getting empty due to unninviting real money prices to access the full content of the game, with the fail to release 1.5, people take shortcuts, specially because they know, no one is going to actually do anything about it.

My opinion,  reduce Siel's aura price to half, and allow F2P to access 50% AP gain, access to purple drops. Make actions that actually invite players to try, and STAY!

Cheers, Waranger

Aion Classic is p2p not f2p and it's the regular price for a P2P game, it's the average price. P2P games have $15.- / €13.- a month like forever and if you pay several months lots of P2P games give discount on 3 months and some even on 6 months. Aion gives discount on 3 months payment in one payment

Problem is not charging a sub. Problem is charging a sub AND giving PAY TO WIN methods. Candies, coins, crowns, enchants, you name it. Aion classic 2009 had just a sub, no F2P, no P2W. Aion classic 2021 is pure P2W.

Aion classic 2021 is all but an Aion classic experience. The damage is already done.

16 hours ago, Peponidas said:

I agree with you, it is a lot of money. 15 dollars. I, for example, live in Argentina and I cannot afford to be able to pay such a large subscription every month

i would be happy if the low the prices

Why not play retail then? If you are going to die like a worm at least it has to be free. Are you going to pay any amount of subscription so the whales can have another character to kill?

About the prices of Siel's Aura.   NCsoft clearly knows that this is an old game and most of returning players are adults with jobs.  The price is nothing to P2W players.  F2P players don't have to buy aura if they don't care about winning.

On 8/23/2021 at 12:47 PM, Waranger said:

No drops, one of the things that kept the aion economy flowing were F2P players farming to get themselves a source of kinah income, this kept broker replenished for all, prices lower, and crafters would have access to many of the items they needed. People looking for manastones would find them, by cutting the dropped items to  white only, all of these aspects substancially suffer, reflecting in the entire community.

The bots can keep eco flowing too. Many Asian games require the bots to maintain their eco, otherwise the eco will be completely destroyed by whales.  I have seen people bought out all manastones, enchantment stones and balaur mats several times already.

On 8/23/2021 at 12:47 PM, Waranger said:

AP trading is consequence of all the above, really. Without pvp, without people looking for it because there is no reward, because of servers getting empty due to unninviting real money prices to access the full content of the game, with the fail to release 1.5, people take shortcuts, specially because they know, no one is going to actually do anything about it.

Your opinion makes little sense. People play PVP because they want to PVP,  not for reward.  You cannot explain that why people are trading AP.  If they want to PvP for reward, they should quit as soon as they get their PvP gears because they wont need AP anymore. Obviously they won't quit which  confirmed that many people are not PvPing only for reward.

The AP system is just broken and unreasonable.  Going out with a lot of AP is very risky and people have to do it for gears.  The people who are rank 1 or above cannot just go to PVP without thinking about it first carefully.  Many people are trying to avoid PvP in this case.  AP trading actually solved some problems so that people can get gears faster and stop worrying about their AP in PvP.   Some people might not like AP trading but it is one of the best solution of the broken AP system.

3 minutes ago, Zzzzzz said:

Your opinion makes little sense. People play PVP because they want to PVP,  not for reward.  You cannot explain that why people are trading AP.  If they want to PvP for reward, they should quit as soon as they get their PvP gears because they wont need AP anymore. Obviously they won't quit which  confirmed that many people are not PvPing only for reward.

The AP system is just broken and unreasonable.  Going out with a lot of AP is very risky and people have to do it for gears.  The people who are rank 1 or above cannot just go to PVP without thinking about it first carefully.  Many people are trying to avoid PvP in this case.  AP trading actually solved some problems so that people can get gears faster and stop worrying about their AP in PvP.   Some people might not like AP trading but it is one of the best solution of the broken AP system.

Thats not true. Seen players complain about spending pots, scrolls and such on pvp for little reward. Take a look at retail back when Harmony gave luna as a rank reward. Players would rig games for their team to win. After that was removed, no one even waste their time for it. 

5 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Thats not true. Seen players complain about spending pots, scrolls and such on pvp for little reward. Take a look at retail back when Harmony gave luna as a rank reward. Players would rig games for their team to win. After that was removed, no one even waste their time for it. 

That is true, and when the pvp instances started giving AP with the bucket (and later Herelym Mine was introduced) nobody cared to AP trade anymore because with 1 afk losing dredgion you could get the AP of 100 kills if not more.

Even worse when PvP instances stopped rewarding anything, nobody did them. There was a time all pvp instances were full of players, nobody does pvp instances anymore, they give you nothing.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:10 PM, Zzzzzz said:

About the prices of Siel's Aura.   NCsoft clearly knows that this is an old game and most of returning players are adults with jobs.  The price is nothing to P2W players.  F2P players don't have to buy aura if they don't care about winning.

The bots can keep eco flowing too. Many Asian games require the bots to maintain their eco, otherwise the eco will be completely destroyed by whales.  I have seen people bought out all manastones, enchantment stones and balaur mats several times already.

I totally disagree with you bud, games that lasted the distance, were the ones wich understood that free to play player base was almost as important as pay to play or pay to win, i could give you several examples, including aion in its golden days. What you support is an elitistic system, crowded with bots and ap-trading. All you said is so wrong that i can't even believe i could make you undersrand. Yes, its old timers, who got jobs, but also responsabilities, and wisdom. Perhaps you jumped into pouring money in a product you dont know yet where it will go, as far as im concerned, i wait and see. And what i see, is an empty israphel server where no one does anything except what you probably do, AP trading, and having bots running disrupting everyone elses efforts. All to no avail, because this aion classic will fade away quite fast unless they change things  i consider it a pretty stupid investment on their part believing such a small player base will pay for what they spent by keeping such unatractive conditions for new players and old ones who are not willing to spend their money upfront. All products come with atractive terms to grow their user base. 

You are also wrong about no more purpose for pvp once u get all the gear, because knowing of new updates and new gear, people with a little brain would still farm ap for future releases. 

Anyways, all you said, shows that you really have no love for this game. 

Cheers.

20 hours ago, Waranger said:

I totally disagree with you bud, games that lasted the distance, were the ones wich understood that free to play player base was almost as important as pay to play or pay to win, i could give you several examples, including aion in its golden days. What you support is an elitistic system, crowded with bots and ap-trading. All you said is so wrong that i can't even believe i could make you undersrand. Yes, its old timers, who got jobs, but also responsabilities, and wisdom. Perhaps you jumped into pouring money in a product you dont know yet where it will go, as far as im concerned, i wait and see. And what i see, is an empty israphel server where no one does anything except what you probably do, AP trading, and having bots running disrupting everyone elses efforts. All to no avail, because this aion classic will fade away quite fast unless they change things  i consider it a pretty stupid investment on their part believing such a small player base will pay for what they spent by keeping such unatractive conditions for new players and old ones who are not willing to spend their money upfront. All products come with atractive terms to grow their user base. 

You are also wrong about no more purpose for pvp once u get all the gear, because knowing of new updates and new gear, people with a little brain would still farm ap for future releases. 

Cheers.

But the game is pretty much going downhills BECAUSE of the f2p aspect. Unless you mean f2p that means sub only and no p2w in which case it changes the whole meaning.

What we asked and got promised was subscription based and no p2w shop, we got none of them. There is sub but there is also free to play and the free siel's aura 1 hour per day and then you got a ton of p2w which is amplified the f2p aspect.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:34 PM, Waranger said:

I totally disagree with you bud, games that lasted the distance, were the ones wich understood that free to play player base was almost as important as pay to play or pay to win, i could give you several examples, including aion in its golden days.

This is not the good old days anymore and the golden age of MMO will never be back. It is already a miracle that there are still have many people playing Aion after 10+ years from the first release. I don't think a F2P Aion will last for another 10 years because no game will.

I know F2P players could be important sometimes.  You can see that Aion is not totally F2P right now and it is not as bad as you thought. Making a game F2P isnt that easy because the bots will take advantage of it first.  Bots cannot bother me at all but F2P players won't be happy to see them. Most of them will quit eventually due to the bots issue and nothing will be changed from the current situation.

What you support is an elitistic system, crowded with bots and ap-trading. All you said is so wrong that i can't even believe i could make you undersrand. Yes, its old timers, who got jobs, but also responsabilities, and wisdom. Perhaps you jumped into pouring money in a product you dont know yet where it will go, as far as im concerned, i wait and see.

You are correct. Maybe this is your first time playing an Korean or Chinese MMORPG. What you just said are exactly the situation of this kind of MMO with vertical progression.   If you P2W and trade AP, you can choose to rift and kill pinks or not.   If you are a so called normal player,  you cannot even defend yourself from the nerds who want to kill you for fun.

And what i see, is an empty israphel server where no one does anything except what you probably do, AP trading, and having bots running disrupting everyone elses efforts.

IS is not as empty as you thought.  It is not populated  but it is still enough to find people to play with.  You will see hundreds of  people during siege and there are still many people not going there.  You think no one does anything probably because you are not one of them. 

Probably you are playing on KR server so you know whats coming next.  Why don't you share something to prove my opinion is wrong ?   You need something to support your opinion when you say somebody is wrong.

People only have 2 reasons to love this game. 

1. Played this game in childhood.

2 . Have never tried other games. 

I am just a player who want to spend some time here

Archived