Keeping Players Interested

Miyaku

Hey Aion, 

There's been a lack of love for Aion Classic.  The patch updates are taking a bit long and the 12th anniversary is only for retail.. Can we get some love when it comes to these events? I've noticed my friendslist is becoming less active by the week and legions are beginning to fall apart.  Thanks

^^

I agree with this.  I'm a die-hard lover of Aion, faithful for 12 years with 7 level 80 toons in retail and 6 over level 30 in Classic.  I love Aion despite it's faults and despite all of the negativity that seems to be enveloping this launch for the past few weeks with all of the AP and hacking issues and lack of content for level 50 players. 

I'm not level 50 yet but I feel for the player who are.  Not only are they up against a content wall, but their friends are leaving the game and groups are getting more and more challenging for end game content. 

While I'm on Siel, I feel especially bad for players on Israphel who are struggling to find group at any level range to enjoy the game with.  You developed a game that is heavily, if not completely, reliant on groups.  You cannot solo Aion.  It would make more sense to merge the servers so that players have a greater opportunity to not only find groups easier, but also to expand the social aspect of the game by getting to meet new players and see new players and different players on the battlefield.

I appreciate the work you are doing on the issues that have been plaguing the game, but I think if you'd just merge the server and release 1.5 this coming week, it would be  a great thing for all of the players that are remaining loyal to your product.

As Miyaku said in the topic title, you should pay close attention to the importance of keeping your players interested and entertained.  With New World and Lost Ark releasing soon, your players may leave and not return no matter the content you release. 

Lets not let it get to that point please. 

3 hours ago, Yoloranger said:

^^

I agree with this.  I'm a die-hard lover of Aion, faithful for 12 years with 7 level 80 toons in retail and 6 over level 30 in Classic.  I love Aion despite it's faults and despite all of the negativity that seems to be enveloping this launch for the past few weeks with all of the AP and hacking issues and lack of content for level 50 players. 

I'm not level 50 yet but I feel for the player who are.  Not only are they up against a content wall, but their friends are leaving the game and groups are getting more and more challenging for end game content. 

While I'm on Siel, I feel especially bad for players on Israphel who are struggling to find group at any level range to enjoy the game with.  You developed a game that is heavily, if not completely, reliant on groups.  You cannot solo Aion.  It would make more sense to merge the servers so that players have a greater opportunity to not only find groups easier, but also to expand the social aspect of the game by getting to meet new players and see new players and different players on the battlefield.

I appreciate the work you are doing on the issues that have been plaguing the game, but I think if you'd just merge the server and release 1.5 this coming week, it would be  a great thing for all of the players that are remaining loyal to your product.

As Miyaku said in the topic title, you should pay close attention to the importance of keeping your players interested and entertained.  With New World and Lost Ark releasing soon, your players may leave and not return no matter the content you release. 

Lets not let it get to that point please. 

Yolopump? Nuke?

For future Classic changes, check out Aion Powerbook.

Some fast-tracked features:

• Armfusion and +15 enchantment
    • Original 1.9 -> Classic launch
  • Steel Rake
    • Original 1.5 -> Classic launch
  • Kromede Trial
    • Original 2.0 -> Classic 1.5
  • Arena of Discipline / Chaos
    • Original 2.7 -> Classic 1.9
  • Split Sales
    • Origina 4.? -> Classic 1.7

Some pushed-back features: