Cleric questions and other issues

Hi. Started to play on cleric. Many ppl have told me that cleric need 4 sets at end game. Is that true? Can you tell me why and when I should use them plus tell me the names. 

Other question is what manastones I should use for those sets? I know that knowledge give dmg but is it worth in pve? I will be more support now. Pvp i will leave at the end. How to get +6 manastones?

It all depends on how much you want to invest into the class and what you want to do.

You can do perfectly fine in just a HP set as a cleric, but having a set equipped with Knowledge will make your life infinitely easier when solo.

As for PvP, you can probably get away with having only a Will set, but having a Block/SR set would be better if you encounter a ton of melees. If you solo PvP, having a Knowledge set is necessary since you cannot always whittle away at your opponents and hope to win in a battle of attrition.

If you know you're only going to be in a supportive role and won't be doing much solo, having a HP PvE set and two PvP sets (Will/Block) is probably fine. Anything less IMO is a bit iffy, but if you're not at all competitive, it doesn't matter.

Set names: Harvester Reinforced (and its purified variant) and Prime Captain (cleric specific and its purified variant).

Secret Munitions Factory (Luna weekly) is a decent source of +6 manastones.

A cleric does indeed need 4 or more sets if they want to PvP and PvE and heal and dps.

To do damage in PvE, you need a knowledge (for magic boost and magic crit) set.

To heal in PvE, you should have an health (for hp) set.

For PvP you need sets that increase your PvP attack and defense.

To damage in PvP, you need a knowledge set.

To heal in PvP, you should start with an agility set. (It's much better than a block set.) That would be used if you are having trouble with a melee character. If you are having an issue with magic users, you need a will set. If you are only going to have one, I would get the agility set. You cannot mix and match the sets. They need to be -all- agility or all will. Some will and some agility will give you a set that does little to protect you. Keep in mind that you can register these two sets and place them on your bar. That way you can flip between them quickly depending on which type of damage you are trying to withstand.

On 30.5.2018 at 9:18 PM, Aly-DN said:

To heal in PvP, you should start with an agility set. (It's much better than a block set.) That would be used if you are having trouble with a melee character. If you are having an issue with magic users, you need a will set. If you are only going to have one, I would get the agility set. You cannot mix and match the sets. They need to be -all- agility or all will. 

Agility is a thing now too? Q-Q Last time I read about it, it wasn't so much. I assume +9 stones and another lvl 80 AP set? D: 

this is insane for cleric to have 4-5 sets:

PvP sets (Will/Block)

if cleric needs 2 sets for pvp then all other classes also need these 2 sets, it is obviously

but i think for PvP you need to set knowledge only  manastone, it is so simple, if you want you can use Creative Points and set Will and Healt (to get magic defense and block) , but how you will hit (you need high dps) the enemy if you dont have knowledge manastone enough ........ --> 1 set for pvp

for pve hp set is the same, you can set hp manastones and use some CP for Agility to increase concentration so ...... no need of 2 sets for heal pve ....... ----> 1 set for heal pve

1 hour ago, Spirithq-KT said:

but i think for PvP you need to set knowledge only  manastone, it is so simple, if you want you can use Creative Points and set Will and Healt (to get magic defense and block) , but how you will hit (you need high dps) the enemy if you dont have knowledge manastone enough ........ --> 1 set for pvp

for pve hp set is the same, you can set hp manastones and use some CP for Agility to increase concentration so ...... no need of 2 sets for heal pve ....... ----> 1 set for heal pve

I'd like to see you actually try this and survive longer than a few seconds...

rubbish your pve HP set already, in Frozen Monolith you're just shooting yourself (and your support healer) in the feet every single AOE (so possibly 100+ times per run). Everywhere else except possibly Coe 1st boss it's completely unnecessary once you've ran the instance a few times. Or better yet, unsocket the HP stones and replace with Knowledge stones (even +6 do the job and you're MB capped everywhere, including FM, with just XXXX MB) and use the set for dpsing. You can still do fine in FM with Apollon's armor, Grey Wolf accessories and Harvester/Master Harvester staff. For a HB set, you'll want Occupied Rentus Base set (mythic version) or Purified Hyperion (there was plenty of boxes on brokers at one point) socket with ancient +5 HB stones (blues are fines). If you're confident that you won't be attacked, you can also use your HB set in PvP to heal much stronger in times of need.

To get it out of the way, for PvP dps you need a AP80 (Prime Commander) set with Knowledge 10~12 and some Precision if you plan on killing clerics. You can debuff all classes except cleric (and SW but which SW has a MR set amirite) and reduce their MR significantly to do damage if they have a MR set, however against cleric you will simply need 4k+ MA with Sac Power; you can make secondary pieces to switch out with Precision if you want a pure knowledge set for dmg of course. But PvP dps really isn't a priority if you're almost exclusively supporting because the amount of AP80 sets you need is a bit out of control.

You can have two physical dps counter sets, Block and Agility set. First off for Block you will need Boundless Hope or Glory, both hard to get and a tad pricey to socket for the amount of use you can get out of it nowadays. The PvP defense on Boundless is considerably lower than on the AP80 which will get you destroyed if you don't block, so you will need Health 12s and an AP80 shield, ideally over +20 because the amount of block you get from that is insane. Mace can be Peitan's or any 65 one with Block 33s. As for Agility, you will need AP80 pieces and an AP80 shield (+Peitan's or any 65 mace socket Strike Resist 22, also called "Physical Critical Resistance" 22) socketed with Agility 10~12 and some pieces socketed Power 10~12 for the Physical Defense. There are also a few people using lvl65 mythic Bloodmark pieces instead of the AP80 pieces socketed with Power hitting up to 2.2~2.3k SR but with much lower phys def, which is effective against enemies socketing extra Precision for the crit but otherwise losing out on a big amount of PvP defense.

One alternative to the AP80 shield for Agility that I have to mention, although I strongly believe it is a superb waste of kinah, is the Celestial shield. I'll quote Hinotori from an old thread for that:

On 11/2/2017 at 3:20 PM, Hinotori-KT said:

There's the (expensive) alternative of using the Awakened Celestial Guard shield, which gives extra Strike Resist when enchanted (for reference, a +5 one gives 178 SR). The downside is that in order to get it, you need to upgrade the base version (Celestial Guard Shield) to +7 which is done using temperings rather than enchant stones (if it fails it goes down to +0), and once you have the Awakened version you also have to enchant that (also with temperings) to get the extra SR (the base shield can be obtained from the "Heavenly Armor Weapon Box" that drops the Luna treasure chamber thing, the box is tradable and lets you choose any weapon, I've seen them on the broker for anything between 2b ~ 500m, depends if the seller even knows what they're useful for). But, if you manage to get it, that extra SR is enough to use full archdaeva gear with Agility stones (you probably have room to mix in something else, like Power stones for extra Phy Def, or HP/Health for extra HP) and still hit functional values, and you benefit from the extra pvp def/godstone supression/overall stats compared to having to use a few 65 gear pieces. But you really need to stock up on temperings to try that, unless you're super lucky.

As for magical dps counter sets, you can also have two: Will set (usually full will 10~12 or nearly full, hitting up to 4.1~4.2k Magic Resist) which will help with resisting CC, silences and many irrelevant skills as it is RNG-dependant, however Will is an amazing stat which will also give you critical spell resist, keeping your enemies from doing a ridiculous amount of critical hits (their crit spell will be significantly lower because they need a certain amount of Precision to even hit you at 4K MR, which keeps them from socketing extra Knowledge and stacking the crit spell from it to ridiculous numbers). The second set you can consider is a Magic Suppression set. Mildly outdated, this set reduces your enemy's incoming damage on you however it will have low PvP defense (same problem as with the Block set) compared to a Will set because it will be mainly composed of level 65 pieces (lvl 65 mythic Bloodmark cloth) apart from AP80 chest and pants (to maximize PvP defense) socketed Knowledge 10~12. Maces for these sets are the same base as previously (Peitan's or any lvl 65) socketed with MR 19~20 and MS50 respectively.

Forgot to mention headgear for each of these so I'll just dump them at the end; Noble Coliseum Champion (bought from the Marchutan Priory/Kaisinel Academy, there's 10 NPCs in a lost room and it costs some crucible insignias, can buy those off brokers or enter group crucible for 10s and 350 insignias per day per character just for entering) or Archon Brigade General (lvl 55 AP eternal cloth, can be much cheaper and simpler than the other) for HB (you want this for the free concentration, and no don't use essence points in Agility in PvE for 10 concentration, use your points in your healing skills instead), AP80 for PvP dps, Boundless Hope or Ahserion plate for Block, AP80 for Agility, Operation soldier's (or Cheerleader Hairpin if you can get your hands on it) for Will (arguably AP80 could possibly be better with higher PvP defense but? unsure), AP80 for MS (you want the crucial PvP defense from this one) or Cheerleader Hairpin.

Obviously for all of these sets (apart from pve where knowledge 6~7 is pretty much fine), you can use archdaeva stones that aren't +12 and you'll get lower stats, but they'll do the job... generally. +10 stones are fine for the immediate moment but you'll want to replace eventually, so instead of paying twice I'd just go +12 right away.

Lowkey sorry if this is overwhelming, but you can check back and browse through the post if eventually you want to gear up to that point. Just want to reinforce that you do not need all of these sets even though they can be useful; I'd concentrate on a Will, Agility and HB set for starting out, then if you feel the need to branch out, try PvP dps (1v1s) and see from there.

10 minutes ago, knee-DN said:

Or better yet, unsocket the HP stones and replace with Knowledge stones (even +6 do the job and you're MB capped everywhere, including FM, with just XXXX MB) and use the set for dpsing.

Didn't proofread but the number there should be 5998 (or 6298 if we already have the new MB cap of 3500MB).

4 hours ago, knee-DN said:

rubbish your pve HP set already, in Frozen Monolith you're just shooting yourself (and your support healer) in the feet every single AOE (so possibly 100+ times per run). Everywhere else except possibly Coe 1st boss it's completely unnecessary once you've ran the instance a few times. Or better yet, unsocket the HP stones and replace with K1s) and see from there. ............

i am True Believer - E-Type

On 1.6.2018 at 3:10 PM, knee-DN said:

Lowkey sorry if this is overwhelming, but you can check back and browse through the post if eventually you want to gear up to that point. Just want to reinforce that you do not need all of these sets even though they can be useful; I'd concentrate on a Will, Agility and HB set for starting out, then if you feel the need to branch out, try PvP dps (1v1s) and see from there.

Holy moly. I read through it all and appreciate it a lot that you took your time to sum it up. I gotta say that's a lot even for an experienced cleric. u.u

So if you are active in PvE and PvP, you sort of end up having up to 7-8 sets, but you can cut it down to maybe 4 or 5 which is my current set up for now. I feel dizzy just thinking about all those stats. lol

Archived