Betrayed by Asmodians

Healercleric

Hello. Let this post serve as a warning to any players wishing to join the Asmodian faction. I created an Asmodian character and was met with betrayal on numerous occasions.

I will post the events in chronological order, beginning with my character at level 1. Around level 3 I added a player as a friend and invited the player to a group. That player joined my group and we killed a few monsters together. All of a sudden, that player left my group. All of my group invitations were rejected. It was rather disheartening to have one of my fellow Asmodians refuse to group with me. Eventually, this same player deleted me as a friend. But, we will get to that later in this post.

There was another player who I grouped with in Altgard. This player accompanied me throughout the various parts of Altgard while I was level 11. That player never logged in again, choosing to remain at level 15.

At around level 30 other players inside the fire temple were rolling on items that they did not need. It was upsetting to lose out on drops that I could have used. I also did not enjoy seeing other Asmodians miss out on pieces of equipment that they could have used. There were also some players that wanted to kill Kromede so badly that they were willing to cheat everyone else out of experience from the fire temple. There is this repeatable quest at the fire temple that rewards about 1,500,000 experience and requires one to defeat 20 monsters inside of the fire temple. Not everyone monster counts towards these 20 kills, but I believe that either most or close to half do. Some Asmodians really wanted a roll on Kromede's drop table, and for that other Asmodians suffered and went without experience. It was also around this time that the player I met at level 3 deleted me as a friend and blocked me.

Around level 39, and truthfully quite a few other times as well, both before and after this point, some Asmodian players decided to insult me. I did not enjoy being insulted by other Asmodians. It certainly was not a pleasant experience, to say the least.

In conclusion, I have opted to delete my character. It will take about 5 days for my character to be deleted. The experience that I had was for the most part negative, owing to the treatment that I received from other Asmodians.

1 minute ago, Ora said:

It's so refreshing reading something about an actual in-game, faction related drama instead of the usual complaining on the forums lol... Although its not nice how you were treated! Come join Ely ;) 

yes!  then he can tell you guys to go f themselves and f off in LFG every day and then cry about how the elyos betrayed him as well....you can have him!

Don't know you, but this story really resonates with me. I am currently in an abusive relationship with my legionmates. They yell at me a lot, and I think overall they are just as evil as the Asmodians are in the lore of Aion. Truly, I was such a cheerful person before I started playing with them but now I'm just sad all the time, and it's because of the Asmodians. 

9 hours ago, Healercleric said:

That player never logged in again, "choosing to remain" at level 15.

*Chose to quit the game*. Fixed it for you.

It seems this is your first time playing any game in general. You will meet the same types of people in the other side too.

Plus you cannot expect to make friends at level 11. This is not old Aion.

At level 50 you should start meeting with people and figuring out which ones you want to play with depending on their behavior. Eventually you would end up with actual friends that you could team with every day.

• 2 weeks later...

I have returned to Aion and plan to stay this time. Too bad there is not any way to edit my original post. I noticed a mistake in my original post that I will outline below.
"...Not everyone monster counts.." should instead read, "...Not every monster counts..."
Alas, it is but a minor error. Hopefully this time around I have a lot more fun.

• 1 month later...

"...play the broker to flip gatherable items for a profit...." I read this online and decided to share my thoughts. Buying items on the broker and selling those items at a higher price is not very fair. The player that actually needs those items is going to have to pay more in the end. This has to be one of the greediest, most traitorous things that I have ever seen. To take from your fellow players is definitely wrong, and whoever is guilty of this hurt a lot of players. 

9 hours ago, Healercleric said:

"...play the broker to flip gatherable items for a profit...." I read this online and decided to share my thoughts. Buying items on the broker and selling those items at a higher price is not very fair. The player that actually needs those items is going to have to pay more in the end. This has to be one of the greediest, most traitorous things that I have ever seen. To take from your fellow players is definitely wrong, and whoever is guilty of this hurt a lot of players. 

Oh man you haven't seen anything yet when it comes to Aion

Archived