Question on Classic Dredge

HeartStrings-DN

I have a question.. Last night on IS server I waited up late until the 9:00pm US time dredge.  20 minutes after Dredge was up I finally found a LFG group to run it with.   Once we applied to enter we waited for like 25 minutes and still it had not popped.   People in the group became impatient and left the group and so we could run it at all.   My question is I realize that during this long wait time the game is trying to match you up with an opposing faction group,  But WHY if there are no opposing faction players applying for so long does it not just let you enter anyway to at least do the PVE and complete the quests?   So like after 15 minutes waiting or so can't it just let you in?  I like the pvping in there and everything but if none available why not let the group in?

Just wondering how we can make Dredge more available because I have even tried quick groups before with the same long wait and neve pop to go in. 

Dredge takes forever to pop, from my perspective it looks like a shortage of Asmos on IS, though I recall waiting for an hour on Siel back in 2010.

They solved it partially in Aion 7 by having a "battlefield server" which combined the queues for dredge from Katalam and Danaria servers into one instance, it still took a while to pop.

It's because you can't just enter over and over, it's the cooldown period, once you have done dredge for a session, you have to wait until the next session, so you quickly run out of opponenets until the next session.

Also, only a small part of the player base are interested in Drege, for me it's one of the best parts of the game win or loose.

19 hours ago, Kybele said:

Dredgion matching mechanics is wrong. Usable only equal elyos/asmos  servers.  Should have matched elyos vs elyos or asmos vs asmos too like arenas. I want to kill some elyos!

I logged into Siel yesterday on the Elyos side, pressed "V" and did a search on all regions which showed me Elyos in Dredge at the time, it sat at 16 players for the whole 2hrs. I thought that's odd, not divisible by 6, I am going to look again today. Perhaps it was not refreshing even thought I was clicking Search again every time I opened the Search window.

38 minutes ago, Zarbi said:

I logged into Siel yesterday on the Elyos side, pressed "V" and did a search on all regions which showed me Elyos in Dredge at the time, it sat at 16 players for the whole 2hrs. I thought that's odd, not divisible by 6, I am going to look again today. Perhaps it was not refreshing even thought I was clicking Search again every time I opened the Search window.

Best guess would be somebody dced and/or was set to invisible. It was likely 18.

• 2 months later...

I am still trying to understand dredge entry.

When I try and do QE on Elyos  IS, if you queue in the first 10min you always end up facing the same handful of geared Asmo groups and don't stand a chance.

If I queue a bit later say 15-20min into the session, I never get in. I can sit in the queue for and hour and it always says it's waiting for opponent group formation.

Yet I can see other Elyos groups getting in well after I queue.

If I try QE on Siel, I get in within minutes, even when it's late in the session.

Why doesn't QE work properly on IS?

11 hours ago, Cyfur said:

Why doesn't QE work properly on IS?

Because we have 1/8 Siel's population and IS-E groups keep passing when they are matched against an opponent group they don't like, so we keep getting boring empty Dredgions while the rest of you are left without any asmos to fight. Should really be complaining to the people logging on spies and checking MyAion to avoid fights.

4 hours ago, Nicole Neunan said:

Because we have 1/8 Siel's population and IS-E groups keep passing when they are matched against an opponent group they don't like, so we keep getting boring empty Dredgions while the rest of you are left without any asmos to fight. Should really be complaining to the people logging on spies and checking MyAion to avoid fights.

What you are saying, if I understand correctly,  is all those matches that I see on myaion which only have Asmos in them, are because Elyos cancelled going in?

So, on IS we are burning through the available Asmos for a match, and that's why I can't get in on my Cleric via QE most sessions.

That makes sense. The problem is that Clerics are in oversupply on Elyos IS,  so finding a regular group is tricky, hence the QE.

I guess the merge will fix that for the 40 or so Elyos left that still try and Dredge.

6 hours ago, Nicole Neunan said:

I noticed something, Myaion is now hiding the player names that entered for the first couple of minutes.

This is something new.

Archived