Windows 10 users requesting help with xigncode3

Voltric-DN

Ever since Windows 10 released their 1803 update this spring, players have been unable to launch the Aion client. Whatever settings might have been changed during the update have prevented the xigncode3 module from running, and despite multiple threads started by players requesting assistance, we have heard no official response from NCWest. Player to player support has provided those affected by this error with little to no helpful advice. Most players believe that security settings are the cause of problem, but not everyone has Windows' built-in firewall to blame. For instance, I have Windows Defender entirely disabled on my computer, as it conflicts with the antivirus program I use, and yet I am still unable to launch the Aion client since the 1801 update.

NCWest, on behalf of all Windows 10 users, I ask that you either provide us with easy to understand instructions on how to get xigncode3 running again, or for the sake of the playerbase, disable the module altogether. As of now, a large number of us are unable to play Aion -- out of no fault of our own -- and we request a resolution as soon as possible.

Thank you

3 minutes ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

Do a file check, and see if the xingcode3 files get updated.

To be perfectly blunt, I'm not sure how to do a file check or even what I'd be looking for if I did one. I am not all that computer savvy. If ncwest released a fix I do not understand why I am having a problem at all. This morning I launched the game and it worked fine. I did the windows update a bit later and now I can't play. A friend of mine is experiencing the same problem despite the supposed fix last week.

16 minutes ago, Voltric-DN said:

To be perfectly blunt, I'm not sure how to do a file check or even what I'd be looking for if I did one. I am not all that computer savvy. If ncwest released a fix I do not understand why I am having a problem at all. This morning I launched the game and it worked fine. I did the windows update a bit later and now I can't play. A friend of mine is experiencing the same problem despite the supposed fix last week.

Look in your Aion install folder/bin64/XignCode. Most of the files there should be dated 5/9/18 There are three that will have different dates, one 4/3/18 and two the last date you launched the game, or tried to launch the game.

If it is otherwise, run file repair on the game to get them all up to date.

Just now, Kadeth-KT said:

Look in your Aion install folder/bin64/XignCode. Most of the files there should be dated 5/9/18 There are three that will have different dates, one 4/3/18 and two the last date you launched the game, or tried to launch the game.

All of the files in that folder are dated as May 10th or later. :/

5 minutes ago, Kemana-KT said:

I just tried the file repair and it did not work. FYI: My XignCode folder is dated for having been updated yesterday, which is the day I also had the dreaded Windows update.

As previously stated, I didn't update until today and all of my xigncode3 files are dated for the 10th - 15th, AFTER the maintenance that was suppose to correct the incompatibility issue. File repair most likely won't work for me either.

12 hours ago, Kadeth-KT said:

Here's the thread with what settings to turn off that's working for many player. That's the only other thing I know to do for it. For me, those setting stay off since I have another AV and firewall and, other exploit protection. https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/2194-cannot-regist-xigncode-module/

I am using AVG antivirus software and have my Windows Firewall settings completely turned off because they conflict with each-other. This doesn't seem to be a security setting problem, it is a compatibility problem. When NCWest says they released an updated version of Xigncode to fix the compatibility issue, why is it that players are still experiencing the issue? NCWest NEEDS to address the issue again or they risk losing countless players! Please @Cyan or whoever else may be reading this. We need help.

UPDATE:: I finally managed to edit certain Windows settings that were changed in the 1803 update and am now able to launch the Aion client with xigncode3 running. If anyone would like detailed instructions on how to fix the problem Windows created, please feel free to send me a private message or reply here. Thank you and good luck!

Due to the amount of players asking for assistance, I am posting up instructions here rather than pming everyone individually.

xigncode3 / windows 10 fix

1. Open Windows Defender Security Center (program is pre-installed on your computer)
  2. Choose App and Browser Control
  3. Scroll down page to the bottom and click Exploit Protection Settings
  4. Select Program Settings (at the top of the page)
  5. Click Add Program to Customize
  6. Select Choose Exact File Path
  7. In the File Name search bar, type C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe and click Open.
  8. A Program Settings window will pop up with NCLauncher.exe in the header. Find the Arbitrary Code Guard (ACG) setting at the top of the list. Checkmark Override System Settings and toggle the switch to the OFF position.
  9. Leave all other settings unchecked and then click Apply.
  10. Relaunch the Aion client. Note: you may need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.

Good luck!!! :)

UPDATE:

I want everyone to be aware that the temporary fix I provided above has now failed on two separate occasions. After a routine launcher update today, my computer began blocking the xigncode module, despite the setting changes I made several days ago. A friend of mine also experienced the same issue yesterday out of the blue. At this time, the only way around this reoccurring incompatibility issue is to do the following:

1. Go to your desktop and right-click the Aion icon
  2. Click Properties at the bottom of the list
  3. Select the Compatibility tab
  4. Find the Compatibility mode section.
  5. Select Run this program in compatibility mode. Chose the latest version of windows that is listed (mine is Windows 8)
  6. Apply the changes and launch Aion

Once again, this is only a temporary fix and I have no idea how long this work-around will suffice. I strongly urge EVERYONE to flood the forums with requests for help concerning this Xigncode/Windows 10 incompatibility issue. The more we talk about it and demand answers, the likelier we will get a response. Thank you.

• Aion Team

Hi everyone, 

We've been working with Welbia on the issues a small amount of you have been experiencing. For those that have already contacted our support department, thank you, but we are requesting additional information if you're unable to launch the game due to XIGNCODE3. Please see below!

Contact our support department here and provide the following information:

1. A thorough description of the issue.
  2. A screenshot of any errors.
  3. Attach the xigncode.log file in Aion\bin64\XignCode

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hi everyone, 

We've been working with Welbia on the issues a small amount of you have been experiencing. For those that have already contacted our support department, thank you, but we are requesting additional information if you're unable to launch the game due to XIGNCODE3. Please see below!

Thank you.

How do you know it is just a small amount of us complaining? Please fix the problem with XIGNCODE3 or disable it till it has been fixed by your tech department, it is absurd to aspect us to fix it or work around it.

Well, at this moment I'm not updating windows 10 and I have to add that the Help Support was never helpful in my cases, every time I contacted them for a problem I had their suggestions never worked I just wasted lots of time. I had to resolve my problems myself and most of the time their response left me with the: "what? I did not say that or ask for that!"

So sorry if I sound rude but today I'm really upset about all this. :(

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

Hi everyone, 

Thank you.

How do we attach the xigncode.log file? I do not have a Xigncode.log file in my XignCode folder...

Archived