Abbey - gone or coming back?

Rubyvulpa-KT

Since the new patch, players who return to Aion after 30-days of being away no longer receive the 'Abbey Return Stone'.
The teleport statues in Pandaemonium / Sanctum however, have not been removed.

8c7f12136099a656d47ced3f2e5da72d.png

It still asks for the stone to enter the abbey, so my question is, is this a known bug?
Are we getting the abbey back in a future patch, and if not - why are there still teleport statues?

I think I can speak for most of us saying that it would be nice to have this feature,
mainly for the resurgent gear exchange and handy teleports - altho it seems a bit unfair it's only for returning players
(it would be nice if new players were included as well)

Just now, Angina-SL said:

I really want to know about it, I was hoping I could buy Tac Officer skins easily at the Abbey and well, seems like I'll have to farm crucibles the hard way.

I think the Tac skins are / will be made avaiable through aetherforge. I've already seen them in the list but not sure if people can already craft them.
Still tho, to find someone with aetherforge high enough... abbey could be handier x) 

Just now, Rubyvulpa-SL said:

I think the Tac skins are / will be made avaiable through aetherforge. I've already seen them in the list but not sure if people can already craft them.
Still tho, to find someone with aetherforge high enough... abbey could be handier x) 

Its lvl 180 aetherforging. I tried to level during the last crafting event but there were just not enough mats on broker so I had to stop at 98.
Would be much easier with Abbey.

• 2 months later...

*shameless bump*

Is there reaaaaally no one looking into this? @Cyan it would be wonderful to see this finally fixed :c (or at least have some form of feedback).
How can you ask in survey if we would recommend this game to friends, if there's no quality treatment for new/returning players?

Clearly the abbey isn't gone, one of my alts is still in there:
OInpMhu.jpg

If we could just get the stones back, (and preferably also make abbey avaiable for new players not only returning ones) - it'd be awsome.

Apparently they are rewrapping the whole thing, so I believe we just need to wait and see what they created out of the old one. ;x Although I disagree with removing it till this will actually happen... It was quite a nice thing for returning players and now they don't have anything at all. *sighs*

4 minutes ago, Nyali-DN said:

Apparently they are rewrapping the whole thing, so I believe we just need to wait and see what they created out of the old one. ;x Although I disagree with removing it till this will actually happen... It was quite a nice thing for returning players and now they don't have anything at all. *sighs*

^ Yes! I'd love to see it reworked, for sure - but now it feels like there's some kind of gap.
Lots of emptyness in the lowbie zones, I have a friend which I got into aion recently and the poor fella loves the game, but is quite lost as to why everything is so deserted.

Archived