Weekly Server Maintenance - March 22, 2023 [Aion Classic]

Primali

13 hours ago, Asaaa said:

as if gameforge would buy rights to release eu classic just to do the same patch that they know will kill the game that makes no sense at all. gameforge is greedy and thats also why they dont kill theyre money pig.

You act as If Gameforge will be able to do anything about this change.  If KR deems it so, that's it, Publisher can only request changes. Developer's make the call not Gameforge.

9 hours ago, Cyfur said:

It's that a fact or are you just guessing?

If it's true, that would explain why nothing has been done about it in NA.

This is a fact, (I'm trying to find the notes for further proof to add) and yes I'm sure this is why NC West has said nothing. While I scrounge up the documentation, check any KR stream or video of them doing PVE. You will see they have the exact same drop rate as we do in NA classic now. Literally nothing NA / NC West can probably do about it, however making a statement addressing this to the players should be done and should have already been done. Rather than leaving everyone to yell at them wanting answers. 

3 minutes ago, Stormwing said:

@Vadux:
Gameforge could just not publish Aion Classic, which would be their decision.

But why would they do that when they could milk it for more money?

Edited by Vadux
Spelling

On 3/22/2023 at 2:43 AM, GenericUser100 said:

I'm pretty sure Primali works on another NCSoft title, maybe Guild Wars or Blade&Soul, and they were just asked to make an account on the Aion forums and post weekly maintenance notes. I don't think they have anyone actually working on Aion Retail or Classic at this point. 

Doesn't excuse that they can't even do their job correctly, though. That's embarrassing @Primali

Is also on L2Primali - Forums (lineage2.com) and on BnS Primali - Blade & Soul Forums (bladeandsoul.com)

Edited by FictionGirl-DN

On 3/24/2023 at 12:17 AM, Ulti said:

TL wont come out same time as Aion classic EU.

It's almost the end of March and Gameforge haven't even published a Classic release date yet, so don't hold your breath on launch timing. If they get it out in April I will be surprised.

Seems Gameforge have just announced April 17th. as the launch, lot's of pro EU spammers in LFG earlier on today.

The EU siege times might suit some people. The ping wont suit America, Oceania, Canada etc. so I don't expect a mass migration at all.

On 3/21/2023 at 9:19 PM, Alyta-DN said:

Oh, here's where our actual non Classic version maintenance notes went. Cool. Thanks @Primali.

Hey classic fellas, your post is on the other board:

Cheers~ 😉

Edit: I scrolled through the earlier posts. What happened with your manastones? They pretty much removed all the good ways of getting them off the non classic version too. 🙄

Actually they totally nerked Classic and are at this point stealing money from the player base. Not only did manstones disappear but No Drops, no kinah, and broker prices are SO INSANE why play. But  it seems like you guys over on Retail arent having much fun either.

52 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

Seems Gameforge have just announced April 17th. as the launch, lot's of pro EU spammers in LFG earlier on today.

The EU siege times might suit some people. The ping wont suit America, Oceania, Canada etc. so I don't expect a mass migration at all.

You would be surprised. I actually started playing on the EU server back in the day as it suited those of us that work grave yard shift. 😉 Besides "Aion is a GREAT game, just because the people that maintain it arent up to par.......

On 3/23/2023 at 11:42 AM, Vadux said:

I thought I read KR was ok with the loss of drops and this was the reason we were hit with it. Instead of checking codes it was copied and pasted and poof there went NA drop rate......but then again there are so many d dashing rumors because NCWest cant seem to figure out how to actually type a message instead of copying and pasting, so the rumor ill runs amuck.

PS if anyone happens to translate the KR threads let us know?

On 3/23/2023 at 10:51 AM, Vadux said:

This is a fact, (I'm trying to find the notes for further proof to add) and yes I'm sure this is why NC West has said nothing. While I scrounge up the documentation, check any KR stream or video of them doing PVE. You will see they have the exact same drop rate as we do in NA classic now. Literally nothing NA / NC West can probably do about it, however making a statement addressing this to the players should be done and should have already been done. Rather than leaving everyone to yell at them wanting answers. 

But why would they do that when they could milk it for more money?

Im glad and very thankful you are looking for this information but it does no good to present proof .......if no one can read it.....

Edited by 1s920E2-KT
additional comment

Hey, gonna do tomorrow's patch notes for you:

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic.
Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

[X] Event Event Items will be deleted on XX
[Event] XX
[Y} Event begins blah blah