how do i install aion on D:\

Hylox-DN

is there a way to do do this? the installer lets u change drives but the patcher is perma set to C:\ is there anyway to change this? my dad has a laptop with a 128 GB SSD[c:\] and a 1 TB HDD[d:\] and his ssd is too full with windows crap to install aion on it. i've been trying to install it but it keeps downloading on C:\ and his ssd goes into the red and aion won't play. i can get the patcher installed on d:\ but it downloads the files for aion onto c:\ and it won't let me change the destination in the patcher, it's locked to c:\! please help!

10 minutes ago, Hylox-DN said:

is there a way to do do this? the installer lets u change drives but the patcher is perma set to C:\ is there anyway to change this? my dad has a laptop with a 128 GB SSD[c:\] and a 1 TB HDD[d:\] and his ssd is too full with windows crap to install aion on it. i've been trying to install it but it keeps downloading on C:\ and his ssd goes into the red and aion won't play. i can get the patcher installed on d:\ but it downloads the files for aion onto c:\ and it won't let me change the destination in the patcher, it's locked to c:\! please help!

I have installed it on D just changing the path during the install, i had no problem with that. 

nc launcher keeps installing on C:\ and it won't let me change the destination in the nc launcher installer. i reinstalled aion to D:\NCSOFT\Aion then the nc soft launcher installs to: c:\program files(x86)\NC West\NC Launcher <----- cannot be changed during install process and doesn't give me the option to change the install location. after the install, i check the launcher settings, the launcher settings show: check file locations ---> c:\program files(x86)\NC West\NC Launcher\Downloads  which cannot be changed

So, the launcher can only be installed on C:\ I think (which is fine because it takes up like no space), but you should be able to select the install location of the game at some point during the installation.

Edit:

I pulled out the laptop.

Right after you accept the agreement terms thing, you get to this part:

MvrItw0.png 

That's where you change the install location:

yG64JxQ.png

3 hours ago, Hylox-DN said:

if you have already installed Aion you can move game to another location (disk):

1. first copy (move) all folders and files (subfolders also)  of Aion game - C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\Aion , to new location --> D:\Aion

2. open Registry edit program (regedit.exe) and go to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NCWest\AION , and change the path in BaseDir key to new location of Aion .......

old key - BaseDir -  C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\Aion

new key - BaseDir - D:\Aion

start the game (NCLauncher will stay here - C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher)

Here is a process that (a) lets you move to a different location, even on a different machine, (b) avoids more than a couple minutes of downloading, and (c) avoids registry edits.

The problem is that the main Aion directory under "program files (x86)\..." is around 50 GB (gigabytes) and takes a long time to download. The launcher is immaterial.

1. Find an up-to-date "Aion" directory on either the C drive or a different machine. If it is on a different machine, copy it onto a USB storage medium, like an external hard drive or a big USB flash drive.

2. Start a fresh install of Aion. When it asks for a directory, it will specify a path like "C:\program files (x86)..." Change the C: to D: by editing the string; the download process will create the other directories in the path when it starts to download. Let it download run for a few minutes, in particular, let it update the launcher and install DirectX. Abort the download after it starts a multi-gigabyte download step.

3. Rename the directory Aion that has just started downloading to Aion.x.

4. Place your 50 GB "Aion" directory right next to Aion.x with the original name Aion.

5. Starting the game now will use the Aion directory from the previous step. There will be no additional downloading.

This process works between Windows 7 and Windows 10.

On 21/07/2018 at 4:33 PM, Cheesecake-DN said:

So, the launcher can only be installed on C:\ I think (which is fine because it takes up like no space), but you should be able to select the install location of the game at some point during the installation.

Edit:

I pulled out the laptop.

Right after you accept the agreement terms thing, you get to this part:

MvrItw0.png 

That's where you change the install location:

yG64JxQ.png

Why Aion is fat? Eating too much Cheesecake?

Archived