To whom it may concern.

Dreaming-KT

Before I start , what I’m about to say is just my opinion and how I feel about the game . 

I’m sure cheesecake or Alysine are going to jump in to put their grain of salt but let me say this . It’s my opinion and this is just feedback to ncsoft and regardless of what you feel it would be nice for once that you get that and that you respect it.

So that being said , let the rant begin !

so I have been gone for a while now and I recently came back I réalise that the lack of incentive for new,returning and or casual player , makes it nearly impossible to enjoy a lot of aspect of the game. By that I mean if you’re not 75 it’s hard to get into groups for basically anything . Yes I know that being 75 isn’t a requirement but the game and community compels you to be to do anything . 

So so now you’re going to tell me to just level up ? Meh why would I ? I mean I’m not a 100% free to play player , i pay for prestige pack and I’ll buy a few skins from time to time and I’ll spend 50-100$ when we have the wheel of fortune but beside that I don’t realy dump a bunch of cash into the game . I support the game and I think I’m not getting my money’s worth , I support the game more than a lot of people in this game . I run all the fallen poeta I can run plus all my kinah goes in scrolls and amulets . I also do all other instances that are relevant to exp and yet in two weeks all I got in 60% of a level and it will get harder as I level up. 

So again how am I suppose to catch up ? I’m disappointed that my money doesn’t pay for better ideas .

and the events .... lol could we have events that doesn’t systematically compels me to dump money into the game in order to fully enjoy it ? That bord game is just a joke to me ... I have played non stop from sept 09 till 4.8 . I have paid the sub when the game was pay to play and I still have my pre order items . I still have my wonder girl emotes and all that time and dedication and money and loyalty has served for what ?

yeah I know they need to make money to keep the game alive but hey it doesn’t hurt to look at the models of other mmo and learn from them . 

I could keep on ranting but I’m in my phone and my thumbs are sore now and English is not my language and I feel like the words are not coming like I want them to haha so @Cyan take notes ... please have better communication with the community and your intentions thank you .

I'm in the same boat after a year long break. It - seems - to me that 6.0 is right around the corner (no announcement or offical date yet), if you can hold out until then your problem will be solved. I've just been farming the events and leveling up aetherforging as I wait and prepare for 6.0.

13 minutes ago, Dreaming-KT said:

and the events .... lol could we have events that doesn’t systematically compels me to dump money into the game in order to fully enjoy it ? That bord game is just a joke to me

You did look at the events we have been having the last months, didnt you? From the main page:

• Shugo Tomb
  • Secrets of the Ancients
  • SFT
  • Daeva's Dash
  • Return to Tiamaranta' Eye & Shugo Sweep (March, by this point)

That is 3 to 4 months without any "money dump" events. I even thought of bolding the items in that list that especially favoured no-paying approaches, then I realised all of them were like that. Events are optional content that switches every now and then, you can opt to ignore it or benefit from it. Just like not all events are "free-ish", not all events might be of your liking. Currently, there are only two "pay-ish" events, Shugo Sweep and Upgrade Arcade, which only happen twice or thrice a year at most (and not each, I mean total).

When was the last time Aly posted anything in defense of NCsoft? o-o It's all Bryos and me now, unfortunately. That said, I'm already flattered. (full not-sarcasm ahead:) I get that it's your opinion, but you're posting it to a public forum. :| Your opinion is going to get countered, whether with facts or feelings, and it can be...uncomfortable. I get it.

XP events. XP EVENTS. Embrace the XP events. They are your life. I have legionmates who bumrushed their way to 75 pretty fast during the last few XP events by doing Adma/Theo/FP/DL/AoE/CoE/FoO every time they were off cooldown (duo CoE).

That said, yes, it does feel like there are few incentives for returning and new players. I totally feel you there. The game is definitely not being marketed toward new or returning users. They might do something for 6.0, but I'm not surprised that they're not doing much right now. 5.8 is all about old players, man, not new ones. 5.8 is also not for casuals. The events are pretty much the only thing that counters that it's not for casuals. :/ 

We were talking in Discord about this the other day: You can't play Aion without making some friends. Aion will SUCK as a solo player. I don't have a magic opinion for making friends. I wish you good luck.

rzVpIN8.png

It was ALYSYNNE! It's ALY now! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH..

tumblr_noawnzoCWS1tv4k5po1_500.gif

Though no idea what you are going on about bringing up either Cake or me, because for the most part.. you are right.

The game doesn't really get going until you are 75 and it's terribly hard to get to 75 right now. (Thank changes in 6.0.) Doing the same freaking thing over and over and over and barely see your xp bar move sucks beans. We all did it, but that doesn't make it fun.

Events are hit or miss. Someone of them are nothing but cash grabs and can be ignored. Some of them are totally ruined by shoddy rewards. But there are some really good ones where nice things rain down like candy from the biggest brightest pinata. 

giphy.gif

Play the events you like and ignore the others.

Pay for what you like and ignore everything else.

Play the way you want and ignore everyone else.

.. and try not to assume that someone is going to give you an atomic wedgey.

Life will be sweeter. I promise.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

When was the last time Aly posted anything in defense of NCsoft? o-o It's all Bryos and me now, unfortunately. That said, I'm already flattered. (full not-sarcasm ahead:) I get that it's your opinion, but you're posting it to a public forum. :| Your opinion is going to get countered, whether with facts or feelings, and it can be...uncomfortable. I get it.

XP events. XP EVENTS. Embrace the XP events. They are your life. I have legionmates who bumrushed their way to 75 pretty fast during the last few XP events by doing Adma/Theo/FP/DL/AoE/CoE/FoO every time they were off cooldown (duo CoE).

That said, yes, it does feel like there are few incentives for returning and new players. I totally feel you there. The game is definitely not being marketed toward new or returning users. They might do something for 6.0, but I'm not surprised that they're not doing much right now. 5.8 is all about old players, man, not new ones. 5.8 is also not for casuals. The events are pretty much the only thing that counters that it's not for casuals. :/ 

We were talking in Discord about this the other day: You can't play Aion without making some friends. Aion will SUCK as a solo player. I don't have a magic opinion for making friends. I wish you good luck.

rzVpIN8.png

My point about you and Aly is that as far as I can remember you both have the tendency to tell people they are wrong if you don't agree with them.

I remember a long time ago …When we had the exp event they were buffs from NPC and you could still use EXP amulets back then and I remember I had an issue where having the buff plus the amulet would actually gives you less than 100% exp. and despite support refunding me my amulet I was upset because they said to me they were doing a one time curtusy refund and would not do it in the future. The reason I was upset is they made it sound like they were doing me a favor and it was their mistake but you and Aly teamed up telling me I was wrong being upset and one of you at one point said "well no one forces you to buy it" lol

So forgive me for not carrying you in my heart when it comes to voice my own opinion about the game as you buys are kind of CM's fan girls

3 minutes ago, Dreaming-KT said:

My point about you and Aly is that as far as I can remember you both have the tendency to tell people they are wrong if you don't agree with them.

I remember a long time ago …When we had the exp event they were buffs from NPC and you could still use EXP amulets back then and I remember I had an issue where having the buff plus the amulet would actually gives you less than 100% exp. and despite support refunding me my amulet I was upset because they said to me they were doing a one time curtusy refund and would not do it in the future. The reason I was upset is they made it sound like they were doing me a favor and it was their mistake but you and Aly teamed up telling me I was wrong being upset and one of you at one point said "well no one forces you to buy it" lol

So forgive me for not carrying you in my heart when it comes to voice my own opinion about the game as you buys are kind of CM's fan girls

I'm impressed you remember that because I have 0 memory of this. I don't even remember that bug in any semi-recent patch, though I do know I had it happen to me on some illegit servers back in 2.X. Sorry I traumatized you. :| 

30 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I'm impressed you remember that because I have 0 memory of this. I don't even remember that bug in any semi-recent patch, though I do know I had it happen to me on some illegit servers back in 2.X. Sorry I traumatized you. :| 

Traumatized ? again you're turning the situation as if I was wrong being upset about your way of talking to people when it comes dealing with people who are angry with the game.

I mean Cheesecake you're probably a nice guy or girl … I dont know or care but your opinion is as good as someone elses . An opinion isnt right or wrong its a point of view on something. You don't " Traumatize" people you're just an annoying know it all player.

17 hours ago, Dreaming-KT said:

DUDE! I said I agreed with you.

You "remember" that the two of us specifically tell people that we don't agree with that.. we don't agree. First, that's what everyone does. Second, forgive me if I don't recall -one- inconsequential rant from years ago. Everyone rants. I can't be expected to remember all of them. I remember the guy that posted nudes of someone else's girlfriend. I remember the guy that told everyone he would never be banned because he spends and spends. I remember when the same guy was banned. I even remember when the very same guy cried to some VP at NCWest and got his account back. I remember the guy that complained about everything in such broken English that it took half a dozen of us to translate his posts. I remember the guy that talked about himself in the third person. I remember the guy that made every post in hot pink font. I remember the guy that said his personal in game mission was to grief everyone in the other faction to the point that they quit. I don't remember you.

Oddly enough, I agree with people when I AGREE with what they have to say. You posted here smearing me before you did.. and I still agreed with your other points.

@Cheesecake-DN.. traumatized.

clint-nodPURP.gif

Just now, Dreaming-KT said:

Traumatized ? again you're turning the situation as if I was wrong being upset about your way of talking to people when it comes dealing with people who are angry with the game.

I mean Cheesecake you're probably a nice guy or girl … I dont know or care but your opinion isnt as good as someone elses . An opinion isnt right or wrong its a point of view on something. You don't " Traumatize" people you're just an annoying know it all player.

dudewat. :| I didn't say you were right or wrong; you're just holding onto something that I don't even remember because it affected you so badly. I traumatized you to where you're even doing a callout to me (and Aly, who barely posts anymore) on a thread God knows how much later because it hurt you. I'm sorry I apparently hurt you that badly.

And, yes, opinions can be right or wrong (or even relatively right or wrong depending on ideology, religious beliefs, etc), and, when you post them on a public board (forums, FB, Twitter, etc), you open your opinions and beliefs up for disagreeing opinions. It sucks; it's happened to me, too (all the time). I've even apologized when I've been wrong and moved on with my life. Apparently, I did something to wrong you; maybe I was too much of a bully, for which I am sorry.

If you want no one to disagree with your opinion, send it directly to NCsoft (PM Cyan, send an email to aioncommunity@ncsoft.com, send a DM on Twitter). Otherwise you're going to have to deal with people both agreeing and disagreeing with you. No, this isn't "lol don't buy it then." This is how public discourse works.

On 27.06.2018 at 1:57 AM, Cheesecake-DN said:

I came back recently and waiting for one. (yes I know I skipped a bunch).

Well at this point we need some perma XP buffs then.

6.x is near, what's the point of all this grind even.

Archived