Silentra Canyon Renown for quests un-adjusted after 8.2 update [Merged]

Gallium-DN

@RinI noticed the other evening that there is a problem with the amount of Renown players can acquire from quests in Silentra Canyon. The amount of renown given for quests in the region has not been adjusted to reflect the new weekly drop in renown implemented in the 8.2 patch. We now lose over 60% every week on level 9 Renown. The Rare and Daily quests still only give 0.69% renown as they did prior to the patch. Players can only accept a single Daily quest per day, so these leaves us with very few options to gain Renown in SC.

The quest XP were already boosted by a factor of 6x. (NCSoft did the lazy way of simply boosting all non-apsaranta quest renown by 6x across the board)

The problem is that the quest renown before the update was very low at the first place, that prior to 8.2 even if you do all the Silentera Canyon dailies quests 7 days a week, these were not enough to overcome the pre-8.2 weekly renown deduction of 575.8k for levels 5 and above.

Silentera is having wrong FEXP renown on the mobs, we get like 100x on Katalam camp bosses which die with 3~4 hits max and they gave only 10x on Silentera actual bosses that take a few minutes to kill! Same thing for Demaha.

A normal elite mob in Silentera or Demaha is harder than a Katalam camp boss to kill yet Katalam one gives 1,2m FEXP and the others give 33k only for Demaha and 73.6k in Silentera.

Edited by Arhangelos

Many places are easy to level up in renown like;

- Crimson Katalam 

- Timeless Terrance

- Inggison - Gelkmaros  (As their respective race)

Now other places like Silentera and Demaha  SPEACIALLY  Demaha are hard to level up.

The deduction of 65%+ every monday while being already on lv 9 is a joke

I hope people speak up and NCsoft chances this ASAP.

I totally agreethe loss is a lot but not on itself, but how easy/hard it is to gather that loss in a said map. On Katalam you can kill 6~7 camp leaders and you get maxed out. That would take you 10~15 minutes depending on the activity on the map or even less if you have the teleport scrolls purchased.

Previously the renown system was kinda based on the autohunt feature too that we recently got on all maps with 1 year delay. Now if you autohunt for 1~2 hours you will most likely be good to go unless someone kills you.

Generally we have to admit that this renown system is far superior to the previous one. We can get from renown level 1 to level 9 in a few hours, some maps would take minutes, like Katalam. I also checked the Demaha and TT maps and they don't really have anything special to sell on their renown NPCs.

Edited by Arhangelos

• Funkula changed the title to Silentra Canyon Renown for quests un-adjusted after 8.2 update [Merged]
4 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

I also checked the Demaha and TT maps and they don't really have anything special to sell on their renown NPCs.

Demaha renown NPC sells the tonics to craft enchants for runes and gems at lv 7 and 9 it is important, but its hard to lv up because unlike crimson kt demaha's quest does not give as much.

2 hours ago, Clau said:

Demaha renown NPC sells the tonics to craft enchants for runes and gems at lv 7 and 9 it is important, but its hard to lv up because unlike crimson kt demaha's quest does not give as much.

Yes they do sell goodies, I just thought they weren't game breaking like the transformation fragments we get from gelk/ingi and silentera.

I agree with you on how much we lose and how little we can get in the two hard maps (Demaha and TT), I am just living with it because previously I wasn't even level 2 on any other map other than gelk (main) and lakrum + katalam. It was practically impossible to hit level 9 in most maps to begin with with the weekly reduction

The previous renown system kinda looked like a long term investment, now it looks like just some extra effort every week to go back to level 9 if you really need that map.

Edited by Arhangelos

46 minutes ago, Arhangelos said:

The previous renown system kinda looked like a long term investment, now it looks like just some extra effort every week to go back to level 9 if you really need that map.

I think you've nailed it.  Autohunting for 30 minutes to get back to lvl 9 every week is way better than the old system IMO. 

1 hour ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

I think you've nailed it.  Autohunting for 30 minutes to get back to lvl 9 every week is way better than the old system IMO. 

Yes auto Hunt is a feature we still not acknowledge fully because we just got it pretty recently for other maps. It still feels like botting and for many years we knew that botting is a bannable offense. 

Get used to botting.  It's the only thing that makes the game playable in these other regions.  Renown, cubics, xp marks, etc, now require botting.  Botting has been required for the game for a while, but the West really disliked this feature because we've been so conditioned that it feels like cheating.  Yet, NCWest did nothing to address the lack of botting when they introduced new mechanics and currencies that Korea and other regions had.  This made life worse for average players.  Now folks should just embrace botting, NC has given up, even embraced it as a way of life.

7 hours ago, AnonymousCoward-DN said:

Get used to botting.  It's the only thing that makes the game playable in these other regions.  Renown, cubics, xp marks, etc, now require botting.  Botting has been required for the game for a while, but the West really disliked this feature because we've been so conditioned that it feels like cheating.  Yet, NCWest did nothing to address the lack of botting when they introduced new mechanics and currencies that Korea and other regions had.  This made life worse for average players.  Now folks should just embrace botting, NC has given up, even embraced it as a way of life.

I have never let my char autohunt up to this date. When they  implemented autohunt on main maps only I already had all cubicles the hard way, and by then the drops on main maps were nothing. Autohunting on enemy map was impossible because you would get killed within less than half an hour. Now that they made autohunt available in all regions, renown is 100 times easier to get, including enemy maps and drops are even worse.

I was always planning on putting my main account's alts to auto hunt in gelk to get the 50-kill pouch... and up to this date I never even did that either!!!

I have been slacking so badly, Aion has numbed me with their bad decisions that even legal botting doesn't appeal to me.

Edited by Arhangelos

7 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

I have been slacking so badly, Aion has numbed me with their bad decisions that even legal botting doesn't appeal to me.

I would also rather a game that was calibrated away from any need for botting.  But it's simply not a Korean MMO if there isn't grind.  I guess I'll take the bad with the good (the pvp combat).

On 5/14/2022 at 12:16 PM, Gallium-DN said:

Players can only accept a single Daily quest per day, so these leaves us with very few options to gain Renown in SC.

You can actually complete all the dailies. The thing is you can only accept and complete them (balaur, jotun, and oathbound worshipper quests) one at a time. So after you finish one, you have to go back to the questgiver npc to get another. I agree with what you said though.

I do have to say though that you can just grind the mobs, manually or auto-hunt, and you can get the renown easily. Or if you get lucky to see them, kill a mini-boss or two when they spawn for bigger increase and a chance for good loot.

On 5/19/2022 at 2:05 AM, Megazero-KT said:

You can actually complete all the dailies. The thing is you can only accept and complete them (balaur, jotun, and oathbound worshipper quests) one at a time. So after you finish one, you have to go back to the questgiver npc to get another. I agree with what you said though.

I do have to say though that you can just grind the mobs, manually or auto-hunt, and you can get the renown easily. Or if you get lucky to see them, kill a mini-boss or two when they spawn for bigger increase and a chance for good loot.

The Silentera Bosses are totally worthless for FEXP, they have 90m HP and give a base of 1.837.580 FEXP.
Meanwhile an elite mob there has 241kHP and give a base of 73.600 FEXP.

1 Boss has the same HP to 373x elite mobs, which could easily give you 373x73.600 = 27.452.800 FEXP (vs 1.837.580 from boss), not to mention the boss has more defenses and offenses and thus is harder while the mobs you can aoe them to kill them even faster.

20 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

The Silentera Bosses are totally worthless for FEXP, they have 90m HP and give a base of 1.837.580 FEXP.
Meanwhile an elite mob there has 241kHP and give a base of 73.600 FEXP.

1 Boss has the same HP to 373x elite mobs, which could easily give you 373x73.600 = 27.452.800 FEXP (vs 1.837.580 from boss), not to mention the boss has more defenses and offenses and thus is harder while the mobs you can aoe them to kill them even faster.

Silentera Canyon elite mobs have 2,418,855 HP and 11,209 Physical/Magical Defense  (old monster stats document, renown outdated) (compare to Heart of Apsaranta easy) (updated monster renown list)

4 hours ago, The Secret Cow Level said:

Silentera Canyon elite mobs have 2,418,855 HP and 11,209 Physical/Magical Defense  (old monster stats document, renown outdated) (compare to Heart of Apsaranta easy) (updated monster renown list)

Ops, I forgot one 0 in the end of the number. But mobs are still better than bosses for FEXP.

Edited by Arhangelos

The problem is there are not nearly enough mobs in SC that give decent FEXP to realistically maintain level 9 renown. You lose 65% renown every Monday at level 9. Because the quests give such little reward for completing them, I have had to rely solely on killing the mini bosses to gain it all back. It is pretty obnoxious when you consider I have to be the first one on the map when the bosses spawn, somehow manage to kill all three of them without getting my kill stolen or my toon trashed by an elyos, AND do it multiple times within a week.

I am not a fan of auto-hunting as it is painfully slow and requires me to leave my laptop idle for hours when I would rather be playing the game. I do not think it should be a requirement to auto-hunt in order to maintain something as crucial as access to renown npc's. On the old system all I needed to do was kill Anuhart or Debil each week and I could easily maintain level 9 renown. Now I don't have that option because nobody on the asmo side is motivated to form alliances for WB's. Clearly, they need to either increase the FEXP quest rewards, or increasing what we gain from killing regular mobs.

Demaha is a terrible pain as well, but it is realistically doable and you don't need to use auto-hunt to do it.

Edited by Voltric-DN

22 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

The problem is there are not nearly enough mobs in SC that give decent FEXP to realistically maintain level 9 renown. You lose 65% renown every Monday at level 9. Because the quests give such little reward for completing them, I have had to rely solely on killing the mini bosses to gain it all back. It is pretty obnoxious when you consider I have to be the first one on the map when the bosses spawn, somehow manage to kill all three of them without getting my kill stolen or my toon trashed by an elyos, AND do it multiple times within a week.

I am not a fan of auto-hunting as it is painfully slow and requires me to leave my laptop idle for hours when I would rather be playing the game. I do not think it should be a requirement to auto-hunt in order to maintain something as crucial as access to renown npc's. On the old system all I needed to do was kill Anuhart or Debil each week and I could easily maintain level 9 renown. Now I don't have that option because nobody on the asmo side is motivated to form alliances for WB's. Clearly, they need to either increase the FEXP quest rewards, or increasing what we gain from killing regular mobs.

Demaha is a terrible pain as well, but it is realistically doable and you don't need to use auto-hunt to do it.

If you go in the middle it is full of elite mobs that give quite some FEXP, with prestige and the renown fruit buff you will be getting like 96k per mob or something.

I do not know your class of course, if you can train and do aoe it will take you less than half an hour to retake the level. There are time you will see people there but mostly it is empty because you get the FEXP so fast there you just spend half an hour and go.

Bosses in Silentera are the worst, they have way too much HP for their FEXP.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Arhangelos