Jump to content
Cyan

Weekly Server Maintenance - August 8, 2018

Recommended Posts

Cyan   

There will be a scheduled maintenance Wednesday, August 8, 2018 from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 3 hours.

Changes

  • Routine website and server maintenance.
  • 2018 Summer Block Party will end. Break open any remaining Ice Blocks before it's too late!
  • Kumuki's Daring Rescue will begin. You can find full event details here.
  • A client crashing issue has been fixed.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates.
 

Maintenance Images of the Week

e0c39kufqme11.png4830kj6e0dd11.jpg GJt7EOd.gif 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Go to NCSOFT/Aion/bin64 folder

Rename aion.bin to aion.bin.old

OMG im done ... thanks you so much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Salavi-KT said:

oh, i can't play aion on windows 10 ver 1803, can u help me :(

 

@Cyan this really has to be fixed because there are players who still face the problem and who don't.... For this guy Xigncode doesn't work, but there are players who don't face the problem anymore, like me (and I think @Cheesecake said that she doesn't have the problem too), It's like at random. Some ppl face it while some do not on the W10 1803 version.

for you @Salavi-KT you can keep using Cheesecake's fix if you don't mind running 32-bit client or there's a fix with which you can run Aion 64-bit: go to W. Defender -> App & Browser control -> Exploit protection settings and you have to disable SEHOP, CFG, DEP, with that you should be able to run 64-bit client. Reboot is requied after the changes are made btw.

@Cheesecake-DN give ppl choice which they want to use because for some ppl the 32-bit client runs really shitty, I cannot be on the forums as much as you so please :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't the xigncode problem. That was fixed several weeks ago. This is a whole separate issue that is only fixed by switching to the 32-bit client. This problem has existed since before xigncode. For years, even.

Please don't try to undermine my work. It makes my unpaid job much more difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

This isn't the xigncode problem. That was fixed several weeks ago. This is a whole separate issue that is only fixed by switching to the 32-bit client. This problem has existed since before xigncode. For years, even.

Please don't try to undermine my work. It makes my unpaid job much more difficult.

Okay thanks for making me look like an idiot while trying to ppl give a chance running 64-bit client....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're spreading a solution to an entirely different problem that doesn't exist anymore. Your solution doesn't fix whatever problem is popping up for some people involving the client not launching. Something more likely to work is netsh winsock reset from admin cmd line, which was the original fix until that stopped fixing it years ago.

And I just got Windows 1803 literally 3 days ago. 

You're welcome to feel like an idiot. That's on you. I was informing you that you are mistaken in what you're trying to solve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

You're spreading a solution to an entirely different problem that doesn't exist anymore. Your solution doesn't fix whatever problem is popping up for some people involving the client not launching. Something more likely to work is netsh winsock reset from admin cmd line, which was the original fix until that stopped fixing it years ago.

And I just got Windows 1803 literally 3 days ago. 

You're welcome to feel like an idiot. That's on you. I was informing you that you are mistaken in what you're trying to solve.

Okay... he described the issue like it has been since W10 1803 release... switching to 32-bit worked since then.... why wouldn't working this fix I described? It's working with W10 1803.. I don't know where you got it doesn't work for years cause W10 1803 isn't around for years... THINK, I'M NOT SPREADING SHIT.. you're being selfish not allowing anything else than your own fix as the only one option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit, dude, chill.

The W10 1803 is non-essential information. You can probably google "Aion not launching" and find threads going back to 2010.

I've been here doing this out-tech supporting ncsoft's tech team for the last several years. I even have a document I use to track fixes. This has little to nothing to do with 1803. It's been happening for years, even recently to people without 1803.

I don't know why you are stuck on it being an 1803 problem when it's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Holy shit, dude, chill.

The W10 1803 is non-essential information. You can probably google "Aion not launching" and find threads going back to 2010.

I've been here doing this out-tech supporting ncsoft's tech team for the last several years. I even have a document I use to track fixes. This has little to nothing to do with 1803. It's been happening for years, even recently to people without 1803.

I don't know why you are stuck on it being an 1803 problem when it's not.

Then tell me: Why are you saying the fix i described is shit when it's working? I haven't seen anybody with 1709 or lower describing the type of issue "Xigncode IS NOT loading", it started happening with 1803... and you could either switch to 32-bit client or disable those protections and run 64-bit.... so now tell me... I haven't seen relevant thing saying that I'm wrong you just said that I'm spreading lies.... so.... I'm starting to lose my patience with you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I say your fix was shit? No. I said your fix was for a different problem that was already fixed.

XIGNCODE doesn't load because the client itself isn't being loaded.

Lose your patience with me; that's fine. I'll be your boogieman if that makes you feel better. That's on you, though, and that's your problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Did I say your fix was shit? No. I said your fix was for a different problem that was already fixed.

XIGNCODE doesn't load because the client itself isn't being loaded.

Lose your patience with me; that's fine. I'll be your boogieman if that makes you feel better. That's on you, though, and that's your problem.

Do you know that Aion start itself, then it start Xigncode and until Xigncode is loaded it doesn't load itself further? Aion is not loading cause Xigncode wasn't loaded cause something is preveting it from being loaded....

Yeah sure there're some cases when even the client itself doesn't load and that's VERY rare...

Essentially you said that... you just said it's fix for x years old problem while it's been used as a fix for this problem.... so sorry but you helpfulness for me went from quite high to very low... Bye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doll-DN   
1 hour ago, Magistone-KT said:

Okay thanks for making me look like an idiot

She didn't make you look like anything, you did that all by yourself.

It seems to me that you grossly misinterpreted/misunderstood what she said. She never said you were spreading lies nor that your solution was shit. What she did say was that your solution was for a different problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Bye, Felicia.

What else could I expected from you? an explanation I asked for? nah, you have just your document and everything else is wrong

10 hours ago, Doll-KT said:

She didn't make you look like anything, you did that all by yourself.

It seems to me that you grossly misinterpreted/misunderstood what she said. She never said you were spreading lies nor that your solution was shit. What she did say was that your solution was for a different problem.

If it was for a different problem why ppl still face the problem? Because as she says that the problem was fixed... and ppl still have it... it cannot be fixed, can it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time Aion has its weekly update, I hold my breath and pray I don't have to rename Aion bin from 64 to 32, because XIGNCode won't load, and prevent me from getting into the game.  The XIGNCode problem hasn't been solved, not by a long shot, as the problem still persists.  I've lost track of my posts to "customer support" about XIGNCode, and I'm tired of having to rename my Aion bin.

Is the XIGNCode problem a small problem?  In the grand scheme of things, it's merely an irritation, easily fixed by the player.  Small irritations, however, blow up into bigger irritations, and turn into full-scale player frustration and anger, which leads to some people quitting the game.  Those of you who have seen my posts know just how angry and frustrated I have gotten, and I'm not alone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×