Patch Notes Discussion

Lambdachi-DN

Thanks to parabellum-kt I was able to read the patch notes.

I think the most interesting changes are:

•  Mirash Sanctum can be entered without owning the fort
  • Increased the XP given by monsters in the Fissure of Oblivion by 50%
  • Made some changes to Adma’s Fall, Theobomos Test Chamber, Drakenseer’s Lair and Fallen Poeta. - Decreased party size to 3 (from 6) for all four instances

2 minutes ago, Lambdachi-DN said:

Thanks to parabellum-kt I was able to read the patch notes.

I think the most interesting change is:

and Mirash Sanctum can be entered without owning the fort.

I found the side entrance, there's 2 Balaur guarding it. You can't click on the door, so nah. Can't enter for some reason.

1 hour ago, Lambdachi-DN said:

•  Mirash Sanctum can be entered without owning the fort

From what i read before in Aion PowerBook, to open the instance it's needed Elyos or Asmodians to conquer the  fortress

and i didn't see anything else in the 5.8 patchnotes, are we looking at the same one?

H531DgV.png

what saddens me is that they did not include the camps in Iluma and Norsvold that would have brought more movement and fun to the open world, and i was expecting the greywolf accesories :(

't is a pretty nice patch for the more casually inclined/non-75 folks. All basic Archdaeva instance are pug-able now, ~500mil exp per run + the new Spinel Coins. Mobs difficulty was lowered drastically while the loot was kept intact. Heck, Fallen Poeta doesn't even need a trapper anymore; just grab 2-3 aoe classes and/or a fast gate attacker and Anuhart will never catch up. Tahabata? Never heard of the guy.

Thanks to the new Spinel Coin gear having the same model as the Noble Kalis/Episte set from aetherforging I (and I'm sure many others who wanted it) can finally get that, which is a great plus in my book. Speaking of aetherforging, the lowered exp requirements + materials makes me somewhat happy as those 500% crafting charms will finally see a use. Sky Islands are fully pug-able as well, and give the server an event anyone can partake in. It's nice.

Not so much to do for the 75 folks though. Purification requirements are kinda bs with +7 tempering level. Frozen Monolith is impossible, 6/6 75 with full +15 Harvesters and two clerics and it's still a wipefest. At least it has a nice soundtrack. The new minion rates are abysmal, I haven't even seen one person with any of them. For Mirash Sanctum I have to wait half a week before I can give my opinion.

I noticed that the Atrium Passport was updated. Here's my issue. I have a couple accounts where the highest character is <66. This means these accounts can get up to the last item, a 66+ armor box, but you can't collect it. So you're stuck on the last item forever, or until you level a character to 66. I look at this and shake my head. Some developer spent a lot of time redesigning the interface and  changing the rewards list, but apparently never thought about the logic.

1 hour ago, Steeler-DN said:

I noticed that the Atrium Passport was updated. Here's my issue. I have a couple accounts where the highest character is <66. This means these accounts can get up to the last item, a 66+ armor box, but you can't collect it. So you're stuck on the last item forever, or until you level a character to 66. I look at this and shake my head. Some developer spent a lot of time redesigning the interface and  changing the rewards list, but apparently never thought about the logic.

So...level that account to 66?  Speaking of logic.

Was the 50% increase applied to Fissure of Oblivion? I only level with a double exp amulet and received about 137m exp for a fatty so its base value is around 68.5m. Were the mobs worth around 45m exp before the update?

Also, what are these artifacts in Nosvald for? Typically artifacts are for sieges and I didn't see anything about them in the notes.

Archived